Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Jul 2012, 10:22 (Ref:3109410)   #1651
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who did all the work in the first place NZV8-ST... When you take YOUR bat and ball nextdoor to play and you don't like the rules do you go home empty handed? No you take the bat and ball with you' if you have any balls.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3109411)   #1652
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
sept 2010 we first saw pics of the V8SC Cotf chassis

feb 2011 the st made an appearance

jan 2011 the st was a NZV8

who ripped who off again
Simple, v8st have the first concept of the cotf. Has the same pick up points on the cotf jig. Super ads went a different way. Mrx is building space frame.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 10:33 (Ref:3109417)   #1653
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Who did all the work in the first place NZV8-ST... When you take YOUR bat and ball nextdoor to play and you don't like the rules do you go home empty handed? No you take the bat and ball with you' if you have any balls.
but no one took their bat and ball nextdoor.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3109421)   #1654
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
but no one took their bat and ball nextdoor.
Who's ideas and contacts were being used in the first place? and were they being payed for them? I don't think so. But we can wait for the court findings.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3109458)   #1655
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
NZ V8's should merge with the SuperTourers and call themselves the V8 Supercar rip offs.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3109522)   #1656
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spoke to my friend Gallileo who is a chap who knows about what revolves around what.
I was shocked when he told me that V8SC is not the center of the universe!
He said that if you spend too much time peering up your own bottom you might come to that conclusion but no! Also, the earth is not flat.

All around the world cost containment has been a hot potato for the last few years.
A certain mildly sucessful american format have embraced a standardised approach but I suppose being a domestically based series that only occasionally ventures offshore you can be excused for missing that

Prior to that a silly little british series tampered with their rules to try to bring costs in line

Sorry to offend the flat earthers and creationists here in the interwebby but its called evolution.

The commonality between SC and ST is Pace. If you take the time to review the last year and a half of ravings you'll see that it was no secret that the SC and ST were always going to be very similar. ST made a few decisions in line with what they thought was best here in NZ - particularly around achieving an excellent car speed/cost ratio and particularly in reducing the need carry a lot of staff

In the meantime SC have decided that they need a heavily complex technical car. From the little snippets you hear that looks to be rocky going at the moment. Will the technology make the racing better?

NZV8 is pretty much the great unknown.
It has the advantage of following along behind and being able to see what works and doesn't work.

Reading between the lines of what Maxi is inferring (difficult cause he only ever writes one) the car in the picture is not the mule but a 'production' version.

One presumes some testing will follow

An external photo of body panels doesn't shed any light on the spec of the car Chappelli - which is the 64 million dollar question

Also, as a 'production' version I assume that a better appreiciation of the cost of the vehicle is now known. In may experience, inevitably costs spiral up.

Still there are 4 months to the first meeting where all will be revealed and the great New Zealand public will vote with their dicressionary spending - particulary when they have a choice between two formats within a couple of weeks of each other

Last edited by Icarus_nz; 21 Jul 2012 at 19:57.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3109549)   #1657
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
I spoke to my friend Gallileo who is a chap who knows about what revolves around what.
I was shocked when he told me that V8SC is not the center of the universe!
He said that if you spend too much time peering up your own bottom you might come to that conclusion but no! Also, the earth is not flat.

All around the world cost containment has been a hot potato for the last few years.
A certain mildly sucessful american format have embraced a standardised approach but I suppose being a domestically based series that only occasionally ventures offshore you can be excused for missing that

Prior to that a silly little british series tampered with their rules to try to bring costs in line

Sorry to offend the flat earthers and creationists here in the interwebby but its called evolution.

The commonality between SC and ST is Pace. If you take the time to review the last year and a half of ravings you'll see that it was no secret that the SC and ST were always going to be very similar. ST made a few decisions in line with what they thought was best here in NZ - particularly around achieving an excellent car speed/cost ratio and particularly in reducing the need carry a lot of staff

In the meantime SC have decided that they need a heavily complex technical car. From the little snippets you hear that looks to be rocky going at the moment. Will the technology make the racing better?

NZV8 is pretty much the great unknown.
It has the advantage of following along behind and being able to see what works and doesn't work.

Reading between the lines of what Maxi is inferring (difficult cause he only ever writes one) the car in the picture is not the mule but a 'production' version.

One presumes some testing will follow

An external photo of body panels doesn't shed any light on the spec of the car Chappelli - which is the 64 million dollar question

Also, as a 'production' version I assume that a better appreiciation of the cost of the vehicle is now known. In may experience, inevitably costs spiral up.

Still there are 4 months to the first meeting where all will be revealed and the great New Zealand public will vote with their dicressionary spending - particulary when they have a choice between two formats within a couple of weeks of each other
4 Months is a very short time in Motor Racing, so many un-answered questions with NZV8 Series to date, from last years speed show they seem to have produced only one complete car that by all accounts hasnt even been tested as yet, if so they arnt saying how bad or slow it is, or its still lacking in finish. No sign of a Toyota Camy, just a Engine which they had to purchase anyway.

