Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Jan 2014, 15:38 (Ref:3349702)   #2401
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure if this was announced yet, but the 3rd and 4th drivers for Muscle Milk are Brundle and Dyer.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:27 (Ref:3349745)   #2402
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/au...-for-rolex-24/
#32 GMG Racing: James Sofronas / Alex Welch / Frank Stippler / Marc Basseng
#35 Flying Lizard: Seth Neiman / Dion von Moltke / Alessandro Latif / Filipe Albuquerque
#45 Flying Lizard: Nelson Canache Jr / Spencer Pumpelly / Tim Pappas / Markus Winkelhock
#46 Fall-Line Motorsports: Charlie Putnam / Charles Espenlaub / James Walker / Oliver Jarvis
#48 Paul Miller Racing: Bryce Miller / Matt Bell / Rene Rast / Christopher Haase

That's mega strong for a Pro-Am class.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3349748)   #2403
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
although arguably weaker than last year, but with a lot of key Porsche drivers with the works teams that's unlikely to be a lineup that is matched for quality. Do the Pro-Am rules require a minimum of 2 'Am's?

#48 lineup is mega, early favourite right there
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3349755)   #2404
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Last year Audi fielded several all-pro lineups because GA didn't have any limits on pro vs am drivers in the GAGT class. This year GTD is a pro-am class, sort of like GTE-Am in the WEC and GTC in the ALMS.

We do have to remember part of the reason why Sevenson is racing in Conti Challenge only this season is that they had an all-pro driver line up, which is no longer allowed in GTD, the other part was a lack of factory support from GM, who gladly offer them as much in Conti Challenge.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3349775)   #2405
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.racer.com/patrick-dempsey...rticle/327474/
Not mentioned yet, so Patrick Dempsey is running with Andrew Davis and Joe Foster (as well as another TBA). The other car will be a partnership with Konrad Motorspor and will have Christian Engelhart, Rolf Ineichen, Lance Willsey, Klaus Bachler and team owner Franz Konrad.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3349842)   #2406
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
No more Nissan GT-R for Daytona.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 23:05 (Ref:3349845)   #2407
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And additional 458s for Level 5 and Scuderia Corsa.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 00:32 (Ref:3349861)   #2408
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
In the initial announcement it said the Nissan might not make Daytona, so no great surprise. Nice to see they still have reserves though. Including the newly raised cap though, I assume there are actually spaces available, no?
Old 3 Jan 2014, 00:41 (Ref:3349863)   #2409
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
although arguably weaker than last year, but with a lot of key Porsche drivers with the works teams that's unlikely to be a lineup that is matched for quality. Do the Pro-Am rules require a minimum of 2 'Am's?
I was wondering that myself, but with the lineup in 48 they'd have to be pretty liberal about "Ams" with Bell, Rast and Haase aboard. That one is very strong, the Lizard lineups in particular are a little disappointing.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 01:08 (Ref:3349865)   #2410
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
I think Bell and Miller could get away with being Silver, just about. Nice to see Tim Pappas back in the fold.

Davis is a good capture for Dempsey; with 6 factory drivers in the works team, the LMP boys seemingly off limits and Lally and Keen already signed up elsewhere, there's likely to be a bit of a scramble to bring in the best Porker Peddlers.

Aside from him, I imagine the likes of Henzler, Sellers, Mako, Holzer and Ragginger will be in demand as third/fourth drivers.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 01:19 (Ref:3349867)   #2411
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
In the initial announcement it said the Nissan might not make Daytona, so no great surprise. Nice to see they still have reserves though. Including the newly raised cap though, I assume there are actually spaces available, no?
No, if you add up the numbers on the entry list on IMSA.com, they have been planning this for some time it seems. The press release just made it official.
http://www.imsa.com/files/2014/Newsl..._EntryList.pdf
I assume the SMP Ferrari is Daytona only as Falken won't receive their RSR until after Daytona.

Last edited by Canada ALMS fan; 3 Jan 2014 at 01:29.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 01:24 (Ref:3349870)   #2412
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Falken already took delivery of their RSR, they probably want to test and develop tires first though
Old 3 Jan 2014, 01:27 (Ref:3349871)   #2413
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Falken already took delivery of their RSR, they probably want to test and develop tires first though
Thanks, thought it wasn't ready in time due to Porsche's late decision to supply any customers with 991 RSRs. They have no experience with their GT tire or the 911 on the banking so can't really blame them.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 02:05 (Ref:3349879)   #2414
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
http://sportscar365.com/wec/oak-targ...gier-p2-coupe/
Old 3 Jan 2014, 07:41 (Ref:3349921)   #2415
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I am completely unsuprised to discover that OAK Racing may not contest the full season in the Tudor USCC in 2014, despite the official entry list posted by IMSA having indicated otherwise.

