Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Mar 2024, 18:38 (Ref:4203451)   #51
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
https://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/1C934FC03532F5F4C1257A40002D04E9/$FILE/1966%20Annexe%20J%20de%20la%20FIA%20(version%20compl%C3%A8te_fran%C3%A7ais).pdf
https://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/C1DF875646CF7838C1257A40002EE4BB/$FILE/Appendix%20J%20-%201965%20ENG.pdf
I see nothing relevant about the braking system. I recommend you contact directly the FIA and a reknowned prep in your country having knowledge about US classics.
Old 31 Mar 2024, 18:40 (Ref:4203452)   #52
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck.U.Farley View Post
But I daren't start until I have confirmation.
You're right to.
Old 1 Apr 2024, 18:26 (Ref:4203539)   #53
Chuck.U.Farley
Rookie

Chuck.U.Farley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
You're right to.
As the say - Trust, yet verify
Old 4 Apr 2024, 10:49 (Ref:4203819)   #54
Chuck.U.Farley
Rookie

It didn't matter if you ordered the Station Wagon or Convertible - you could option the 327 in it for the 65 model year (so from July 64 as model years went from midyear the previous year like financial years so they could sell you a car as a 1965 model, even though the calendar year was still 1964 lol) I am building the 2 door post Car as obviously its alot stiffer than the hardtop with no B pillar.

I guess it doesn't matter if I have to run drum brakes, it doesn't SAY that I can't put the big finned Ford 3" Police Drum brakes on there doesn't it?

The main niggling question to me though is : cylinder heads. Does it have to have the cylinder heads the engine left the factory with? or am I able to run aftermarket aluminium heads? that really makes a big difference is power potential..
Old 4 Apr 2024, 11:41 (Ref:4203826)   #55
Chuck.U.Farley
Rookie

Oh yeah, I am in australia, so its pre 65 here. But my ultimate goal is to race at a prominent historic festival like Goodwood in the UK
Old 4 Apr 2024, 12:52 (Ref:4203841)   #56
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Oh yeah, I am in australia, so its pre 65 here. But my ultimate goal is to race at a prominent historic festival like Goodwood in the UK

Goodwood is somewhat confusing. Firstly, I believe that most cars/drivers are invited rather than applying for an entry. And secondly, Goodwood does not stick strictly to FIA regulations; there are or have been many Goodwood "specials" at various times.

If you want to keep the car strictly to FIA regs, you couldn't go wrong by sending a PM to Duddha who is a member here, and who I believe is part of the FIA Historics' team.
Old 4 Apr 2024, 13:13 (Ref:4203846)   #57
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I guess it doesn't matter if I have to run drum brakes, it doesn't SAY that I can't put the big finned Ford 3" Police Drum brakes on there doesn't it?
Also it doesn't say that you can ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Apr 2024, 17:11 (Ref:4203868)   #58
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The dimensions of the drum brakes are shown on the homologation form and certainly no mention of Ford 3 inch (width?) drums.

As Gordon infers - if a component is not included on the homologation form or included in the general App K/App J paperwork then assume that it can't be used.

Goodwood, of course, is a law unto itself.
Old 5 Apr 2024, 08:47 (Ref:4203925)   #59
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Last three posts seem more than relevant to my eyes. As to get an invite to race at Goodwood its another story as stated by Mike Harte and morninggents.