Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 15 Jul 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3434253)   #201
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Heard that GRC cars aren't eligible for WRX, the regulations being quite different from each other. Not sure if its true but makes sense.
I believe that Tanner Foust is taking part in the Canadian race (in the Marklund car.)
Old 15 Jul 2014, 23:20 (Ref:3434272)   #202
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, Tanner is said to do the Canada and Turkey WRX rounds too. Seen that Patrick Carpentier will drive another car Marklund Motorsport is going to run four Polos in Canada.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 09:24 (Ref:3434369)   #203
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Heard that GRC cars aren't eligible for WRX, the regulations being quite different from each other. Not sure if its true but makes sense.
I assume OMSE Fiestas cars are eligible.
Also Block, or did he use a different car in Norway?
Old 16 Jul 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3434389)   #204
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To enter World RallyCross, the car needs to meet the FIA rules.
Look up rallycross regulations on the www.fia.com website.

Some of the Global Rallycross cars do not have a FIA Rallycross homologation.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 11:09 (Ref:3434395)   #205
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I know.

But it's unlikely OMSE developed two different cars.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3434397)   #206
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOGH View Post
To enter World RallyCross, the car needs to meet the FIA rules.
Look up rallycross regulations on the www.fia.com website.

Some of the Global Rallycross cars do not have a FIA Rallycross homologation.
Right, "some". However, strange enough, seen that GRC is recognised via SCCA Pro by ACCUS, the US representative of FIA.

Read more here: http://www.scca.com/news/?cid=51329
Old 16 Jul 2014, 12:33 (Ref:3434445)   #207
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I assume OMSE Fiestas cars are eligible.
Also Block, or did he use a different car in Norway?
Yes he did. The car he used in Norway was built by M-Sport purposely for his WRX rounds and is based on a 2013 WRC car. Some improvements has been made to this car compared with his GRC car, but they are pretty similar.
Old 16 Jul 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3434555)   #208
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Another thing I still wonder about. The FIA definition of SuperCars reads for many a year:
"Homologated in Group A (kit car and world rally car excluded) or in Supertouring..."
So how much can and if so must they change to a WRC to make it eligible for Rallycross?
Old 16 Jul 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3434617)   #209
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Another thing I still wonder about. The FIA definition of SuperCars reads for many a year:
"Homologated in Group A (kit car and world rally car excluded) or in Supertouring..."
So how much can and if so must they change to a WRC to make it eligible for Rallycross?
This is a line in the regulations that has piqued my interest for some time now, especially when companies like M-Sport and Citroen Racing are producing both supercar and WRCar shells.

I know there are some obvious configuration differences (such as the position of the radiators and lighting), but what are the differences (if any) between rallycross Supercar and WRCar shells?

Perhaps this is something that will be addressed in the revised car regulations they have mentioned are coming for 2015.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3436187)   #210
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://watchseries-online.ch/2014/07...-new-york.html

Firedrive works best for me. warning: popup hell.
This track.....

Last edited by rallycrossnl; 21 Jul 2014 at 10:44.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 13:27 (Ref:3436242)   #211
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
I watched it through the NBC site. Pretty decent track with some good racing. Thought the commentators were pretty dire. Kept repeating that the drivers were out to prove themselves. It was doing my head in.

Chuffed that Tanner Foust got the win. Feel kinda bad for Scott Speed (he placed second, then got bumped to ninth because they made repairs to the car under a red flag. Not sure of any other details there.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snOBTdrhcQ8 this is probably a safer link than the one posted up thread.

Last edited by Distracted; 21 Jul 2014 at 13:32.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3436247)   #212
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
No good quality, but nevertheless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MepxVKExLCc
Old 21 Jul 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3436364)   #213
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
Pretty decent track with some good racing. Thought the commentators were pretty dire. Kept repeating that the drivers were out to prove themselves. It was doing my head in.

Well, that's Brian Till for you. He is utterly utterly terrible at calling races. He too drives me up the wall with his revolting repetition, his high pitched chalk-board voice and his those annoying trademark lines, one of which includes the popular "We talked about it earlier..." phrase.

Oh, and how about a shot of vodka for every time Tommy Kendall says "Um", "Uh", or "You know".
Old 22 Jul 2014, 03:34 (Ref:3436494)   #214
Kartracer88f
Rookie

Kartracer88f should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Right, "some". However, strange enough, seen that GRC is recognised via SCCA Pro by ACCUS, the US representative of FIA.

Read more here: http://www.scca.com/news/?cid=51329
Actually they are now sanctioned by USAC. Many things here have to do with ACCUS but very little has anything to do with FIA here in the US, we're a bit odd.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 07:42 (Ref:3436553)   #215
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartracer88f View Post
Actually they are now sanctioned by USAC. Many things here have to do with ACCUS but very little has anything to do with FIA here in the US, we're a bit odd.
Mmmh, pretty strange. IIRC they run under USAC wings in 2012 already. For 2013 they went to SCCA to run as an "FIA International Series" with e.g. track inspections done by FIA officials (like Michael FitzSimons from Ireland); hence the gap jumps became a no go. Now they are back to USAC again? Every year a different story...?

However, saw here that they are not running an "FIA International Series" in 2014: http://www.fia.com/sites/default/fil...tSeries_29.pdf (would stay on last page if, Off Road).
Old 22 Jul 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3436779)   #216
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Well, that's Brian Till for you. He is utterly utterly terrible at calling races. He too drives me up the wall with his revolting repetition, his high pitched chalk-board voice and his those annoying trademark lines, one of which includes the popular "We talked about it earlier..." phrase.

Oh, and how about a shot of vodka for every time Tommy Kendall says "Um", "Uh", or "You know".
I'd have been hammered by the end of the race! There must be someone better they can get.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 22:54 (Ref:3436837)   #217
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I just watched the New York race Parking lots must be the cheapest way to race in major cities, but it lacks any kind of charm. It's always more interesting to see street circuits, stadiums or -of course- permanent circuits.

12 drivers is a very short drivers list, and some of them aren't notable. They must try to attract more, better entries.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 12:02 (Ref:3437009)   #218
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
No good quality, but nevertheless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MepxVKExLCc
As you say, not the best quality, but still watchable. Unlucky for Isachsen, he had a good start in the first run of the final, but got punted on the restart.

Clean win for Foust, nice to see a bit of the position swapping in the midfield instead of the camera focusing on the leader for the whole race.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3437011)   #219
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry guys, I managed 5 minutes of this before realising track was all tar, or was it? It looked dull as hell, since when has rallycross become parking lot sport.

Garbage sorry
Old 23 Jul 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3437021)   #220
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it was just our house that thought it was a dull event.
All the comments confirm what I was thinking. This is one
of the few televised motorsports that will keep my sons attention.
He left the room.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 22:40 (Ref:3437149)   #221
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Sorry guys, I managed 5 minutes of this before realising track was all tar, or was it? It looked dull as hell, since when has rallycross become parking lot sport.

Garbage sorry
I think the only dirt was what they'd made the jump from.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 12:48 (Ref:3437694)   #222
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Parking lot cross...
Old 26 Jul 2014, 00:23 (Ref:3438005)   #223
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
The track at Charlotte is all (or mostly dirt).

Sounds like there's going to be trouble. Isachsen was given a penalty for aggressive driving but failed to take it.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 22:10 (Ref:3438514)   #224
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Looks like Block has won in Charlotte, Isachsen second and Piquet Jnr. third.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3438775)   #225
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Looks like Block has won in Charlotte, Isachsen second and Piquet Jnr. third.
Yep. Nice to see Ken Block finally get a win.