Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Apr 2024, 09:34 (Ref:4206747)   #601
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
So drive shaft but got car back to pits and I’ve changed it . 30 min lost . Gilbert going well .?
Old 28 Apr 2024, 09:38 (Ref:4206749)   #602
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bad timing for the #56, one lap lost due to driver change just before SC procedure and now stopped on track after refuelling (was 2nd/3rd in class).
Old 28 Apr 2024, 09:59 (Ref:4206752)   #603
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes the Gilbern going very well, consistent and now faster and faster.
Old 28 Apr 2024, 10:10 (Ref:4206753)   #604
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Back on track but 12 laps have been lost. How are your friends, Martin?
They (car 87) stopped after 11 laps ...... don't know why, but seems they may be going again, but miles behind by now. Hopefully better race for them later on today in the Alfa during the '81 race.

Oh, & car 13 seems to have had a nightmare of a race .... 5 pit stops incl some drive thru's, but now running quickly with the hot shoe behind the wheel .... currently in 21st place.
Just done pitstop number 6 as I am typing !!!
Old 28 Apr 2024, 10:41 (Ref:4206765)   #605
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The Alfa is the yellow GTAM? Yes, great day for the # 13! The one you like to forget about…
Old 28 Apr 2024, 10:53 (Ref:4206777)   #606
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Lotus day!
Old 28 Apr 2024, 12:19 (Ref:4206799)   #607
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Lotus day!
So something to cheer about!
Old 28 Apr 2024, 14:45 (Ref:4206842)   #608
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Last report on Spa 3 hour . Sorted out half shaft and only lost 32 min . Put Brian back in car as my hands were covered in oil . My nice new red race suit but second hand now . No hope of making up all the time lost so had some fun . Brian ran up to the second hour and
We swoped. Car going well and I had fun . We were quickest MGB . Very happy Dave and John did so well in Gilbert . Happy days all round . Zooming back home now as have to get the two juniors finished for Hockenheim next week . ?
Old 29 Apr 2024, 12:37 (Ref:4206972)   #609
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
It might still feel like mid-winter here but the swifts have jetted in this morning amidst a cacophony of twittering.

If they've got any sense they'll turn round & go straight back to Africa, not the least because as it is so cold there are no flies buzzing around for them to eat!
Been keeping my eyes in the air since they got to you , and this morning saw the first Swallow flying about .
So perhaps summer is coming along .
Old 29 Apr 2024, 12:42 (Ref:4206973)   #610
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I noticed that the rooks are nesting in the tree tops which is a portent of a good summer.
Old 29 Apr 2024, 14:06 (Ref:4206979)   #611
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Been keeping my eyes in the air since they got to you , and this morning saw the first Swallow flying about .
So perhaps summer is coming along .
Ah, but one swallow does not make a summer!

It probably came from here as mine all seem to have disappeared as quickly as they arrived. They normally nest in a barn at the farm next door but there has been some building work there which may have disturbed them
Old 29 Apr 2024, 15:59 (Ref:4206993)   #612
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Ah, but one swallow does not make a summer!

It probably came from here as mine all seem to have disappeared as quickly as they arrived. They normally nest in a barn at the farm next door but there has been some building work there which may have disturbed them
When I said about the Swallow I did expect to hear " 1 swallow does not make a summer " , so I had to look it up .
Apparently it was attributed to ARISTOTLE , circa 300 odd BC .So it is not just us who get very varied weather , and has been going on for a long time .
Old 29 Apr 2024, 16:48 (Ref:4206995)   #613
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I noticed that the rooks are nesting in the tree tops which is a portent of a good summer.
Ah interesting. Round here and southwards they are further down the trees meaning just the opposite. I was going to mention it and predict a poor summer but you beat me to it.

However, Bromham is drying up and revealing the potholed roadway underneath. The swans are leaving the fields and making their way back to The Crammer pond in Devizes - supposedly the home of the Moonraker legend.

I was at a kart track in Devon over the weekend, and it was so cold that I was wearing both my work clothes and evening togs so we're not out of winter yet but hopefully we're on the way.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Apr 2024, 17:03 (Ref:4206997)   #614
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And we had sleet up here yesterday morning, and it never got above 2-3 degrees C all day. Its a balmy 10 degrees today, though!
Old 29 Apr 2024, 18:38 (Ref:4207007)   #615
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
And we had sleet up here yesterday morning, and it never got above 2-3 degrees C all day. Its a balmy 10 degrees today, though!
It's been 18 degrees here today - the best day since last summer & so the swifts have back to life, performing their Battle of Britain re-enactments over my garden.
Old 29 Apr 2024, 22:52 (Ref:4207038)   #616
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Er! Is this a motor sport form, or have I wandered into Nature Watch web site by accident?

