Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Cool Sites

Old 9 Feb 2002, 10:16 (Ref:212917)   #1
f2001
Racer

f2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What would you like to see in a Sportscar site ?

Hi,

as you may have heard I will start a sportscar and gt site, and I need to know what else you loyal fans like me want ?

Is there anything that we can do to make a sportscar fans site better than it already can be ?

Regards,
f2001
Old 9 Feb 2002, 23:51 (Ref:213420)   #2
Aussie 05
Rookie

Aussie 05 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't know mate, as long as im there its hould be just fine. LOL

So check out my homepage for more info on how to enter this free monthly competition.
Old 10 Feb 2002, 06:00 (Ref:213531)   #3
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
everyone seems to have the same news and the same images. one site i used to go to, crash.net, was my fav news site. they had the same news as everyone else had, but, what they did have that no one else had was their pictures. i rarely found their images on the net else where. maybe similar, but, not as good. then when they started chraging to get to what made their site interesting to me, well. i stoped going.

so, if you can get orginal, quality images. that to me would go a long ways when everybody has the same news.
Old 10 Feb 2002, 12:40 (Ref:213666)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think that's exactly right, Es. The news is much the same wherever you go, whether it's Maison Blanche, Autosport or elsewhere. You need to find some new angle, I think?
Old 10 Feb 2002, 22:27 (Ref:213804)   #5
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photos. lots of photos. Get with franco and make some sort of arrangement for photos in exchance for some advertisement or something. That guy is keeping the archive alive and inexpensive. We really need to support him if we want easy, affordable access to photos. I think you guys can really help each other. Franco has certainly treated me well.

Obviously, I would love to see a modelling section with an insider providing up to date info. Perhaps a dealer could write for the section. I'm sure we would get shameless plugs for his company, but we have to buy the stuff somewhere anyway. I am willing to do come construction articles and maybe a diecast review or two.
Old 11 Feb 2002, 21:35 (Ref:214258)   #6
f2001
Racer

good good keep these coming, its good, need the help, will contact franco btw
Old 11 Feb 2002, 22:56 (Ref:214294)   #7
Aussie 05
Rookie

Hey man what about competitions with some proper prize giveaways such as signed photos of some driver or whatever. Signed photos and cheap merchandise give aways would be not a bad idea.

So check out my homepage for more info on how to enter this free monthly competition.
Old 11 Feb 2002, 22:57 (Ref:214295)   #8
Aussie 05
Rookie

Official race driver and team press releases aren't bad.

Old 11 Feb 2002, 23:02 (Ref:214301)   #9
Aussie 05
Rookie

Also what about a place where race drivers in search of a race budget can submit their name, race history, conatact details, what they are planning to race, how much they will realistically need and what they can offer a sponsor etc... This will get a lot of race drivers on your site and spreading the word as a lot of drivers are struggling to raise a budget this year, so they would all be eager to get on your site for this.

I don't know, its an idea. But make it that they have to register on your site before they can submit their details on this section so that way you would have a lot of members on your site database. And you could then send the send them mail merged letters about competitions, latest news etc...

Old 11 Feb 2002, 23:13 (Ref:214305)   #10
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Drivers are welcome to call into the forum when its working!
Old 13 Feb 2002, 21:14 (Ref:215451)   #11
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Links
Old 13 Feb 2002, 23:50 (Ref:215572)   #12
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
loads of car information and performance stats would be interesting. Maybe like a review or descripton of each car.

sound and video clip are nice too, except they take ages to upload and download.
Old 14 Feb 2002, 19:42 (Ref:216005)   #13
f2001
Racer

you guys will like cars of the past and so on...

we got some server probs, but i think the site will be done in time for LM24 2002 !
Old 14 Feb 2002, 22:09 (Ref:216125)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by woodyracing

sound and video clip are nice too, except they take ages to upload and download.
Mpegs are good, there's relatively few around for download. Henrik's got some on his site. Even the "home movie" variety are fun to watch - you really get the atmosphere, particularly if you can get a bit of French commentary in them!!
Old 15 Feb 2002, 19:37 (Ref:216657)   #15
f2001
Racer

i'll do my best to find classic le mans races and moments like the merc in 99...
Old 15 Feb 2002, 20:21 (Ref:216699)   #16
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when will it go live? and what domain name are you using?
Old 16 Feb 2002, 12:35 (Ref:217085)   #17
f2001
Racer

its due for Le Mans 2002...and domain is world-sportscars.co.uk