Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Apr 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1889202)   #1
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
GP2 on TV?

Hi all,

I've just been wondering; does anyone know if GP2 is being carried this year in the UK on TV? I've had a browse through the listings, but couldn't find it anywhere. It would be a real shame if it wasn't being televised this year.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1889206)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's on Eurosport.

See this armchair thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95604

It also shows on the Sky EPG.

Failing that, ITV will be doing highlights a week later, although this is painful viewing.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 22:31 (Ref:1889360)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
ITV will be doing highlights a week later, although this is painful viewing.
Yes.

James Allen: And will Hamilton be able to make a move here? (feigned surprise)- Oh, he's passed him!

etc.
Old 12 Apr 2007, 02:20 (Ref:1889421)   #4
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With no Argentinians on the grid, Fox Sports GP2 TV coverage in Latin America is in doubt.

Last edited by Mekola; 12 Apr 2007 at 02:23.
Old 12 Apr 2007, 08:24 (Ref:1889534)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
It's on Eurosport.

See this armchair thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95604

It also shows on the Sky EPG.

Failing that, ITV will be doing highlights a week later, although this is painful viewing.
Cheers for that link!

Yeah I was worried it wasn't going to be on (remember the last minute shcedule shuffling prior to Valencia's openers last season?)

I've checked the weekend tv forecast for them and it says Eurosport 2 is showing both races 'live' at the moment.

What i've got so far is:

Race one is on at 2pm CET on Saturday, repeated at 7pm (both Eurosport 2) and Race 2 is on at 8.30am Sunday and repeated at 9.45pm on Eurosport 1
Old 14 Apr 2007, 12:37 (Ref:1891028)   #6
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Adri_tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live Timing for GP2 ?
Old 14 Apr 2007, 12:56 (Ref:1891052)   #7
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri_tifosi
Live Timing for GP2 ?
Don't think any's available I'm afraid.
Old 14 Apr 2007, 12:58 (Ref:1891056)   #8
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
In Spain the long race is very difficult to see
Old 14 Apr 2007, 13:22 (Ref:1891074)   #9
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Setanta Sports are also showing these live
Old 14 Apr 2007, 13:34 (Ref:1891083)   #10
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Link Please ?
Old 14 Apr 2007, 16:09 (Ref:1891151)   #11
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Setanta Sports is a subscription TV channel.

(Thread to armchair when ready )
Old 14 Apr 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1891156)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Setanta coverage was good. Widescreen and all and no ticker bar at the bottom.

Wish there was some way of combining this with the Eurosport commentary.
Old 14 Apr 2007, 16:44 (Ref:1891180)   #13
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
The Setanta coverage was good. Widescreen and all and no ticker bar at the bottom.

Wish there was some way of combining this with the Eurosport commentary.
So, you take fancy coverage with widescreen and no banners - so just the pretty eye candy over Haven and Rees shimmering commentary do you?

Treasonous slimeball - you should, shall and will be hanged!

(Well, after Martin learns all the cars. Pizzonia's not driving for Durango!)
Old 14 Apr 2007, 16:57 (Ref:1891194)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I actually watched the Eurosport coverage, flicking to Setanta during the ads.

The difference was staggering, but by god the commentary is stale!

Martin and Gareth make a great team, I can't foresake them.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 14 Apr 2007 at 17:19.
Old 14 Apr 2007, 17:16 (Ref:1891209)   #15
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
So, you take fancy coverage with widescreen and no banners - so just the pretty eye candy over Haven and Rees shimmering commentary do you?

Treasonous slimeball - you should, shall and will be hanged!

(Well, after Martin learns all the cars. Pizzonia's not driving for Durango!)
Hey !! It was only 7 0r 8 laps....

or maybe say 15...

give me a break...

I'll be less worser tomorrow at some god-forsaken early hour..

no, hang on...
Old 14 Apr 2007, 17:16 (Ref:1891210)   #16
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I actually watched the Eurosport coverage, flicking to Setanta during the ads.

