Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Will you be attending the International Sports Car Weekend at COTA?
Yes 21 31.34%
No 45 67.16%
Maybe so 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Sep 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3306871)   #176
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
A few photos I took at the track today that came out quite well...

And a big thank you to Samoan Attorney for a fantastic garage visit!

Cheers, John!
Old 21 Sep 2013, 00:15 (Ref:3306878)   #177
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would not have been inappropriate to show up at the track today in a scuba suit!

Meanwhile, it's only my second time in person at a sportscar race, but I've had an experience I'll never forget! The guys at Greaves Motorsports were kind enough to invite me into the garage when I was standing out in the rain and show me around...very nice guys indeed!

Red flagged sessions aren't so boring when they give you a chance to shoot the breeze with team personnel

Definitely looking forward to tomorrow...and hopefully less rain!
Old 21 Sep 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3306899)   #178
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlBD View Post
Meanwhile, it's only my second time in person at a sportscar race, but I've had an experience I'll never forget! The guys at Greaves Motorsports were kind enough to invite me into the garage when I was standing out in the rain and show me around...very nice guys indeed!
Good for you, and hats off to the Greaves crew for taking care of the fans!
Old 21 Sep 2013, 02:03 (Ref:3306909)   #179
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kind of OT, but it happened in Parking Lot T... tip of the hat to the guys with 4X4's and tow straps, and the creative ideas, that came to the rescue of the dozen or so vehicles that sank into the Hill Country earth in that lot. Seriously, so much rain that many cars were stuck before they even tried to move.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 21 Sep 2013, 02:42 (Ref:3306915)   #180
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Final Update to the guide, just released with Oliver Gavin in the #97 Aston Martin for WEC!!!!! and updated BAR-1 livery on the ALMS Guide. Thanks for all the downloads. WEC guide leads the ALMS guide by just 3% in download figures!
Oliver Gavin in an Aston. That's REALLY weird.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 02:56 (Ref:3306920)   #181
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
A few photos I took at the track today that came out quite well...

From your shots of the WEC rain shortened practice, we were right in the same neighborhood.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 21 Sep 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3307075)   #182
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Qual stream started.

I always use this link in a Chrome app window to minimize clutter:

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xpg7wv
Old 21 Sep 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3307088)   #183
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't be long before Aston snap up Stanaway on a permanent basis. He's legit.

Wouldn't surprise me if Porsche were sniffing around him too in the Supercup paddock for next year.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3307091)   #184
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can definitely sympathise with Enzo and 8Star complaining about the #96 Aston.

Jamie Campbell-Walter and Stuart Hall is not an Am line-up.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3307094)   #185
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wow. Lotus vs Toyota round two at COTA. Not sure what happened there as I don't see how the P2 car should be hitting a P1 from behind at the apex of T1...
Old 21 Sep 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3307095)   #186
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
It's time for TMG to send Lotus a bill... not that they would able to pay...
Old 21 Sep 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3307100)   #187
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe increase the fee to Lotus for the engines that TMC send them ( on a somewhat serious note, the Lotus LMP2 cars use those Praga-badged Judd built BMW engines)?

Seriously, maybe TMG should be talking to Kolles--he's the money man/team owner here. I wonder if Kolles can find some dentist pliers big enough to pull some excuse from his rear end...
Old 21 Sep 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3307105)   #188
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Sarrazin passed him and went back to the racing line. The guy in that Lotus was 4-5 seconds off pace. No wonder he rear ended the Toyota. Plus the track was getting slick there later in the session.

That said, Buemi did a decent job. Was only about .4xx off the Audi's at the same period.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3307112)   #189
Velociraptor
Racer

Croatia
Velociraptor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will there be a stream on FIA web page tommorow for the race? If not, any directions as to where to watch the race?

Thanks in advance
Old 21 Sep 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3307115)   #190
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Yup. live.fiawec.com has the races.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3307117)   #191
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That said, Buemi did a decent job. Was only about .4xx off the Audi's at the same period.
Not exactly. This is the average of the best 2 laps of the second drivers:
  • Lotterer: 1:48.758
  • McNish 1:49.050 +0.292
  • Buemi 1:49.367 +0.609
You are right: Buemi was much closer, compared to Sarrazin who was more than 2 sec of the Audi pace.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3307124)   #192
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Will there be a stream on FIA web page tommorow for the race? If not, any directions as to where to watch the race?

Thanks in advance
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpg7wv

WEC and ALMS are doing something wrong when even on this forum "is there a stream" gets asked every race weekend.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3307126)   #193
TF110
Veteran

United States
I said only about 4 tenths off during the same period for Buemi. I was wrong. At least compared to the #1. But it was actually closer on fast lap pace compared to the #2. When the track got warmer, and the 2nd driver ran, here was the difference...

