Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Apr 2001, 23:02 (Ref:77091)   #1
WilliamsBMWF1
Rookie

WilliamsBMWF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After an electric weekend in Brazil what can our Williams boys do in Imola?I also have doubts as to whether Monty would have won in Brazil do u think th eengine would have stayed reailable had Jos not made any doubt?I think Williams have turned the corner ad their car will be graet at all circuits what do u guys think.
Old 3 Apr 2001, 23:06 (Ref:77092)   #2
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Call me ambitous, but I think that we can expect a Williams 1-2 before long.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 00:25 (Ref:77117)   #3
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least it is realistic to expect them to compete with Ferrari and McLaren.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 00:48 (Ref:77128)   #4
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they will go well at Imola but it really depends on the tyres because everyone felt they would work well at Brazil and Malaysia however its likely that they'll have a few bad races as far as tyre durability is concerned. The BMW engine should be competitive everywhere. I think Ferrari and Mclaren are going to be tough to beat at Imola but hey - you never know.

Either way, look for both drivers to pick up race wins before too long. And Ive got my money on Ralf to be the first one to stand at the top of the podium. Juan wont be to far behind though.

Last edited by Mania; 4 Apr 2001 at 00:49.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 02:24 (Ref:77155)   #5
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Williams will be fast but I think reliabilty will be their biggest problem as I said in an earlier post. Remember we have only seen a BMW engine go a full race distance once this season (Ralf in Maylasia) so it still has yet to be seen if they can consistanly go the full distance. Also I believe that BMW stated that they sacrificed a bit of reliablity to produce such a fast engine so you can expect to see a few BMW engines blowing up every now and then costing them vital points and will probably prevent them from having a championship season. Tires will play a role too of course but not as big as everyone believes. Still, I am glad to see them up there fighting. Hope Ralf gets the first win but I am beginning to like this Montoya guy.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 12:04 (Ref:77242)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imola is another circuit where power is important (perhaps not as much as before, but still) so this should be another circuit where the Willaims should do pretty well. It remains to be seen as to how well it will do at, say, Monaco or Hungary where power is less important.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 13:56 (Ref:77270)   #7
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I agree with some of you in the reliability thing. But remember thatt ralf finished in malasya, and he had to come from the back so his car was really good and had no engine problems. So this Imola race is going to be fun and thrilling for us williams and F1 fans. Now that sme have stated that there are three teams in the battle for the championship, every race from now on will be very interesting. Some of you talked a bout Monaco, and IMO this race is all driver, remember last year Alesi qualified seventh in that ugly prost, so we might see a win from williams in Monaco, because in his F3000 years montoya dominated monaco. laping everyone and findind passing zones where they didnĀ“t exist.