Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Nov 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1467591)   #1
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Fisichella without licence

Police have took Fisichella's driving licence as he was cought overspeeding at 148km/hr in a 60km/hr zone in Rome. This happened after only 6 days from an appeal by Giancarlo Fisichella in a safety driving campaign.

Fisichella admitted, and was sorry for what happened and said that he will still support safe driving campaign.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1467602)   #2
wanarace
Rookie

wanarace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this affect his superlicense?
Old 22 Nov 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1467611)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No it doesn't.

There were extenuating circumstances which explain why Fisi was going so quickly, but as a driver's personal life and his child's health are a private matter I won't rush to judge whether he was right or wrong to speed.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1467615)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think so, but... it should !
Old 22 Nov 2005, 17:08 (Ref:1467618)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
There were extenuating circumstances which explain why Fisi was going so quickly, but as a driver's personal life and his child's health are a private matter I won't rush to judge whether he was right or wrong to speed.
That's sad, because in some places the police would surely scort him in order to help him to get there faster.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1467668)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Well,at least he is quick off the track.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1467721)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IIRC Damon raced while serving a driving ban some years ago, and I think Ralf may have done as well, so it's fair enough that Fisichella does. If there are other circumstances behind it, that should be factored in, but a 148km/h crash would be unlikely to improve his son's health.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1467728)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
His son wasn't in the car - he was rushing to get back to him, having been alerted to a medical problem
Old 22 Nov 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1467754)   #9
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes it seems that his son was at home with the nanny.

There have been times where Montoya too was given a similar punishment. In my opinion it would not be fair on his team and his team manager if his superlicence would be effected.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1467755)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a suspended license for speeding seems harsh (by canadian standards) unless he has a history of traffic violations. in which case his son definatly has nothing to do with it.
i wonder if his f1 career had anything to do with the severity/ or lack of it in terms of the punishment. thats the real story here for me.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1467764)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The scale of exceeding the speed limit is surely a factor here - we're not talking 40mph in a 30mph zone. And Istand corrected KB, thanks for the clarification.