#2 Audi- 1:49.537; 1:49.137; 1:48.962
#8 Toyota- 1:50.412; 1:49.483; 1:49.251

Average difference was .503 but in terms of fastest lap it was .289 between them. They still would have qualified 3rd if Sarrazin could have gone quicker. But if conditions are about the same tomorrow, Toyota isn't too far back when it gets hot.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 04:10 (Ref:3307257)   #194
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Awesome day at the track! I have a new favorite driver and I wanted to tell you guys why:

Martin Plowman has a charitable organization called snowball express:

http://www.snowballexpress.org

I donated some money to it and in return was promised a tour of the Oak Racing garage. What I did not expect was that Martin Plowman himself would be giving me a personal tour! I did the tour with him yesterday and he was so incredibly gracious and so friendly and so willing to give up as much of his time as he could! At the end of the tour I asked him if we could take a photo together near his car (I wish I was computer savvy enough to know how to post the photo here), he said yes and I handed my iphone to a gentleman who was standing nearby who nicely took the photo for us. Martin had another commitment and had to leave and I stuck around talking with the fellow who had taken the photo. I quickly realized that this was Mark Plowman (Martin's dad). His dad is an incredibly friendly, down to earth gentleman! I was worried the whole time that I was intruding on his time and on the activities of the garage, in fact the complete opposite, he welcomed me to stick around as long as I would like and also introduced me to his wife. They are really and truly a wonderful family! They even invited me to watch the race tomorrow with them from their pit box (I think I'll have to take them up on that!). Today after qualy I went back and hung out again, everyone remembered me and was just as nice as yesterday!

So...I have a new favorite driver. I am constantly reminded of why I am a fan of sports car racing and how the people associated with it are so much better to look up to and respect than many of the jerks who couldn't care less about the fans in the major US sports. So go Oak Racing! And go #35! I hope you win tomorrow!!!
Old 22 Sep 2013, 09:34 (Ref:3307318)   #195
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know if the ALMS 'pitwall' has been removed out of the pitlane?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3307355)   #196
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Anyone know if the ALMS 'pitwall' has been removed out of the pitlane?
I'd like to know that as well. I think it's kind of silly for the WEC to be forced to use that if a track has a proper international-style pit lane.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3307358)   #197
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I'd like to know that as well. I think it's kind of silly for the WEC to be forced to use that if a track has a proper international-style pit lane.
I asked that question to the RLM guys on Twitter during quali, they replied on-air and said that the ALMS pitlane setup is going to be dismantled overnight (and that includes the concrete wall), so the WEC guys will use the full-width pitlane.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3307375)   #198
stampchez
Rookie

stampchez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Awesome day at the track! I have a new favorite driver and I wanted to tell you guys why:

Martin Plowman has a charitable organization called snowball express:

http://www.snowballexpress.org

I donated some money to it and in return was promised a tour of the Oak Racing garage. What I did not expect was that Martin Plowman himself would be giving me a personal tour! I did the tour with him yesterday and he was so incredibly gracious and so friendly and so willing to give up as much of his time as he could! At the end of the tour I asked him if we could take a photo together near his car (I wish I was computer savvy enough to know how to post the photo here), he said yes and I handed my iphone to a gentleman who was standing nearby who nicely took the photo for us. Martin had another commitment and had to leave and I stuck around talking with the fellow who had taken the photo. I quickly realized that this was Mark Plowman (Martin's dad). His dad is an incredibly friendly, down to earth gentleman! I was worried the whole time that I was intruding on his time and on the activities of the garage, in fact the complete opposite, he welcomed me to stick around as long as I would like and also introduced me to his wife. They are really and truly a wonderful family! They even invited me to watch the race tomorrow with them from their pit box (I think I'll have to take them up on that!). Today after qualy I went back and hung out again, everyone remembered me and was just as nice as yesterday!

So...I have a new favorite driver. I am constantly reminded of why I am a fan of sports car racing and how the people associated with it are so much better to look up to and respect than many of the jerks who couldn't care less about the fans in the major US sports. So go Oak Racing! And go #35! I hope you win tomorrow!!!
My wife and I also had the chance to meet Martin and tour the garage with him. He really is just the nicest guy! I will be rooting non-stop for the #35 in the future.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3307445)   #199
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first WEC race. Whats with the lack of merchandise for sale from the wec teams? Was hoping to refresh my wardrobe with some toyota, rebellion, and/or lotus gear. but there was nothing, even from audi. Is it like this for the europe rounds too? What about at le mans?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 15:36 (Ref:3307474)   #200
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who on earth is this butchering the US national anthem right now!? Utterly dreadful.