Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Jan 2005, 00:52 (Ref:1202659)   #1
A9X05
Racer

A9X05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silly Season

It seems like the silly season is upon us, and this year it started a little earlier than usual and seems like its not over and is a bit more sillier than in past years!
There a plenty of rumours around, plus we already have had some confirmed movements,
With all the changes with drivers and teams / sponsors it is very hard for us punters to keep up with it all, so I hope we can see through it , and make some sense of it all! So heres some bit and pieces we do know ?
Apparently, a top line driver was seen booking a seton a plane for QLD! Bound for another Ford team,. The rumour going around is they.have lost their major sponsor who used to shell out heaps of cash, and petrol too I heard, I hope the new bloke can bring some of that affordable credit with him to help out a bit?
I have to let the cat out of the bag here, but when in Brisbane recently I also happened to hear that there is some clowns hanging around a certain race shop, waiting to be called up for a drive or something, The kid in question finally has been signed for a drive for this season and he hopes to better the triple championships he’s already won? Let’s hope life’s good for him this year, I also heard that the Rat and Max show were finished! It’s a wonder it didn’t send the brazillian nuts! This has sent the rat in the hat packing to the Kiwi team, If I hear anymore I will let you know!
Talk about loosing your sponsors BJ or JB or is it the other way round, you know those typical Aussie male blokes? Wonder what they are going to do if the rumours are true! For those interested, there are rumours flying around that there was another major sponsor coming on board, but so far, nothings signed as yet! Somebody was heard saying “everythings still up in the air, nothings ironed out!” A parity adjustment could be the order of the day!

We heard a Red team have just about sign a real supercheap backer but cannot release the details until all the keys of the deal are locked in place, It wasn’t a not so bright move to lose a driver , he was too much for the team to afford, but everythings holden on ! They just went down to the local shopping plaza and purchased another driver and are happy with their new purchase!”

Apparently another red team lost their major driver He left His team after a lot of years stating reasons for leaving saying the car was long overdue for a paint scheme change, if ya know what I mean? He was last seen heading west into the sunset, heading to Kelly country!

With all the hype about a certain Leading red teams paint scheme for this year its most likely be RED, WHITE and BLACK or visa versa, we will have to wait and see until the official unveiling?

To all the S.B.R. fans out there, their cars are just unbreakable at the moment, for many years they just kept chipping away until they stuck Gold!
I think that the avalanch will cotinue this year I'm afraid to say! So it seems that Stone Brothers Rocks!

So I hope this makes it all a bit clearer to what’s in store in the coming year?
Old 17 Jan 2005, 06:58 (Ref:1202746)   #2
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about a replacement sponsor for the Bathurst 1000?
Old 17 Jan 2005, 08:33 (Ref:1202778)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog
What about a replacement sponsor for the Bathurst 1000?
On Wednesday, the AVESCOites will announce SuperCheap Autos as major sponsor of the "Great Race"
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Jan 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1202812)   #4
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How well know has this been?

I have only heard it from one dependable source, not even on a forum
Old 17 Jan 2005, 09:31 (Ref:1202820)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My invite says... oops
Old 17 Jan 2005, 09:46 (Ref:1202828)   #6
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on GTR what do you know???....tell please?
Old 17 Jan 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1202834)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I am like Sgt Schultz... I know nuthhhing... nutthhiing...

Meantime, back in the real world, SuperCheap should be announced as major sponsor of the Bathurst 1000, and major sponsor of PWR this week... as alluded to in MN last week... but confirmed elsewhere...
Old 17 Jan 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1202844)   #8
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I am like Sgt Schultz... I know nuthhhing... nutthhiing...

Meantime, back in the real world, SuperCheap should be announced as major sponsor of the Bathurst 1000, and major sponsor of PWR this week... as alluded to in MN last week... but confirmed elsewhere...
Schultz >>>"we have ways of making you talk"!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
Old 17 Jan 2005, 10:12 (Ref:1202847)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Yes, that Helga has her wicked ways