Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Jul 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3105047)   #1601
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
Found this on the net which may be interesting to some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msSUmYUd6ns

Titled Toyota Camry but probably more NZV8 in general.
Nice, I hope they really do manage to get some other manufacturers in there, would take me back to the Group A days but with no nasty turbos!!
Old 12 Jul 2012, 01:16 (Ref:3105397)   #1602
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How long does it take to grow an oak tree from a tiny acorn?
Old 12 Jul 2012, 02:20 (Ref:3105411)   #1603
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
How long does it take to grow an oak tree from a tiny acorn?
I will leave the answering of that question to some witty sage, but remember "The greatest Oaks have been little Acorns."
Old 12 Jul 2012, 06:50 (Ref:3105439)   #1604
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
I will leave the answering of that question to some witty sage, but remember "The greatest Oaks have been little Acorns."
"Get there firstest with the mostest"
Civil War General, Nathan Bedford Forrest

Gunpowder beat tree kemosabi
Old 12 Jul 2012, 07:15 (Ref:3105446)   #1605
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Gunpowder beat tree kemosabi
Then you might enjoy this (sorry, way off-topic but it's fun!)

The Lone Ranger and Tonto went camping in the desert. After they got their tent all set up, they fell sound asleep. Some hours later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says, "Kemo Sabi, look towards sky, what you see?"

The Lone Ranger replies, "I see millions of stars."

"What that tell you?" asked Tonto.

The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute, then says, "Astronomically speaking, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me Saturn is in Leo. Time wise it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What's it tell you, Tonto?"

Tonto is silent for a moment, then says, "Kemo Sabi, you dumb cowboy. It tell me someone has stolen tent."
Old 12 Jul 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3105470)   #1606
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
three gaays walk into a bar, problem is there's only 1 stool, what do they do? .....turn it upside down.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3105489)   #1607
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
three gaays walk into a bar, problem is there's only 1 stool, what do they do? .....turn it upside down.
Only from an Aussie.....

A sandwich walks into a bar and says to the barman, "I'll have a pint of lager please."

The barman says, "Sorry, we don't serve food here..."
Old 12 Jul 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3105493)   #1608
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Lone Ranger and Tonto were at the bar drinking, when in walks a cowboy who yells, "Who's white horse it that outside?"
The Lone Ranger finishes off his whiskey, slams down the glass, turns around and says, "It's my horse. Why do you want to know?"
The cowboy looks at him and says, "Well, your horse is standing out there in the sun and he don't look too good."
The Lone Ranger and Tonto run outside and they see that Silver is in bad shape, suffering from heat exhaustion. The Loan Ranger moves his horse into the shade and gets a bucket of water. He then pours some of the water over the horse and gives the rest to Silver to drink.It is then he notices that there isn't a breeze so he asks Tonto if he would start running around Silver to get some air flowing and perhaps cool him down.
Being a faithful friend, Tonto starts running around Silver. The Lone Ranger stands there for a bit then realizes there is not much more he can do, so he goes back into the bar and orders another whiskey.
After a bit a cowboy walks in and says, "Who's white horse is that outside?"
Slowly the Lone Ranger turns around and says, "That is my horse, what is wrong with him now?" "Nothing," replies the cowboy, "I just wanted to let you know that you left your Injun running."
Old 12 Jul 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3105500)   #1609
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
God help us all! Ok then. Knock Knock...
Old 12 Jul 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3105575)   #1610
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Official Parc Ferme Joke (and Limerick) Thread

Nice to have some fun in here, but the distance off topic is about the same as from here to Auckland!
Old 12 Jul 2012, 13:08 (Ref:3105594)   #1611
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Only from an Aussie.....

A sandwich walks into a bar and says to the barman, "I'll have a pint of lager please."

The barman says, "Sorry, we don't serve food here..."
yeah we aussies got good sense of humor aye bro?
Old 13 Jul 2012, 01:08 (Ref:3105851)   #1612
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Official Parc Ferme Joke (and Limerick) Thread

Nice to have some fun in here, but the distance off topic is about the same as from here to Auckland!
Some would view it as appropriate that this has morped into a joke thread...
Old 13 Jul 2012, 01:56 (Ref:3105855)   #1613
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read this on the nz motor racing website:

Entries are pouring in for the 2012 ASKO Appliances South Island Endurance Series.
Mataura’s Inky Tulloch is planning on running his new generation NZV8 Commodore as a shakedown for the summer BNT V8s Series and will be the first ever racing for this new class.
The final will be part of the V8 SuperTourer enduro finale meeting in Christchurch in late November. The first round gets underway at Teretonga Park (Invercargill) - Saturday 29th September 2012.

Which leads me to these questions: Will Inky be racing at the V8 Supertourer round at Ruapuna? Is he obligated to if he's raced in the earlier rounds? I just can't see Motorsport NZ wanting one of their new V8's at the same meet as the Supertourers.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 03:57 (Ref:3105873)   #1614
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Some would view it as appropriate that this has morped into a joke thread...
Do you mean morphed ?
Old 13 Jul 2012, 04:51 (Ref:3105879)   #1615
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbutler View Post
Just read this on the nz motor racing website:

Entries are pouring in for the 2012 ASKO Appliances South Island Endurance Series.
Mataura’s Inky Tulloch is planning on running his new generation NZV8 Commodore as a shakedown for the summer BNT V8s Series and will be the first ever racing for this new class.
The final will be part of the V8 SuperTourer enduro finale meeting in Christchurch in late November. The first round gets underway at Teretonga Park (Invercargill) - Saturday 29th September 2012.

