Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 3 May 2008, 14:36 (Ref:2193226)   #1
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kyosho dnano 1/43 Le Mans racers

Quote:

Kyosho's new dNaNo 1/43 mini racers

The dNaNo is an all new car from Kyosho that is unlike anything else in RC.

* 1/43-scale so it can easily fit in the palm of your hand.
* Operated by a 2.4GHz radio system so there are no crystals to fuss with.
* Each car has a built-in lap counter and each car has its own unique ID number. After a race, you will be able to review your results for the race and also bring up information on the entire life of your car.
* Powered by a LiPo battery pack, which Kyosho told me is very safe and will not burn.
* Optional light set will be available.
* Ports on the chassis allow you to plug in an optional traction control unit to make the car easier to control when cornering at speed.
* The car can be plugged into a computer so driving profiles can be customized.
* Each car comes completely assembled and includes a chassis for display purposes that has the true to scale wheels and tires mounted on it.
* A starter set will include the 2.4GHz transmitter, LiPo battery pack and charger. (These items are not included with the car)
* Transmitter only requires 4AAA batteries.
* 8 different bodies will be available, with new ones coming out each month there after.
* The bodies look absolutely amazing with exacting detail…to the point where I can see diecast fans buying the car just for display.

Here is the chassis. This car is so small that it uses the same type of screws that are used in wristwatches.

The underside of the chassis and the blue rectangle is the lap counter.

Here is the tiny LiPo battery pack that is easy to take in and out of the car and it is impossible to install it incorrectly.

Spotted on an RC car forum, might be of interest to scale model collectors, video here: http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/fun/movie/wmv/dNaNo_S.wmv

Dom't know about prices though.
Old 3 May 2008, 16:05 (Ref:2193264)   #2
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very cool
http://dnano.jp/choice/index.html
27000 yen (have to get the starter pack) = around £130!
Old 8 May 2008, 15:46 (Ref:2196976)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very nice indeed - how much would one of those Mazda's set me back then?
Old 9 May 2008, 09:21 (Ref:2197474)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Top.

I've got a Kyosho 1/24 RC Porsche 911 and that's great fun around the living room - I can only imagine these will be as good if not better. It's showing its age now though so I may have to replace it with a couple of these
Old 9 May 2008, 20:32 (Ref:2197837)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They look great, especially the Mazda and the Porsche. If they weren't £130 I'd be all over one!
Old 13 May 2008, 13:51 (Ref:2201143)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
If they weren't £130 I'd be all over one!
I hadn't read the price! That does dent the "living room GP" credentials doesn't it?
Old 12 Sep 2009, 03:34 (Ref:2538886)   #7
MrNanoTrax
Rookie

United States
Pattaya, Thailand
MrNanoTrax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i know this is an old thread but... is anyone still interested in these?
Old 14 Sep 2009, 22:41 (Ref:2540829)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd have one if they weren't bank-breakingly expensive.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 02:51 (Ref:2542550)   #9
MrNanoTrax
Rookie

United States
Pattaya, Thailand
MrNanoTrax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
I'd have one if they weren't bank-breakingly expensive.

have u raced 1/8th or 1/10th scale? dNaNo is a bargain in comparision considering overall cost. plus you can play with it on your kitchen table! :P
Old 17 Sep 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2542989)   #10
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be fair, it works out at roughly the same cost overall, just a whole lot less places to race one compared to the infrastructure already there for larger scales (existing clubs/tracks etc).