Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Sep 2011, 04:04 (Ref:2957463)   #76
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would have been nice to see how Percat passed 6 or 7 cars in 2 laps!
Old 18 Sep 2011, 04:10 (Ref:2957466)   #77
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Would have been nice to see how Percat passed 6 or 7 cars in 2 laps!
Too busy taking pics of the Vodafone cars

Wonder if #88 will be pinged for a jump start... as #7 has suggested they might?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Sep 2011, 04:13 (Ref:2957467)   #78
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Wonder if #88 will be pinged for a jump start... as #7 has suggested they might?
Bet Bairdo wished race control in the porkers used a video replay to decide jumped starts.
Old 18 Sep 2011, 04:22 (Ref:2957469)   #79
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
just checking the timing, there is only one car constantly doing times in the 1.35's and he is leading the race, evryone else was back in the 1.36,s and have been for quite a few laps
Old 18 Sep 2011, 05:19 (Ref:2957478)   #80
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
great drive by Pearcat, maybe he will finish up at PMM
Old 18 Sep 2011, 05:29 (Ref:2957479)   #81
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... where in anyone's logic does it make sense to let the clutch OUT a little if you cant slot it into gear??

Good of Mr Percat to admit his error... but will this be one that got away?
Old 18 Sep 2011, 05:47 (Ref:2957483)   #82
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
water fowl safety car, thats a new one.

interesting at Darwin they compalined the lead driver didnt go quick enough after the safety car

now they are complaing they went too soon

to me this suggest, the rule is crap and needs to be simplified
Old 18 Sep 2011, 05:52 (Ref:2957484)   #83
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
Good of Mr Percat to admit his error... but will this be one that got away?
Given the position Tander is in I doubt it. The mistake might be different.
Old 18 Sep 2011, 07:13 (Ref:2957498)   #84
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This domination by Team Vodafone is getting very monotonous.......
Old 18 Sep 2011, 07:14 (Ref:2957500)   #85
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
wasnt exactaly domination today, but they do seem to have a lot of good luck

There co driver do seem to be a bit better than many of the others, maybe thats the car though,
Old 18 Sep 2011, 07:19 (Ref:2957502)   #86
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another dominant display by 888 racing, a big improvement from HRT and #6 whilst SVG keeps impressing.
Shame the #8 had a drive through as they may have been a factor.
#5 was extremely disappointing and have the DJR cars finished yet ?
All in all, an entertaining race and bring on Bathurst.
Old 18 Sep 2011, 07:26 (Ref:2957504)   #87
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
wasnt exactaly domination today, but they do seem to have a lot of good luck

There co driver do seem to be a bit better than many of the others, maybe thats the car though,
Didn't see any luck play a part today even though the #88 was borderline off the start. I don't see how you can't open the #888 door properly and leaving a trumpet cover on the #88 at the last meeting as having luck again.
When you qualify well and start up the front all the time, it minimises the necessity to have a lot of luck with damage etc.
Old 18 Sep 2011, 07:47 (Ref:2957511)   #88
Comal
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Comal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So... where in anyone's logic does it make sense to let the clutch OUT a little if you cant slot it into gear??
Thats what you do with a dog/seq box to get them in gear, it's not the same as the syncro box in your road car
Old 18 Sep 2011, 07:53 (Ref:2957514)   #89
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R19

Series Points

Gotta feel for the pilots of #9... they were quick enough to challenge #888 for the win.. till the tyre went soft
Old 18 Sep 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2957515)   #90
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comal View Post
Thats what you do with a dog/seq box to get them in gear, it's not the same as the syncro box in your road car
Mr Percat admitted on the telecast that his actions were the wrong thing to do in the circumstances...
Old 18 Sep 2011, 08:14 (Ref:2957521)   #91
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Didn't see any luck play a part today even though the #88 was borderline off the start. I don't see how you can't open the #888 door properly and leaving a trumpet cover on the #88 at the last meeting as having luck again.
When you qualify well and start up the front all the time, it minimises the necessity to have a lot of luck with damage etc.
so you dont think that the worst that happened from both cars coming together was a slightly sticking door which probably made no difference was a a bit of good luck.

you dont think that when a guy who is carving you up has a tyre/suspension (do we know what it is yet) problem with 5 laps to go that that is a bit of fortune also
Old 18 Sep 2011, 08:32 (Ref:2957524)   #92
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
so you dont think that the worst that happened from both cars coming together was a slightly sticking door which probably made no difference was a a bit of good luck.

you dont think that when a guy who is carving you up has a tyre/suspension (do we know what it is yet) problem with 5 laps to go that that is a bit of fortune also
From SBR's FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR
Stone Brothers Racing
Devastating finish with Car #9's front right tyre going down in the last few laps. We were set for a podium but ended up 5th. Seems SVG and Johnny-Mac can't catch a break at Phillip Island!

Mr van Gisbergen was screaming on the radio.. that he didnt know what was wrong with the car, except it didnt turn... definitely got over excited... Mr Stuart managed to calm him down.. to get to the finish
Old 18 Sep 2011, 08:41 (Ref:2957525)   #93
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
From SvG's FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvG
Shane Van Gisbergen
Don't know what to say here. Gave that everything I could but to have a tyre start failing and drop from 2nd to 5th hurts. Car was so good. Bring on Bathurst!
Old 18 Sep 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2957528)   #94
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
More heads to roll at DJR? Here
Old 18 Sep 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2957531)   #95
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

Driving the car at 110% like SVG was brings car and tyre issues into play.
It's all good and well to say he was carving you up, however your going to pay the penalty for doing it more times than not when pushing the cars limits.
Old 18 Sep 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2957537)   #96
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Tyre down to the cords...
Old 18 Sep 2011, 09:39 (Ref:2957543)   #97
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
D 9.2.13 Flashing yellow lights: will indicate a delayed formation lap or aborted start, and a
"Start Delayed" board will be displayed. In this case the start procedure will recommence from the 5 Minute signal and the race may be shortened under the
authority of the Stewards for each aborted pre-race lap completed. The Car or Cars
that caused the delayed formation lap or aborted start will be permitted to start the
Race but only from either the rear of the grid or Pit Lane in any subsequent race
restart.
just the rule for Mark Skaife and anyone else who was unsure.

Does anyone remember the last time we had this happen in the v8 series
Old 18 Sep 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2957544)   #98
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
More heads to roll at DJR? Here
Over one poor round? You need to post less and think more GTR.

Last edited by osrg; 18 Sep 2011 at 09:48.
Old 18 Sep 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2957546)   #99
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
Over one poor round? You need to post less and think more GTR.
Read the words from Mr Swetnam... talks well of mechanics, talks well of drivers... but doesnt talk at all about engineering...

Lets see what washes out.. but by nobody's standards was this an acceptable result!
Old 18 Sep 2011, 09:46 (Ref:2957547)   #100
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
yes GTR, no where did that article say heads were going to Roll

Quote:
Swetnam says that he remains confident that team, which took James Courtney to last year’s V8 Supercars Championship title, will bounce back next month at Bathurst.
Sounds like they will stick together