In the mean time Super Tourers produced and sold 20 cars, created a series from nothing, had 3 great race meetings, getting plenty of interest from Public and Media and what every else is around the corner. And the no show of 2 V8SC drivers (Hardly going to stop the world spinning in any case) for the first enduro will only work in V8ST favour in the long run
Old 21 Jul 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3109562)   #1658
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
NZ V8's should merge with the SuperTourers and call themselves the V8 Supercar rip offs.
that name isn't very catchy though
Old 21 Jul 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3109565)   #1659
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
V8Super Clones ???
Old 21 Jul 2012, 22:17 (Ref:3109567)   #1660
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
and people have to chose one over the other? beleive it or not.. there are people out there that like both.. there are also people out there prefer non V8 cars.. some are fans of other forms of motorsport.. some don't like motorsport at all.

there are people out there that still want to race a NZV8.. and there are people out there that still want to watch NZV8 races. i'm one of them my issue is with the st fan base thinking everything should revolve around their series. that NZV8 should end.. just cause there are more st. that all classes should run as supports for st. if st want to do their own thing.. well that's their deal. i don't usually watch their races.. i don't buy tickets to their meetings.. the class doesn't really interest me. a pic is posted of a new NZV8.. a couple of post later.. this thread turns into a st wankfest again. hmmm boring
Old 21 Jul 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3109568)   #1661
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
V8Super Clones ???

what about NZV8Super Clones?

or NZV8SC for short
Old 21 Jul 2012, 22:33 (Ref:3109575)   #1662
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Go back to the future and call them NZ Allcomers Saloons
Old 21 Jul 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3109577)   #1663
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
we might be heading that way lol
Old 21 Jul 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3109578)   #1664
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and people have to chose one over the other? beleive it or not.. there are people out there that like both.. there are also people out there prefer non V8 cars.. some are fans of other forms of motorsport.. some don't like motorsport at all.

there are people out there that still want to race a NZV8.. and there are people out there that still want to watch NZV8 races. i'm one of them my issue is with the st fan base thinking everything should revolve around their series. that NZV8 should end.. just cause there are more st. that all classes should run as supports for st. if st want to do their own thing.. well that's their deal. i don't usually watch their races.. i don't buy tickets to their meetings.. the class doesn't really interest me. a pic is posted of a new NZV8.. a couple of post later.. this thread turns into a st wankfest again. hmmm boring
Sums up my position perfectly PM.

If NZV8 get some form of parity between the 3 engines and some cars on the grid, they will have my interest over the st's hands down.
Old 21 Jul 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3109585)   #1665
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Go back to the future and call them NZ Allcomers Saloons
OSCA, anyone??
Old 21 Jul 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3109588)   #1666
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post

If NZV8 get some form of parity between the 3 engines and some cars on the grid, they will have my interest over the st's hands down.
Parity between Four Cars, sounds like a great series
Old 22 Jul 2012, 00:56 (Ref:3109597)   #1667
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:

i'll be happy with 3 different models that look and sound different.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 02:38 (Ref:3109610)   #1668
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At this point in time, I think there'd be a few people who'd be happy to see 3 cars period.

I had a second hand report from the Speedshow suggest the presentation gap is widening. Surely, if ever there was a time when NZV8's should be putting their best foot forward....
Old 22 Jul 2012, 03:00 (Ref:3109616)   #1669
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
obviously Ross and Richards didn't target the speedshow to unveil their new rides. although it would've been good to see the VE, the FG and Camry side by side.. it's hardly the end of the world.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 04:40 (Ref:3109622)   #1670
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:

And boy there are a lot of if's and buts there. NZV8 couldn't get it right after how many years? and now three engines. They have always been slow to move on anything, history shows that. You only have to look at how far they have come in the last twelve months.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 05:16 (Ref:3109625)   #1671
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Wow. You must be breathless after all that writing in one go.

You're quite right. People/Fans don't HAVE to choose. What I was alluding to is that for many people, money to attend an event (whether it be a concert, a fugby game or some motorsport) is tight. The reality is that people will choose the one they feel offers better value simply becasue they can't afford to go to both.

You are also right in saying that there are people out there that currently don't watch motorsport.

That is the challenge of the promotions and marketting people - to create a buzz and pique peoples interest enough so as to show them why we love our sport.

I'm sure NZV8 must be delighted to know that you are utterly loyal to their brand. They just need more than 1999 other like minded souls per meeting to make it fly.

Its not simply about the number of cars on the grid. Hordes of Suzukis for instance make genarally lousey racing because there is a lack of racecraft.
Even a few years ago with massive NZV8 grids the racing was clumsy back in the feild. The usual suspects could be relied on to create mayhem.

Doesn't matter anyway. Time will tell.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 06:51 (Ref:3109632)   #1672
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
so what would bring the crowds back?

30 minute pit walks (30 minutes of back patting while the crowd gets bored) everytime the cars come out? honda cup cars? 1/2 a dozen NZV8s wearing different tryes?
Old 22 Jul 2012, 06:55 (Ref:3109633)   #1673
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Quote:
so what would bring the crowds back?

30 minute pit walks (30 minutes of back patting while the crowd gets bored) everytime the cars come out? honda cup cars? 1/2 a dozen NZV8s wearing different tryes?
Shhhhhhh. Don't tell everyone the secret.

Back to you. What ideas have you got to revitilise your preferred brand?

Lets put 'essential DNA' to one side for a minute and tell me what you think would grab peoples interest?
Old 22 Jul 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3109634)   #1674
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
How about 'I cant believe its not a V8 Supercar'
Old 22 Jul 2012, 07:13 (Ref:3109635)   #1675
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
simple.. people want value for money, they want to be entertained, they go to motorsport events to see cars race.. so give them what they want. obviously there's not going to be 20 new gen cars racing this year... but if the field is decent.. with good mix of new and old and non ford or holdens.. it shouldn't be a big issue. personally i think the supports are the key for mnz.. if people are entertained throughout the whole meeting.. they'll leave happy and will want to comeback.