Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 5 Feb 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3364506)   #176
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by polle View Post
Nice to see Dubourg moving up to SC.
Old 7 Feb 2014, 07:07 (Ref:3365159)   #177
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a Tweet from Rallycross360 saying that TT is NOT driving for Hansen Motors this year, any truth in this? Can't find anything about it anywhere else.
Old 7 Feb 2014, 07:15 (Ref:3365161)   #178
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdick1977 View Post
There's a Tweet from Rallycross360 saying that TT is NOT driving for Hansen Motors this year, any truth in this? Can't find anything about it anywhere else.
My Guess - He will be in a DS3 run by Hansen, just not part of the Hansen Peugeot team
Old 7 Feb 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3365171)   #179
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
My Guess - He will be in a DS3 run by Hansen, just not part of the Hansen Peugeot team
A RED BULL team :-) would be my guess too with two EX-Hansen-DS3's. And Jeanney, a French driver to the Peugeot-team
Old 7 Feb 2014, 23:29 (Ref:3365512)   #180
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interview with Tanner Foust:

http://www.bybillwood.com/tanner-fou...tti-autosport/

Discusses the move from Ford, the build of the new cars and, most relevant to this thread, making select World Rallycross appearances.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3366127)   #181
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyloverke View Post
A RED BULL team :-) would be my guess too with two EX-Hansen-DS3's. And Jeanney, a French driver to the Peugeot-team
But isn't Timmy Hansen getting also Red Bull backing this season?
If I remember well I read that somewhere.

In that case it makes more sense to keep Timerzyanov (the current champion!) in the official team and move Hansen to the second team.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3366481)   #182
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RallycrossRX article on the future of 2WD...

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...o-draw-best-of
Old 10 Feb 2014, 16:21 (Ref:3366483)   #183
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
RallycrossRX article on the future of 2WD...

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...o-draw-best-of
Not sure that's a good move - the Super 1600's usually provide the best racing, the problem they had last year is that seemed to be viewed as second class citizens by IMG so the numbers fell. IMGs solution to falling numbers is to change the class structure. Not sure that's a good idea really but there you go. Why not just stick with the Super 1600's but give them more coverage and promote it more (rather than the previous 'ignore them' approach).
Old 10 Feb 2014, 16:27 (Ref:3366484)   #184
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ramona Karlsson is said to have some interest in the old Clio used by Lysen in 2012 but this was a while ago

Also heard a rumor that says Matthias Ekström is building a car and that TT might join him in too ..
Old 10 Feb 2014, 17:02 (Ref:3366504)   #185
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think this is a bad idea at all.

Super1600 is not at all relevant anymore, and is very expensive, the cars are very dear to maintain due to running such high revs and we are at the moment doing OK, only because the S1600 class no longer means much in international rallying where it was been dropped, hence a good availablity of cars.

The sad part would be those that have developed their own cars.

As for rwd, it has been woeful since the start, were it not for the Fiesta'sthat have maybe ruiined the class by being so well developed we might have done differently, but the same basic car has won just about every year, with mad money spent on tuning and performance each time.

A class that could include basic 911's, 350Z, and maybe some other more itneresting cars is more interesting, more spectacular and perhaps able to incorporate more cars.

At the very least the current rwd class needs dropping straightaway as it has and always was badly devised, no-one really makes rwd cars anymore, and why on earth the stupid cretins who came up with it did it the way they did is bonkers, bigger engines, less tuning, more power is the way forward, not screaming 2 litre units at BTCC levels of tune (for about 3 people, the rest on less) and cars that are too small, too sorted and boring to watch and really no different to S1600 unless its wet.

You only need one support class (numbers clearly support this as both classes are short on numbers ERC wise)and maybe a junior class too (Not snowmobile garbage like now), and a well conceived rwd or fwd class is the way forward, less tuning to encourage larger engines, some sort of weight parity limit for front and rwd and maybe tyre restrictions too.

Both classes as they are right now are too expensive, too out of date and really rather dull to watch, great to drive in no doubt. But dull to watch.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 10:47 (Ref:3367288)   #186
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
ERC24 just posted on Facebook that Jacques Villeneuve is expected to announce tomorrow that he will be racing in the 2014 FIA World Rallycross Championship.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3367290)   #187
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
ERC24 just posted on Facebook that Jacques Villeneuve is expected to announce tomorrow that he will be racing in the 2014 FIA World Rallycross Championship.
Yep just saw that huge news!!
Old 12 Feb 2014, 13:06 (Ref:3367340)   #188
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
ERC24 now tying Villeneuve to Albatec Racing:

http://erc24.com/archives/16721

I see a couple of pictures have been posted from the LD Motorsport workshop.

Only seems to be two DS3's being prepared, so perhaps they have dropped the original idea of running three cars?

