Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 May 2014, 10:00 (Ref:3408940)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
The Supercar Event 2014

Ladies and Gents,

This years Supercar Event, held at the Top Gear track in Surrey, is being held on Saturday and Sunday 21st and 22nd June. The event raises money for the Tadworth Childrens Trust, a cancer charity for children.

I need (in addition to the names I already have) 8 marshals for each or both days. If you are able to help please drop me an e-mail to s.c.green@btinternet.com

Thanks in advance.

Here is a link to their website if you would like more information on the event:

http://www.thesupercarevent.com/index.php/2014-event
Old 28 May 2014, 15:47 (Ref:3411866)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks to those of you who have replied already. We need another three marshals who van do one or both days so please check your diary and help if at all possible.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 08:16 (Ref:3418457)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Hello, me again (yes I know). I really need another 4 marshals who can help for this fantastic event. You will be given a lunch pack or voucher each day and also a family admission ticket so they can come along and enjoy the sight and sound of some incredible supercars. Please try to help as all the money raised goes to the Childrens Trust Tadworth who look after so many sick and terminally ill children.

I look forward to hearing from you. Huge thanks in advance
Old 11 Jun 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3418539)   #4
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PM sent
Old 11 Jun 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3418601)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thanks Nick, replied just now
Old 11 Jun 2014, 17:27 (Ref:3418806)   #6
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't make it this year but I would certainly encourage anyone with a free day to along and help. it is a fabulous experience, laid back, non competitive, plus you might get a ride in something exotic.
Old 12 Jun 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3419385)   #7
winslade6770
Racer

winslade6770 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pm'd
Old 12 Jun 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3419523)   #8
winslade6770
Racer

winslade6770 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let me know if it comes through
Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:21 (Ref:3424164)   #9
McSatan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stones Throw from Brands
McSatan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive View Post
I can't make it this year but I would certainly encourage anyone with a free day to along and help. it is a fabulous experience, laid back, non competitive, plus you might get a ride in something exotic.
Fingers crossed My first days marshalling this year, due to a knee injury.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 21:46 (Ref:3425094)   #10
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, having spent the day marshalling this event, all I can say is, Bloody Brilliant!
Lots of great cars being driven very enthusiastically. Lots of kids loving their rides. Great team, very relaxed, well looked after (Breakfast and Lunch) and lots of appreciation, and a chance to see the Top gear test track and surroundings in the flesh. Great to see Chris Evans going round in his Le Ferrari (fantastic car) and as for the hot laps in the Nissan GTR....I'm still laughing, awesome!!
Many thanks to Ian and all the team, and many, many thanks to all the drivers.
Definately in the diary for next year.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 19:45 (Ref:3425562)   #11
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to say a huge thank you to all the marshals who attended this meeting for your help, support and cooperation. Without your willingness and understanding a tremendous weekend would not have been so successful. If you haven't seen the figures, the weekend provided £92,000 so far towards the The Children's Trust with more to be tallied.
I would also like to say thank you to the organisers and all the rest of the wonderful marshals and volunteers who welcomed us so splendidly, with friendship, hospitality and cooperation, additionally all the fantastic drivers for their time, patience, generosity and humour. To a man, I believe I can say we rarely, if ever, receive such overwhelming expressions of appreciation and gratitude. It is humbling in comparison to the time, expense and energy that so many others expend.
I will freely admit it is one of the most active events of my year but it is so, so worth it.. To you out on the circuit it must have been a non-stop blizzard of supercars, your accurate, well judged and prompt reporting enabled myself and the organisers to keep the driving standards to a safe level for the public to enjoy their experiences. As you know there were a couple of blips that disturbed the event, but what had to be done, was done.
I look forward to meeting and working with you again, sometime, somewhere.

It was a pleasure to work with you all.

Old 24 Jun 2014, 09:19 (Ref:3425804)   #12
McSatan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stones Throw from Brands
Great fun, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Even the lunch <pokes curiously at the multi-coloured piles of weeds next to the burger> "What's this stuff?" "Salad, you say. Hmmm. What are you supposed to do with it? Where I'm from, salad is cold chips"

Couple of thoughts, though. In the paddock/assembly areas, and round the track, organisation and safety was exemplary. Down the bottom past the Caterhams, and on the exit road for fuel, it was shocking. You had an appalling mixture of very fast cars being driven a bit too fast, learner drivers (as in schoolkids under 16) in a fleet of little cars, ancient vehicles like three wheeled De Dions puttering around in circles, vans/service vehicles, and a full sized fire engine doing tyre squealing passenger trips being driven by a Stig. They were all milling around in the same area and on the road at hugely differing speeds, with hugely differing levels of experience. Might be worth hinting to the organisers that even some sort of basic layout with cones and/or signs could help prevent a potential disaster.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 10:05 (Ref:3425827)   #13
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Quote:
Couple of thoughts, though. In the paddock/assembly areas, and round the track, organisation and safety was exemplary. Down the bottom past the Caterhams, and on the exit road for fuel, it was shocking. You had an appalling mixture of very fast cars being driven a bit too fast, learner drivers (as in schoolkids under 16) in a fleet of little cars, ancient vehicles like three wheeled De Dions puttering around in circles, vans/service vehicles, and a full sized fire engine doing tyre squealing passenger trips being driven by a Stig. They were all milling around in the same area and on the road at hugely differing speeds, with hugely differing levels of experience. Might be worth hinting to the organisers that even some sort of basic layout with cones and/or signs could help prevent a potential disaster.
Thanks, good point. I've passed your thoughts on to the organisers.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 12:09 (Ref:3425873)   #14
McSatan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stones Throw from Brands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Thanks, good point. I've passed your thoughts on to the organisers.
Ta, I didn't mean to sound whingey, it was a great event, but the last time I saw such a potential for disaster with happy go lucky seemingly oblivious participants was at a classic bike event in Courseulles sur Mer, where the 'competitors' (it wasn't really a race, just entrants riding round a course through the streets, marked by hay bales, which changed direction throughout the day) were given two bottles of wine each at lunch time
Old 24 Jun 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3425889)   #15
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have we a date for the 2015 event ?
Old 24 Jun 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3425893)   #16
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
20/21 June 2015. You interested Nick?
Old 26 Jun 2014, 12:26 (Ref:3426750)   #17
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes. I will put in the diary for next year.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3427138)   #18
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Highlights of Dunsfold Supercar event 2014.