Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Aug 2000, 11:49 (Ref:28684)   #1
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

There are rumours that aconsortium involving Mike Earle (Onyx) are looking at buying out the Prost team, and entering under the name of Team Lotus. The team would likely be moved to a base in the UK. got the story from Daily F1.
Obviously it remains to be seen how much it is just rumour, and I know it can never be Lotus as it was, but Team Lotus back in F1.
Old 6 Aug 2000, 12:17 (Ref:28699)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
It wouldn't have the same appeal, though. It wouldn't be the real Lotus - it would be the Lotus name on another team.
Old 6 Aug 2000, 12:24 (Ref:28703)   #3
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I know. I've been trying to get my head round it, and it wouldn't be Lotus as I remember it.
Aaah well.
Old 6 Aug 2000, 14:23 (Ref:28711)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How can that be ? Aren't the owners of the brand ruling the bussiness ?
Old 7 Aug 2000, 03:15 (Ref:28868)   #5
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well.....but I guess that it would bring back some of the nostalgia.....even if it's just the name.
Old 7 Aug 2000, 10:02 (Ref:28907)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I understand it, Lotus Cars is owned by Proton. Team Lotus is owned by David Hunt.

therfore the F1 team can be reconstituted without the influence of Proton.
Old 7 Aug 2000, 10:23 (Ref:28910)   #7
Gerryl
Rookie

Gerryl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Bang on Peter. The Lotus racing name is owned by Mr Hunt alright. The question is what engine a "New" Lotus team would use. Proton entering F1 certainly wouldnt send any shivers around the paddock. there is'nt a lot of other options open. I'm not sure I'd like to see Lotus back like this. I was a Lotus fan since the mid sixtes and I'd rather have memories of those times than a re-entered Lotus team to boost David Hunts ego.It seems Alain Prost is desperate to offload his team. No let Lotus Rest in Peace please

Ger
Old 7 Aug 2000, 13:18 (Ref:28929)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. Similar thoughts about "Jaguar" which is simply Ford with a not-very-fancy dress.

Jaguar in Ford clothes is like Sylvester Stallone in a Champ Car.

Let's not do this to Lotus.
Old 7 Aug 2000, 14:35 (Ref:28954)   #9
F1FansClub
Racer

F1FansClub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The consortium which is rumour to be buying Prost is actually led by David Hunt (brother of James). This means he would be using the Team Lotus name.#

Ally