Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Feb 2003, 08:53 (Ref:513198)   #1
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
TVRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
camping at le mans

hi everyone, i need your help, does anyone know the best place, and cheapest, to camp at Le Mans. we're talking about 40 people here, so twenty tents. any ideas? cheers guys

Last edited by TVRfan; 21 Feb 2003 at 08:54.
Old 21 Feb 2003, 09:07 (Ref:513204)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The best place (IMHO) is the Maison Blanche campsite, but our party booked in July last year and we're only on the waiting list with the ACO.

Your best (only?) bet is to approach someone like Page and Moy and open your wallet. (You'll need one ticket per vehicle).
Old 21 Feb 2003, 09:27 (Ref:513222)   #3
The Bear
Rookie

The Bear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Guy says, you are probably too late for this year but you can try these people http://www.clubmotorsport.org.uk/packonly.html
Although they offer a package they are very flexible and will probably let you pay just to camp.
Old 21 Feb 2003, 09:57 (Ref:513239)   #4
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
TVRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
were all going in a coach so one ticket a vehicle sounds good, how much is it. got a phone number? cheers guys
Old 21 Feb 2003, 10:46 (Ref:513270)   #5
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure that coaches are let into the 'public campsites', So your best bet may be to contact the ACO and ask there advice.
Old 21 Feb 2003, 11:44 (Ref:513310)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know where you could get tent space and food and drink for a good price, but the ferry company we use only takes cars. If you want to know more, send me a PM.
Old 21 Feb 2003, 13:06 (Ref:513370)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you're talking of a full size coach, I think I can guarantee that you won't get into one of the campsites with it. There is specific parking set aside for coaches (I can't remember now if its bleu or blanc?).
Old 21 Feb 2003, 13:34 (Ref:513402)   #8
J.J.S.S.Express
Rookie

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
J.J.S.S.Express should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is a camping next to tertre rouge curve. It's inside the circuit. a lot of english people are here, and also at maison blanche (they built some pretty wall of glass of bear )

There is also a camping at mulsanne. The dutch fans of Lammers have a big bus with a big TV
Old 21 Feb 2003, 17:21 (Ref:513536)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw some of those Lammers fans in their team shirts and caps last year -- they were at the Welcome Centre quite near us and every time the Racing for Holland car passed, they would rise from their benches and toast him! Obviously they had very keen ears because they never made a mistake and toasted any other car.
Old 21 Feb 2003, 17:51 (Ref:513567)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
If you're talking of a full size coach, I think I can guarantee that you won't get into one of the campsites with it. There is specific parking set aside for coaches (I can't remember now if its bleu or blanc?).
MRI park there coachs in parking Bleu, not sure about Page&Moy. I am planing to camp next year, going on the coach again this year. Would it be a good idea to join the ACO, so that I can get a camping permit.
Old 22 Feb 2003, 09:57 (Ref:514005)   #11
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have camped at Karting Nord for our last two visits and used Just Tickets you can find them at justtickets.co.uk they charge a little extra but it is easily sorted, best to book your ferry privatley though. It is also a good idea to get there early Tuesday or wednesday is good or even send an advanced party. If there are a few of you just get a couple of general admission tickets from them and by the rest when you get there.

Old 22 Feb 2003, 10:35 (Ref:514039)   #12
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found this on the subject of cheapy ferry crossings:-

5 Day returns:-
Any Vehicle upto 5 metres 109 quid!
Any Vehicle over 5 metres 12 quid a metre each way!

See http://www.lemans24hrs.info for details
Old 24 Feb 2003, 13:41 (Ref:515981)   #13
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rdjones, joining the ACO doesn't guarantee tickets. Whether or not it gives you preference in the ticket queue is hard to say, there's nothing in the ACO literature to confirm this. Book early, get your mates to book early, keep your eye on the likely websites and cross your fingers. It's a lottery isn't it?
H
Old 24 Feb 2003, 13:54 (Ref:516005)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bigh is right Rob, I doubt that you'd lay your hands on a camping pass from the ACO now. Mind you, if you're prepared to stump up the cash, MRI would probably get one for you, as you're going with them.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 21:10 (Ref:516480)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know that, I am starting to make plans for next year......
Old 24 Feb 2003, 22:44 (Ref:516617)   #16
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bigh
rdjones, joining the ACO doesn't guarantee tickets. Whether or not it gives you preference in the ticket queue is hard to say, there's nothing in the ACO literature to confirm this. Book early, get your mates to book early, keep your eye on the likely websites and cross your fingers. It's a lottery isn't it?
H
I agree totally! I'm an ACO member, booked camping tickets in July, believed everything was OK, booked ferry tickets and find now I've been mislead. My mate now has to contend with his partner & 6 year old son sleeping in their car for this years' race. It would have been easy for the ACO to say "You do not have a camping place"; instead they issue a garbled "invoice" which I believed told me camping places were reserved - I'm not happy.
Old 25 Feb 2003, 07:20 (Ref:516889)   #17
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I've always booked my tickets through Just Tickets. Its an expensive way to buy but they have always given me exactly what I have asked for and that peace of mind is to me worth the money. Every year when I see stories of people being let down by the ACO I feel releived at booking this way.
Old 25 Feb 2003, 09:04 (Ref:516970)   #18
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
I agree 100% with Mal Just tickets are expensive but never let you down I have been afew times now and there are always stories of people who have been let down. After all if you compare the price to other racing events even at there prices its still cheap and always nice to know you won't have a problem when you get there.
Old 25 Feb 2003, 09:10 (Ref:516975)   #19
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
I need tips for pre qualifying

I have been to the main race afew times now and as everyone is am hooked on it now. I tend to go every other year but go from Tuesday to Sunday night the early part of the week can be the best fun actually especially when you get a good bunch which we always do. (also get the best camp sites as well) Anyway this year three of us have decided to go to the pre qualifying aswell so I would appreciate any tips on what are the best things to do or is it just very similar.

Last edited by Bentley Beermon; 25 Feb 2003 at 09:12.
Old 25 Feb 2003, 10:27 (Ref:517013)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ask Fab, our "French Correspondent" - he's your pre-qual man!
Old 25 Feb 2003, 13:01 (Ref:517129)   #21
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pre-Qual is great and a lot easier, just go to the main entrance by the museum, buy your entrance ticket from the ticket booths(you can buy a ticket just for the weekend if you want). Then you can buy a camping ticket from the main vehicle entrance (between ticket booths and museum).
You camp (or you did last time I went) near to the ACO building at the back of the village, where the big wheel was last year. You take your car through the tunnel to the village and find a pitch.
Old 25 Feb 2003, 13:12 (Ref:517144)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It sounds remarkably easy and civilised, egor. (I'll now get Fab urging me to go to pre-qual - which sadly I can't!).
Old 25 Feb 2003, 15:30 (Ref:517257)   #23
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It sounds remarkably easy and civilised
Very civilised, not one raised voice all weekend, no arguing with people on where you can and cannot camp, just a little colder than June.
If I remember there was only a dozen or so tents, but the village was like a ghost town.
Old 25 Feb 2003, 17:02 (Ref:517333)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by rlinter
Just found this on the subject of cheapy ferry crossings:-

5 Day returns:-
Any Vehicle upto 5 metres 109 quid!
Any Vehicle over 5 metres 12 quid a metre each way!

See http://www.lemans24hrs.info for details
Always amazes me how you keep discovering that site, Noel, given who is listed as the owner of the domain name...
Old 25 Feb 2003, 19:28 (Ref:517492)   #25
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Thanks all seems far more civlised than the main event can't wait not too long to go now. Although main event is civilised if you get there early enough.