Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jun 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2480830)   #1
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Official 2010 Entry List

SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO FERRARI

SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO STR TBA

RED BULL RACING RED BULL RACING TBA

AT&T WILLIAMS WILLIAMS TOYOTA

FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM FORCE INDIA MERCEDES

CAMPOS GRAND PRIX CAMPOS COSWORTH

MANOR GRAND PRIX MANOR COSWORTH

TEAM US F1 TEAM US F1 COSWORTH

VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES* McLAREN MERCEDES

BMW SAUBER F1 TEAM* BMW SAUBER

RENAULT F1 TEAM* RENAULT

PANASONIC TOYOTA RACING* TOYOTA

BRAWN GP FORMULA ONE TEAM* BRAWN TBA

*These five teams have submitted conditional entries.The FIA has invited them to lift those conditions following further discussions to be concluded not later than close of business on Friday 19 June.

The maximum number of cars permitted to enter the 2010 Championship has been increased to 26, two being entered by each competitor. Pending completion of the discussions referred to above, further due diligence is currently taking place on other potential entries.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre..._entrants.aspx

Manor's a surprise. Had heard they were linked. No places for Lola, Prodrive, Lotus, Brabham or Superfund, it seems. And notice Ferrari and the Red Bull teams aren't provisional
Old 12 Jun 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2480831)   #2
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Manor is a surprise for sure!
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2480833)   #3
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Manor??? who'll be their technical partner? I suppose they need one
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:04 (Ref:2480836)   #4
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb View Post
Mr Wirth perhaps?

Surely they must have someone significant behind them for them to get ahead of Lola, Prodrive, Lotus, Brabham, EE etc

EDIT: That was a good guess - apparently it is Nick Wirth - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76045
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:05 (Ref:2480838)   #5
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Manor a surprise, Prodrive, Superfund, missing out a surprise too.

The inclusion of the FOTA teams is a surprise to me.
Ferrari and RBR, STR, not being provisional is provocative if they haven't submitted unconditional entries.

Deadline is June 19th...a week away. About right.
So Bononi, it is still not over.
Another week of purgatory for you?
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2480840)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
One of the blokes who didnt get in presumably? Mr Gascoyne has his '10 design all drawn doesnt he?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2480842)   #7
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprised Prodrive aren't on the entry.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:10 (Ref:2480847)   #8
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Damn strange, would have put Lola and Prodrive above Campos and Manor for sure!
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2480855)   #9
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
Damn strange, would have put Lola and Prodrive above Campos and Manor for sure!
Well, it's not really putting Campos and Manor above Lola and Prodrive. It's putting Dallara and Wirth over Lola and Prodrive

I guess the FIA feared both would have too many interests to give F1 a good enough go and they've been kept as reserves, as stated in the Autosport article, whereas Wirth is only working for Acura right now (as well as being Max's old business partner and mate)
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2480862)   #10
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now what about engines for Campos and Manor? I assume USF1 are still going down the Cosworth route?
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2480865)   #11
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Look up - all 3 listed as Cosworth teams
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2480867)   #12
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well, I guess if its chosen according to who Max likes the most then the list was never going to make sense to anyone but him!
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:30 (Ref:2480868)   #13
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
BBC reporting that there were 10 new entrants, whereas I have down 11 that said they entered - namely the 3 that were chosen, Lotus, Brabham, EE, Prodrive, Lola, March, Superfund and N.Technology. So someone who said they entered didn't
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2480871)   #14
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps Prodrive have been affected by unclear statement about becoming McLaren chassis-customer; Lola have serious financial problems.
I should be surprised by Manor selected instead of Epsilon, but I guess it's due to geographical considerations about the newcomers: two spaniards out of three and no british would have not sounded good.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2480872)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It seems like the Red Bull teams have backed down,and have submitted unconditional entries.Ferrari will of course vehemently deny they have an unconditional entry,and with the FIA leaving out such as Prodrive,their place in F1 isn't secure.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:38 (Ref:2480874)   #16
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
BBC reporting that there were 10 new entrants, whereas I have down 11 that said they entered - namely the 3 that were chosen, Lotus, Brabham, EE, Prodrive, Lola, March, Superfund and N.Technology. So someone who said they entered didn't
or BBC numbers are not exact
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2480875)   #17
calibrax
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rochester, Kent
calibrax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari, RB and STR unconditional, other existing teams conditional... Max pulls a classic "divide and conquer" move on FOTA.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2480876)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
It seems like the Red Bull teams have backed down,and have submitted unconditional entries.Ferrari will of course vehemently deny they have an unconditional entry.
With unconfirmed engine packages however... maybe they know something about Renault (other than Mark Webber will drive there.. )
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:40 (Ref:2480877)   #19
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What world does Max live in?

I know USF1 was always going to be a shoe-in, but given that there are now no GP's in North America, what value is there in having an American entry?

Campos I don't know much about, but if they've run GP2 then I guess they know what they're getting into.

The big suprise for me is Manor. I don't mean to belittle them, but can anyone seriously tell me that they are better suited (in terms of facilities, experience etc) than Prodrive? If I was Dave Richards I'd be seriously disillusioned with the FIA right now.

Last edited by Cynic; 12 Jun 2009 at 10:42. Reason: tryping errors
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:40 (Ref:2480878)   #20
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Mr Wirth perhaps?

Surely they must have someone significant behind them for them to get ahead of Lola, Prodrive, Lotus, Brabham, EE etc

EDIT: That was a good guess - apparently it is Nick Wirth - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76045

Yep you are right
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2480879)   #21
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
It seems like the Red Bull teams have backed down,and have submitted unconditional entries.Ferrari will of course vehemently deny they have an unconditional entry,and with the FIA leaving out such as Prodrive,their place in F1 isn't secure.
They had a contract similar to Ferrari (without the extras, though)
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2480881)   #22
Spudy
Racer

Spudy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new teams were always going to be the ones who Max and Bernie liked. David Richards is not a popular man unfortunately.

Its still not over. If FOTA don't solve their problems and race in a new series will investors still want to invest in the new teams in something that is not really F1 anymore.

I'm quite suprised a new team can even enter considering there are no rules as yet. Will the budget cap happen?? Who knows, its a very big gamble for a small new team to enter into something that huge without even knowing rules, budgets or pretty much anything.

If the argument carries on for too long and I don't think we'll see many new teams even make it to the grid next year let alone be competitive. How can they build a car and employ people without even knowing what the rules are? Its 7 months until the cars need to be on the track!
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2480882)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
What world does Max live in?

I know USF1 was always a shoe-in, but givern that there are now no GP's in North America, what value is there in ahving an American entry?

Campos I don't know much about, but if they've run GP2 then I guess they know what they're getting into.

The big suprise for me is Manor. I don't mean to belittle them, but can anyone seriously tell me that they are better suited (in terms of facilities, experience etc) than Prodrive? If I was Dave Richards I'd be seriously disillusioned with the FIA right now.
Max may know that Renault will not be around for much longer,maybe Toyota as well.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2480883)   #24
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Perhaps Prodrive have been affected by unclear statement about becoming McLaren chassis-customer; Lola have serious financial problems.
Its still a shot in the dark entering F1 now. The customer car issue is still as clear as mud, but Torro Rosso still get away with it. Maybe Prodrive didn't get it, because they want to go the customer car route.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2480887)   #25
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
With USF1 in, surely F1 will move back to Indy now?

Very surprised at Prodrive not getting in.