The difference was staggering, but by god the commentary is stale!

Martin and Garteh make a great team, I can't foresake them.
cheque's in the post, as ever
Old 17 Apr 2007, 19:47 (Ref:1894156)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
cheque's in the post, as ever
well Martin & Knowlesy ....( hey there a new partnership that should thrive one day )

this is what i did ( please dont laugh ) ....

i connected it all up so i could view the Superb widescreen picture that was broadcast elsewhere ...but hooked up the Audio from Eurosport to keep the best commentary around . That way i got the best of both worlds . I also tried it briefly without Martin and Gareth , but couldnt bare it , so a quick audio lead fumble and i got them back again ...it was spot on .
Old 17 Apr 2007, 20:00 (Ref:1894173)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Genius!
Old 17 Apr 2007, 20:13 (Ref:1894192)   #19
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
For the cost of just two subscriptions to Sky!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 08:04 (Ref:1894484)   #20
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
For the cost of just two subscriptions to Sky!

God no , thats just silly !... No , i have only one Sky subsciption and that costs more than enough already .
Old 18 Apr 2007, 08:28 (Ref:1894500)   #21
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Anyway , it was just a bit of fun really to see if it worked ...But i have to say overall it worked quite well .

I recieved email from a mate of mine the other day as we were talking about this very subject and both of us agreed that you wouldnt want any different commentators to what we already get with Martin and Gareth . Were really lucky , especially like Knowlesy says when you listen to some of the others and you see that they are not a patch on what we get .

The only thing i like is , that i really enjoy watching Motorsport on a Widescreen 16:9 format , i find it really adds to the enjoyment of the whole thing .

The bit of trying to mix around the video and audio signals to get Martin and Gareth but in widescreen picutre was just a bit of fun really , but it was actually quite good .

Its got me thinking and maybe Martin could maybe help explain it a bit , Ive noticed that Motors TV have probally the weakest picture quality out of all the sport channels , Eurosport have a much better quality picture ...yet channels like Setanta and Premiere Sport have a really stunning high quality pictures ususally in widescreen too ..Do TV stations have to pay for the actually channel that they broadcast over the satelllite or the amount of actual picture quality infomation they want to send ( Bandwidth i think ) . Only sometimes is so clear to see the different in pixelation that you get with Motors tv comapred to Setanta or Premiere ? . Eurosport seem to be right in the middle . THis isnt a moan , far from it , Blimey we are so lucky to get all the great motorsport coverage we get nowdays , its never been this good has it !... but it something that ive noticed for a while now and did wonder why ?... I suppose it comes down to how much money a channel has to spend on its transmissions ? .. Great stuff as always though , i wouldnt be without any of them ... Great Job !

Last edited by Sato san; 18 Apr 2007 at 08:32.
Old 18 Apr 2007, 21:46 (Ref:1895101)   #22
Alfonso de Orleans
Racer

Spain
Near the Jerez race track, Spain
Alfonso de Orleans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pity Martin can't teach the German Eurosport folks a thing or two about GP2. I really can't say much about it since I am usually at the track, but friends say it's dreadful and try to get the British sound by changing the frequency on their boxes so as to get decent commentary.

I guess this means Martin and Gareth are doing a good job!

Well done
Old 19 Apr 2007, 12:46 (Ref:1895483)   #23
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like them too and it's quite a dilema to decide between them and the Greek commentator who also happens to be a good friend.

By the way, this is the first year that GP2 is screened on free to air tv over here and people on forums are raving about it as one would expect!
Old 19 Apr 2007, 13:04 (Ref:1895498)   #24
Alx
Racer

United Kingdom
The World Where I Live
Alx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see GP2 is advertised for this coming weekend on ITV4 in the UK... but is it going to be shown on ITV1 at all?
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, but I feel that life is measured in achievement, and not in years alone"
Old 19 Apr 2007, 17:18 (Ref:1895641)   #25
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been told that they're going to push GP2 onto ITV4, as they want that channel to be some sort of Blokes TV. Woo hoo.