Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Which campsite will you be staying at for Le Mans this year?
Tertre Rouge 10 20.00%
Hunaudieres 0 0%
Expo 1 2.00%
Houx 9 18.00%
Houx Annexe 3 6.00%
Bleu Nord 2 4.00%
Bleu Sud 1 2.00%
Maison Blanche 7 14.00%
Karting 0 0%
Porsche Curves (Travel Destinations) 1 2.00%
Beausejour 1 2.00%
Dairon 0 0%
Pincenardiere 0 0%
I'm a local 2 4.00%
I'm a namby-pamby (hotel for me) 3 6.00%
Other Unnamed Campsite 7 14.00%
Marshals Campsite 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 May 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3400334)   #176
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Sometimes you two sounds like an old couple
LOL!
Old 1 May 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3400374)   #177
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Sometimes you two sounds like an old couple
Surely you don't mean Waldorf and Statler from the Muppet show?....
Old 1 May 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3400383)   #178
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
More Jack Klugman and Tony Randall or perhaps Walter Matthau and jack Lemmon from the remake
Old 1 May 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3400397)   #179
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are we saying 'old' here or 'odd'..........?
Old 2 May 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3400651)   #180
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BOTH
Old 4 May 2014, 15:23 (Ref:3401873)   #181
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
After spending the Spa weekend in a Gîte with two toilets, a very nice shower, my own bed and a proper kitchen, and the most important two things: a roof with tiles and a central heating system instead of a tent without all these but with a 2 °C night temperature, the lure of going namby-pamby has taken a slight hold of me.....

Tertre Rouge losing a camper in the future?
Old 4 May 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3401879)   #182
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
All that you say Vince sounds great but the thought of no base at the circuit, spending hours getting to the hotel and back and not being where the action is tends to put a real down on being a namby pamby, and i like the fact that in a camp sight you can turn in when you like and it is not far to your bed
Old 4 May 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3401914)   #183
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans 2014 - Camping Roll Call

Pussy! ( only joking Vincent!)
Old 4 May 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3402065)   #184
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
After spending the Spa weekend in a Gîte with two toilets, a very nice shower, my own bed and a proper kitchen, and the most important two things: a roof with tiles and a central heating system instead of a tent without all these but with a 2 °C night temperature, the lure of going namby-pamby has taken a slight hold of me.....

See your point - never been really tempted by camping at Spa and have sourced a fantastic place to stay where of an evening I can walk down into town for a beer and a meal and, in this year's case, a friendly historic pub where I can watch qualifying on the app.

Le Mans is that little bit different though isn't it? Despite my dire warnings on another social media site, LM isn't likely to get the extreme lows we got overnight this weekend at Spa (and it was cold, I had to move in from my terrace and just leave a big candle burning outside to make me think there was some some outsideness going on)?

Critically they run through the night - and if nothing else a tent with a warm bed in it no more than a couple of minutes away rather than a car 30 minutes off leading to a similar drive makes its own argument.
Old 5 May 2014, 05:51 (Ref:3402355)   #185
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
That is how i feel, of course if it is very cold or pouring with rain you do start to feel like you made the wrong choice but these cdays we have good cover in the camp and the tents and sleeping bags are water proof snd warm
Old 5 May 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3402415)   #186
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Only joking! Hence the ''

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Critically they run through the night - and if nothing else a tent with a warm bed in it no more than a couple of minutes away rather than a car 30 minutes off leading to a similar drive makes its own argument.
Did this the Spa weekend. But as they have an closing time friday and saturday, it didn't matter very much. But I like the 30 second strawl from my tent towards the track, instead of a 30 minute drive.

Quote:
Sourced a fantastic place to stay where of an evening I can walk down into town for a beer and a meal.
Mind to share your knowledge? Did you stay in Spa or in Francorchamps? I left it a bit late this year, and with the weekend being a bank holiday in Belgium, all nearby places were taken already of course.
Old 5 May 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3402432)   #187
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Only joking! Hence the ''

Did this the Spa weekend. But as they have an closing time friday and saturday, it didn't matter very much. But I like the 30 second strawl from my tent towards the track, instead of a 30 minute drive.

Mind to share your knowledge? Did you stay in Spa or in Francorchamps? I left it a bit late this year, and with the weekend being a bank holiday in Belgium, all nearby places were taken already of course.
Stayed in Spa (about 3 km out from centre - which is a pleasant walk down in the evening, more of a challenge heading home at the end of the night, but taxis are available too). Ordinarily I'd be delighted to share details, but as they have essentially one room I'd be loath to lose it to someone else...
Old 5 May 2014, 10:33 (Ref:3402433)   #188
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Ordinarily I'd be delighted to share details, but as they have essentially one room I'd be loath to lose it to someone else...
And rightly so!
Old 5 May 2014, 15:41 (Ref:3402504)   #189
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Stayed in Spa (about 3 km out from centre - which is a pleasant walk down in the evening, more of a challenge heading home at the end of the night, but taxis are available too). Ordinarily I'd be delighted to share details, but as they have essentially one room I'd be loath to lose it to someone else...
But i know where you stayed
Old 5 May 2014, 15:45 (Ref:3402507)   #190
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
But i know where you stayed
So you do Simon. And I'm sure people could readily work it out without too much bother, but after I posted details of a feather good chateau on Piston Heads a few years ago, only to discover it became suddenly impossible to get a room until the fad passed I think I've learned a valuable lesson.

I've no real objection to being gazumped, but I do like a gazumper to work for it...
Old 5 May 2014, 15:48 (Ref:3402509)   #191
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
OK ian your secret is safe with me, see you in 5 weeks time
Old 5 May 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3402510)   #192
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
OK ian your secret is safe with me, see you in 5 weeks time
Excellent. I was also going to add that Margaret, having missed this year, is very keen on the Spa experience next year, and do you really want to p155 off the trained killer?
Old 5 May 2014, 15:55 (Ref:3402512)   #193
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If you set margaret on me i will have to retire to a safe distance and plan revenge
Old 16 May 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3406863)   #194
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The numbers voting are still well down on last year so come on people let us know where you will be staying
Old 19 May 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3407837)   #195
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First time in TR for me - with new friends!

Having to work quite hard in the build up so not been on here much. Apologies for absence.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 10:10 (Ref:3414143)   #196
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Still not as many people have posted their camping on here as last year so come on those that have not posted details yet only 1 week to go
Old 3 Jun 2014, 09:45 (Ref:3414670)   #197
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just one in it, this is tense...
Old 3 Jun 2014, 15:15 (Ref:3414811)   #198
greeny12
Rookie

greeny12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First time camping at the track this year after only ever staying in hotels/with French families etc.

But we're not slumming it, we've hired a motorhome and are basing ourselves in the Village on the Curves private site! Will be interesting to experience a different Le Mans dynamic for the first time since I started going back in the mid-90s...
Old 3 Jun 2014, 20:36 (Ref:3414956)   #199
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Bleu Nord for us as tickets for a large group like ours made it difficult to find an appropriate spot on Houx annexe this year.

Oh well, we've had some fun years on Bleu Nord before and with the camp set up we have, we'll basically be fine anywhere as long as it's not to far from the track.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 05:36 (Ref:3415568)   #200
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally received my tickets! We will be in Houx.

Are the pitch maps on the Beermountan website relatively accurate?