Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jun 2008, 17:18 (Ref:2220643)   #1
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ferrari 2010 (without Kimi)

I know it is a long way off yet, especially in F1 terms but Kimi has not ruled out the possibility of his retiring after 2009. If so, who would be the 2 drivers at Ferrari to start the 2010 season? Some intriquing combos that come to mind, Massa, Vettel….or Alonso, Massa or Nico, Vettel . How about Vettel, Kubica? The list is endless, I know, but with all the youth in F1 these days, I'm sure Ferrari will covet one or two of them before too long.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 17:28 (Ref:2220648)   #2
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel, Massa i reckon
Old 5 Jun 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2220684)   #3
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was mentioned elsewhere that there is a rumour that Alonso has signed for Ferrari in 2010.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2220788)   #4
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't beleive Chubby-face Massa will survive and Alonso as it stands is expensive and volatile.

I reckon they will go for 'youth' and potential - maybe Cubitza as Kirk mentioned.

By that time the landscape may have changed hugely with the likes of Sutil really warranting a second seat in a top team! Let's face it he beat Kimi in a Force India at Monaco!

What if Uncle Ron was nearing retirement and Lewis did not feel the same level of commitment to McLaren. Let's face it, he's unlikely to drive for them all his life.

And, of course what about DC? 2010 could always be his year!
Old 5 Jun 2008, 21:16 (Ref:2220795)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
The only Ferrari Hamilton will ever drive is a road car.....

Massa will be WDC by 2010 so it won't matter to him if they've signed Alonso or not.It'll probably matter to Fernando though!!

I'd also go with the Kubica possibility as well.....
Old 5 Jun 2008, 22:29 (Ref:2220853)   #6
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Massa and Alonso arent really the best of friends especially after Nurburgring '07 so i doubt Ferrari would really want them both in their line-up.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 23:51 (Ref:2220901)   #7
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosberg
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 6 Jun 2008, 01:37 (Ref:2220934)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Piquet Jrn ?
Old 6 Jun 2008, 03:36 (Ref:2220967)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiseYourFist
Massa and Alonso arent really the best of friends especially after Nurburgring '07 so i doubt Ferrari would really want them both in their line-up.
That was a one off, i haven't seen any evidence otherwise.

As for Ferrari 2010. I'm convinced that Kimi will retire at the end of 2009. I can't see Ferrari wanting 2 "latino" drivers, so they will hire (have already?) Alonso, drop Massa and hire someone to play Fernando's number 2.......

Lewis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will each spit their dummy out, handbags at 10 paces, Ferrari will be found with a 17 million page dossier on the McLaren car, this will lead to one of two things......
  • 1. Ferrari will be disqualified, McLaren and Heikki will win the title and Ron can finally retire after the ultimate satisfying "payback"

2. Max and Bernie are still in charge, so McLaren will get disqualified for allowing their dossier to end up in the hands of Ferrari. Ron will vow to carry on until justice is done

Old 6 Jun 2008, 03:51 (Ref:2220971)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have no idea what i will be doing come 2010, but anyway i think it could be Massa and Kubica.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 04:55 (Ref:2220988)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Piquet Jrn ?
Well, could be, why not? But still think that Renault is a better home for him.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 04:57 (Ref:2220991)   #12
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Lewis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is a prophecy which I heard somewhere that says if Lewis Hamilton wins a World Championship with Ferrari, the jinx about Italians can't achieving champs with the Prancing Horse will be broken forever.
If I were Montezemolo, I would consider it.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 06:51 (Ref:2221027)   #13
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi better not retire anytime soon! I want him to stay for the long-term. If he were to leave, I would put Vettel in that empty spot. The idea of the next young German at Ferrari is very interesting.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 08:35 (Ref:2221088)   #14
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari will always go for the very best available - currently that's Alonso, and considering his age it probably still will be next year.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 14:51 (Ref:2221344)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In 2 years many thigs can change, I wouldn't be surprised if they get someone completely unknown by now.

And by the way, I don't think Kimi will retire.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 14:59 (Ref:2221346)   #16
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Piquet Jrn ?
Old 6 Jun 2008, 16:31 (Ref:2221398)   #17
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Laugh .... but I'd love to see Nick finish his career at Ferrari. Nick and Vettel?
Old 7 Jun 2008, 02:20 (Ref:2221683)   #18
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kubica > Ferrari (2010)
Alonso > BMW (2009)
Old 7 Jun 2008, 04:50 (Ref:2221705)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
So it's Kubica and Alonso at BMW for 2009, what about Heidfeld?
Old 7 Jun 2008, 11:51 (Ref:2221854)   #20
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 12:15 (Ref:2221864)   #21
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Kimi retires,I would put my money on Kubica/Vettel with Massa.I can't see ferrari hiring anyone else(Nando) to team up with the 2009 wdc Massa
Old 7 Jun 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2221940)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback
Kubica > Ferrari (2010)
Alonso > BMW (2009)
Sounds like bad maths...
Old 7 Jun 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2222092)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Too early to say, but if I had to make a prediction, it would be Alonso and Kubica. Massa might be strong enough to stay on as a #2, but 2 Latin drivers wouldn't be ideal in a global marketplace. Vettel has been good rather than great so far this year, and none of the 2008 rookies have truly shone. Maybe someone like Grosjean will have an excellent 2009 as a rookie and force themselves into contention?
Old 7 Jun 2008, 20:46 (Ref:2222133)   #24
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edoardo Mortara, the next rainmaster French Italian Again living in Switzerland of course...
Old 7 Jun 2008, 21:37 (Ref:2222162)   #25
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I think Kimi retiring at the end of next year would be excellent timing for Alonso to step in - from what I can gather, he's signed up to Renault for 2009, which would leave him free to go to Ferrari in 2010. I'm not entirely sure that he has the right temperament or attitude to suit Ferrari, but there's no doubting that he could do the job - put him in a good car and he'll win.

Other than Alonso, I could see Ferrari going after Kubica, although I think BMW would be mad if they didn't sign him up on a long term deal and hang onto him for dear life.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'