Which leads me to these questions: Will Inky be racing at the V8 Supertourer round at Ruapuna? Is he obligated to if he's raced in the earlier rounds? I just can't see Motorsport NZ wanting one of their new V8's at the same meet as the Supertourers.
That is odd, isn't it? Maybe he won't go to that one - but it shows how wrong it is for MNZ to have any series of its own in the first place, it should not have a vested interest in anything other than the regulation and promotion of all motorsport in the country.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 06:45 (Ref:3105898)   #1616
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
why would it be an issue? the st supporters claim st meetings are the best thing since sliced bread.. and no doubt "NZV8" will be plastered all over the Tulloch Commodore.. so what's the problem?

in other news.....

NEW ENGINE OPTION FOR NZV8 HOLDENS

The Board of NZV8s has today outlined changes that will make it significantly cheaper and more competitive to race a current schedule TL Holden Commodore in the upcoming NZV8 Gold Star Championship.

Th...e Chev LS3 engine has been approved as a replacement powerplant for the current aging engine. Last season many competitors were frustrated by failing engines as parts became increasingly difficult to source and the costs of maintaining a competitive engine increased.

The option of the LS3 engine will give the Holden a much needed power boost at a fraction of the cost of upgrading an existing engine. The engines which are available as a ready to race package are likely to cost around $10,000 which is a significant saving on building or refreshing a current engine. The engine is the same powerplant as powers the new generation NZV8 Holden Commodore.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 07:37 (Ref:3105911)   #1617
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
The option of the LS3 engine will give the Holden a much needed power boost at a fraction of the cost of upgrading an existing engine. The engines which are available as a ready to race package are likely to cost around $10,000 which is a significant saving on building or refreshing a current engine. The engine is the same powerplant as powers the new generation NZV8 Holden Commodore.[/I]
I don't think it was too hard to anticipate that happening considering Kevin Williams was running one in his Commondoor at the last V8ST round in C/Cup. I doubt he did that "just because he could".
Old 14 Jul 2012, 03:31 (Ref:3106225)   #1618
kiwiracer
Rookie

kiwiracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
why would it be an issue? the st supporters claim st meetings are the best thing since sliced bread.. and no doubt "NZV8" will be plastered all over the Tulloch Commodore.. so what's the problem?

in other news.....

NEW ENGINE OPTION FOR NZV8 HOLDENS

The Board of NZV8s has today outlined changes that will make it significantly cheaper and more competitive to race a current schedule TL Holden Commodore in the upcoming NZV8 Gold Star Championship.

Th...e Chev LS3 engine has been approved as a replacement powerplant for the current aging engine. Last season many competitors were frustrated by failing engines as parts became increasingly difficult to source and the costs of maintaining a competitive engine increased.

The option of the LS3 engine will give the Holden a much needed power boost at a fraction of the cost of upgrading an existing engine. The engines which are available as a ready to race package are likely to cost around $10,000 which is a significant saving on building or refreshing a current engine. The engine is the same powerplant as powers the new generation NZV8 Holden Commodore.
Hardly exciting news is it? What about the Fords? Now there will be 3 Classes I reckon, Half a dozen new cars if you are lucky, and why would you want to buy a new car and put in the same engine as your old Holden. The old Holden with New Engines and Fords with the old engine. Does not seem like a sound plan to me or is it to just try and make up the numbers????
Old 14 Jul 2012, 04:12 (Ref:3106231)   #1619
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
I don't think it was too hard to anticipate that happening considering Kevin Williams was running one in his Commondoor at the last V8ST round in C/Cup. I doubt he did that "just because he could".
since i wasn't at the last st round.. i didn't get a chance to peek under KW bonnet

were there any ba's running coyote engines?
Old 14 Jul 2012, 05:11 (Ref:3106234)   #1620
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
were there any ba's running coyote engines?
I would doubt it because KW's Commie with LS3 power was the quickest thing on the track by roughly a second in the practices, and quickest in the one race he ran finishing 2nd (off the back I think).
Old 14 Jul 2012, 05:45 (Ref:3106243)   #1621
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would doubt it because KW's Commie with LS3 power was the quickest thing on the track by roughly a second in the practices, and quickest in the one race he ran finishing 2nd (off the back I think).
surely the LS3 and coyote would be a good move for both challenge cup and nzv8 class 2..if these engines are cheaper and more reliable then it can only be win win ....i think......it still will cost competitors in both series plenty to rebuild those old boat anchors and i guess the old cars will still have a place for a few years to come as feeder classes....i gather the installation is not super tricky so why not......
Old 14 Jul 2012, 06:26 (Ref:3106250)   #1622
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
surely the LS3 and coyote would be a good move for both challenge cup and nzv8 class 2..if these engines are cheaper and more reliable then it can only be win win ....i think......it still will cost competitors in both series plenty to rebuild those old boat anchors and i guess the old cars will still have a place for a few years to come as feeder classes....i gather the installation is not super tricky so why not......
wasn't this always part of the NZV8 upgrade from about 2-3 years ago?? about the same time Paul Manuel was running a Folden ??
Old 14 Jul 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3106264)   #1623
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
thought the plan back then was to run a dart ford engine in the falcons and commodores
Old 14 Jul 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3106266)   #1624
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
thought the plan back then was to run a dart ford engine in the falcons and commodores
but wasn't there also talk of a holden/chev fordAu/fordUs package?? when the COT was mooted?
and that current older shell could upgrade to the same package??
before the sandpits moved to different playgrounds??
Old 19 Jul 2012, 00:49 (Ref:3108303)   #1625
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
hmm not much talk before Speedshow?

this weekend..

will Edgell reveal he will race a NZV8 Hyundai during the summer and an International Motorsport Holden during the winter?

will there be a "drift battle" between the Tulloch VE and Fanga Dan VZ?

will Foggy be presented with a dog with an extra body part?

will we see a Giltrap Audi NZV8 or ST?

will both sides kiss and make up?