Andy Flinn
Old 3 Jan 2014, 08:00 (Ref:3349924)   #2416
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post
I am completely unsuprised to discover that OAK Racing may not contest the full season in the Tudor USCC in 2014, despite the official entry list posted by IMSA having indicated otherwise.

Andy Flinn
Yea I know, it's like rebellion all over again. I hope they do end up full season, but it just seems like they did it to get sponsors or drivers to bite but no one did.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3349928)   #2417
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Andy Flinn

Having Rusinov and Yacaman in their line-up also doesn't make them exactly favorites for the race win at Daytona...
Old 3 Jan 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3349953)   #2418
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your really not going to be able to hang about in GTD at the 24 are you with some of the lineups in there?

#32 Sonofras/Welch/Stippler/Basseng
#48 Miller/Bell/Rast/Hasse
#94 Dalla Lana/Cameron/Farfus/Paltalla
#63 Balzan/Westphal/Case/Vilander
#33 Keating/J.Bleekemolen/S.Bleekemolen/Collard

What is the deal with the pro-am balance is it just one am or half the team has to be am?

I feel a bit sorry for the Porsche GTD guys with a lack of factory drivers available. 6 in the CORE works team, Holzer with AJR. That only leaves new signing Makoweicki, possibly Henzler who wont be racing for Falken at the 24 and the LMP1 guys who may well be off limits.

Last edited by morningview66; 3 Jan 2014 at 11:45.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3349995)   #2419
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Andy Flinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Yea I know, it's like rebellion all over again. I hope they do end up full season, but it just seems like they did it to get sponsors or drivers to bite but no one did.
They paid the full season entry, that is why they are on the full season list.
Looking at the bright side, they are at Daytona with two drivers who can bring budget so there is potential.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3350056)   #2420
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
What is the deal with the pro-am balance is it just one am or half the team has to be am?
It's supposed to be a maximum of 2 "Pros" in the car, however.. unlike what Elkins said earlier in the year, they apparently haven't gone through and revisited who's a "Pro" and who isn't. Apparently the only ones who're Professionals are present or past (in the last 5 years) works drivers. Everyone else is a businessman, surgeon, investment banker, or son of wealthly parents footing the bill.. didn't you know?

And btw, Porsche told me last year there wasn't going to be any factory drivers in the GTD class and they were hoping the other manufactures would follow suit and keep the factory drivers in the GTLM class. Of course, some don't have GTLM cars (Audi) so I don't know how that was ever going to work.. but whatever. It's racing.

-mike
Old 3 Jan 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3350072)   #2421
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I feel a bit sorry for the Porsche GTD guys with a lack of factory drivers available. 6 in the CORE works team, Holzer with AJR. That only leaves new signing Makoweicki, possibly Henzler who wont be racing for Falken at the 24 and the LMP1 guys who may well be off limits.
Maybe Porsche wants GTD teams to hire front runners in Supercup and various Carrera Cups? I remember the 2012 PCCA champ Alex Imperatori being brought in by Flying Lizard for their #44 GTC car at Sebring last year.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3350155)   #2422
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
They paid the full season entry, that is why they are on the full season list.
Looking at the bright side, they are at Daytona with two drivers who can bring budget so there is potential.
Yea i hope so, maybe it was the only way to get on the naec entry list for them.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3350204)   #2423
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Looks like Porsche heard me, Makoweicki in at NGT, Henzler at Magnus. Some LMP1 guys Lieb at Dempsey and Bernhard at Park Place. No Romain Dumas.

And i would expect Jani, Webber and Hartley to be discounted, as good as they are, they have little to no GT experience AFAIK.
Old 4 Jan 2014, 00:16 (Ref:3350210)   #2424
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They've also sprinkled lots of young Porsche-affiliated drivers among the entries too. Plenty of SuperCup talent in there so the teams can't say Porsche haven't helped them out.
Old 4 Jan 2014, 01:05 (Ref:3350217)   #2425
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
They've also sprinkled lots of young Porsche-affiliated drivers among the entries too. Plenty of SuperCup talent in there so the teams can't say Porsche haven't helped them out.
Porsche is in a bit of a tough spot here with so many customers it is hard to place a driver with each. But if they only place drivers with a few what does that say to the rest of the teams? I guess luckily Porsche has a large stable of drivers.