Petter Solberg - Citroen DS3 (PSRX) (WorldRX)
Alexander Hvall - Citroen DS3 (PSRX) (WorldRX)
Andreas Bakkerud - Ford Fiesta (Olsberg MSE) (WorldRX)
Reinis Nitišs - Ford Fiesta (Olsberg MSE) (WorldRX)
Liam Doran - Citroen DS3 (LD Motorsport) (WorldRX)
Timur Timerzyanov - Peugeot 208? (Hansen Motorsport) (WorldRX)
Timmy Hansen - Peugeot 208? (Hansen Motorsport) (WorldRX)
Toomas Heikkinen - Volkswagen Polo (Marklund Motorsport) (WorldRX)
Anton Marklund - Volkswagen Polo (Marklund Motorsport) (WorldRX)
Rene Munnich - Audi A3 (Munnich Motorsport) (WorldRX)
Jacques Villeneuve - Peugeot 208 (Albatec Racing) (WorldRX)
Ramona Karlsson - ? (WorldRX)
Derek Tohill - ? (WorldRX)
Frode Holte - Hyundai i20 (Frode Holte Motorsport) (?)
Tommy Rustad - Volvo C30 (Nyborg Motorsport) (Select WorldRX/EuroRX?)
Robin Larsson - Audi A1 (Larsson Jernberg Racing) (Select WorldRX)
Johan Kristoffersson - Volkswagen Polo (Kristoffersson Motorsport) (Select WorldRX)
Ole Christian Veiby - Volkswagen Polo (Kristoffersson Motorsport) (Select WorldRX)
Andrew Jordan - Ford Fiesta (Olsberg MSE) (Select WorldRX)
Tanner Foust - Volkswagen Polo (?) (Select WorldRX)
Patrik Sandell - Ford Fiesta (Olsberg MSE) (Select WorldRX?)
Pedro Matos - Citroen DS3 (EuroRX/Select WorldRX)
Fredrik Tiger - Ford Focus (Select WorldRX/EuroRX?)
Henning Solberg - ? (Select WorldRX?)
Mats Öhman - ?
Michaël De Keersmaecker - ?
Guttorm Lindefjell - ?
Mattias Ekström - ?
? - Saab 93 (Eklund Motorsport) (WorldRX)
? - Saab 93 (Eklund Motorsport) (WorldRX)
? - Citroen DS3 (LD Motorsport) (WorldRX)
? - Skoda Fabia (Hedstrom Motorsport)
? - Skoda Fabia (Hedstrom Motorsport)
? - Peugeot 208 (Albatec Racing)

Last edited by tbtstt; 12 Feb 2014 at 13:13.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3367341)   #189
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
C4 in red and white like the old Hydrex sponsorship days.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 13:16 (Ref:3367345)   #190
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If confirmed I am really pleased for Andy. He is one of the seriously good guys and he deserves to get something back for all that he has put into the sport in time and money.

This year is shaping up to be a really strong and competitive series. If television is there then rallycross could finally breakthrough into the mainstream.....

Mark
Old 12 Feb 2014, 13:46 (Ref:3367362)   #191
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
All I would like to see now is a deal for David Binks, one of the nicest guys on the grid
Old 12 Feb 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3367367)   #192
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I cant imagine Jordan would put anything above his BTCC defence, he is the champion after all!

Anythign else he does will only be if BTCC commitments will allow, and quite right too
Old 12 Feb 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3367413)   #193
HaydenFan
Racer

HaydenFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I cant imagine Jordan would put anything above his BTCC defence, he is the champion after all!

Anythign else he does will only be if BTCC commitments will allow, and quite right too
He only has Lydden Hill on the books. And I don't think anything else is planned.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3367429)   #194
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenFan View Post
He only has Lydden Hill on the books. And I don't think anything else is planned.
Lydden is the only event he's confirmed for but he's also apparently a test driver for Erikksons mob - although how much actual testing he'll be doing is anyones guess.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3367457)   #195
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
Hickey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Lydden is the only event he's confirmed for but he's also apparently a test driver for Erikksons mob - although how much actual testing he'll be doing is anyones guess.
I'm sure I read in an article that Jordan was the tarmac driving coach for the Erikkson team, with Gronholm being the gravel driving coach. That's some team Andreas is putting together there.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3367472)   #196
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey1 View Post
I'm sure I read in an article that Jordan was the tarmac driving coach for the Erikkson team, with Gronholm being the gravel driving coach. That's some team Andreas is putting together there.
Yep, right, two coaches were mentioned for the OMSE "regulars".
AFAIK Andréas Eriksson has even more SuperCars available...
Old 13 Feb 2014, 12:26 (Ref:3367781)   #197
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Jacques Villeneuve is official, confirmed by Albatec...

http://emailmarketing.createsend.co....40EF23F30FEDED

...and on the RallycrossRX website:

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...ref_map=%5B%5D
Old 13 Feb 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3367793)   #198
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
On the one hand it's great for rallycross to bring in such a big name, on the other hand it's Jacques Villeneuve.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3367832)   #199
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
On the one hand it's great for rallycross to bring in such a big name, on the other hand it's Jacques Villeneuve.

I must confess that he isn't a driver who particularly excites me, but no doubt he is another big name coming to rallycross.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3367976)   #200
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My thoughts entirely.