Oh! I saw two pigeons yesterday.
Old 30 Apr 2024, 10:30 (Ref:4207074)   #617
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I did wonder how the thread changed so quick from Spa 3 Hour,. Anyway just for my good mate Bob here is the latest news from Team Delta Bird Watch. My box was built by Gilberts 4th partner David " Mary's Husband". See below picture. Last year we had Blue Tits, Ten eggs in all and nine successful little birds flew off in to the Chiltern countryside. This year David tells me they are great Tits and we have 9 eggs. Again see picture. So I hope we have combined Motor racing and Birds. Heading off to Hockenheim tomorrow. I will keep you all up to speed on progress.,

Click image for larger version

Name:	Delta Bird Box.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	79877
Click image for larger version

Name:	Delta Great Tit Eggs..jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	79878
Old 30 Apr 2024, 11:33 (Ref:4207079)   #618
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Worth remembering that on April 8th 1973 the International Trophy race was held in a blizzard. Likewise the International Trophy meeting in 1983 was also affected by snow! There, motorsport and meteorolgy all in one post.
Old 30 Apr 2024, 12:04 (Ref:4207084)   #619
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Worth remembering that on April 8th 1973 the International Trophy race was held in a blizzard. Likewise the International Trophy meeting in 1983 was also affected by snow! There, motorsport and meteorolgy all in one post.
And Delta also managed to get Great Tits into the conversations as well . What more could anyone , [ except Bauble ] , want .
Old 30 Apr 2024, 12:20 (Ref:4207088)   #620
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sun's out here in Lincolnshire today. Thermometer says 21.5 degrees but that's probably track temperature. It's crazy to think that only Saturday the van was warning me of potentially slippery roads.

No tits here so far and I can't see the rookery either.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 30 Apr 2024, 13:44 (Ref:4207097)   #621
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Tits like coconuts!

But sparrows prefer peanuts.
Old 30 Apr 2024, 14:37 (Ref:4207100)   #622
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
And Delta also managed to get Great Tits into the conversations as well . What more could anyone , [ except Bauble ] , want .
Well I do like to keep a breast of things.

I have not seen any Tits, nor had a Shag, in the garden for years, my big Cock withered away, some time ago, so I have had to Swallow my pride in my bird collection, and turn my Eagle eye to motor sport instead.

I hope no one mis judges my post, it is completely free of innuendo.
Old 30 Apr 2024, 14:58 (Ref:4207105)   #623
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Well I do like to keep a breast of things.

I have not seen any Tits, nor had a Shag, in the garden for years, my big Cock withered away, some time ago, so I have had to Swallow my pride in my bird collection, and turn my Eagle eye to motor sport instead.

I hope no one mis judges my post, it is completely free of innuendo.
I'm sure that if there was any sign of innuendo the moderators would whip it out immediately!
(Copyright Kenneth Horne somewhere around 1960)
Old 30 Apr 2024, 15:02 (Ref:4207106)   #624
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
And Delta also managed to get Great Tits into the conversations as well .....
Which somehow reminded me of a very old schoolboy gag at which I chuckled at in my youth, regarding a young lady at the Doctors for an examination.
"Big Breaths" said the Doctor, stethoscope in hand.... to which said young lady responded, "Yeth and im only thixtheen".

I'll get my coat.

Talking of youth I noticed it is Will's (356sc) Birthday today, Tuesday, so Will.

Last edited by E.B; 30 Apr 2024 at 15:08.
Old 30 Apr 2024, 15:13 (Ref:4207107)   #625
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Which somehow reminded me of a very old schoolboy gag at which I chuckled at in my youth, regarding a young lady at the Doctors for an examination.
"Big Breaths" said the Doctor, stethoscope in hand.... to which said young lady responded, "Yeth and im only thixtheen".

I'll get my coat.

Talking of youth I noticed it is Will's (356sc) Birthday today, Tuesday, so Will.

" Big Breaths" was from a 1957 film , " Doctor At Large " . A forerunner to the " Carry On " series .
Classic old humour , sadly in very short supply nowadays .