Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Oct 2013, 12:27 (Ref:3318911)   #751
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I get what you're saying.

But if they weren't going to do a P1 and sweep all mention of it under the carpet - why continue to mention it?

Why then go a step further and put a date on it?
Old 17 Oct 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3318915)   #752
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Darren Cox just stated on RLM that Nissan are currently working on a LMP1 car to be running in 2015.. hopefully that means I no longer need to be cynical about Nissan's use of LM
I think if he said anything different, people on here would be calling for his head!

I know it's the flavour of the month (or year) to beat up on Nissan and this project, but I actually like it. Looks a lot better than the original Deltathing, and miles better than that monstrosity that is 'racing' in the ALMS.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 12:34 (Ref:3318916)   #753
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
1:04:40 =>

http://audio.rpix.org.uk/specials/20...issan_zeod.mp3

"...our intention is that during 2015 we'll have a LMP1 car out..."

Slightly surprised that he actually mentioned a year but that still isn't an official announcement and even Cox says it with "IFs". I just got the feeling he said what Hindy wanted to hear, since his question started with "we know the car LMP1 car is coming...".
The next sentence also said they have people working on it, which I took to mean that they have committed resource - which is progress
Old 17 Oct 2013, 13:05 (Ref:3318927)   #754
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I get what you're saying.

But if they weren't going to do a P1 and sweep all mention of it under the carpet - why continue to mention it?

Why then go a step further and put a date on it?
Premise = free PR?

What does "car being out" even mean? Racing? Testing? Releasing a 3D render as a bargaining chip (for changing regs)?

And the thing I continue not to get is that if this ZEOD was really about testing stuff for P1 project evaluation, how can they be already designing P1, when the ZOED has not even run yet... what's the point "evaluating" something if the decision has been already taken?

Secondly, I just don't see the regulations getting changed so much in only their 2nd year that there could even be direct continuation of the powertrain side of things from the ZEOD. So to me the options are: a) just talk b) 2014-compliant P1 which has very little to do with the ZEOD.

And finally I just don't feel like believing a word what Cox says. Blame for hearing him all the time on RLM.

Last edited by deggis; 17 Oct 2013 at 13:16.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 16:01 (Ref:3319013)   #755
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Before this whole ZEOD thing was presented (in renders not too dissimilar to what I've seen in the BIG NEWS today), a number very wise people expressed their expectations of Nismo bringing to g56 an existing LMP chassis (a known quantity!) in order to properly evaluate the new drivetrain technology... There were some naysayers from day one, but after this DW-scion has been unveiled it all went downhill from there in terms of naysayers being proven right, unfortunately.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3319202)   #756
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Proven right about what? They never said their g56 would BE an lmp1 but would help gather knowledge FOR their lmp1. If they were to make an electric on demand lmp1 it wouldn't be allowed currently in the class. So they stick to a known concept in g56 to showcase tech and gain know how before stepping into lmp1. Whats hard to understand? I'd rather a g56 by nissan that may or may not lead to their p1 entry than no g56 no lmp.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3319213)   #757
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Proven right about what? They never said their g56 would BE an lmp1 but would help gather knowledge FOR their lmp1. If they were to make an electric on demand lmp1 it wouldn't be allowed currently in the class. So they stick to a known concept in g56 to showcase tech and gain know how before stepping into lmp1. Whats hard to understand? I'd rather a g56 by nissan that may or may not lead to their p1 entry than no g56 no lmp.
+1

I think they should allow a 56th, 57th and 58th garage for new car´s.

All of them shoul be "outside the box" with diferent technology´s.

If then they step up to LMP 1 better, but if not... i don´t really care.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 23:32 (Ref:3319246)   #758
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
+1

I think they should allow a 56th, 57th and 58th garage for new car´s.

All of them shoul be "outside the box" with diferent technology´s.

If then they step up to LMP 1 better, but if not... i don´t really care.
Ditto!

Give them stingier fuel limits than the "normal" cars and let them show which ideas are brilliant and which are duds.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 23:39 (Ref:3319250)   #759
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just figured out why it looks so much better - the ACO-mandated holes on top of the wheels are gone!

Now it will start becoming really interesting when it hits the track - starting this week-end in Fuji. I remember when DW 1.0 first hit the track and it did indeed turn; and then at Sebring when it started showing some potential...
Old 18 Oct 2013, 08:29 (Ref:3319344)   #760
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
A short of Fuji demo run: https://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=17031
Old 18 Oct 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3319445)   #761
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-lNpkvlZo
Old 20 Oct 2013, 05:52 (Ref:3320352)   #762
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
This is the powertrain layout drawing of ZEOD RC drawn by Ben Bowlby via Kota Sera (Japanese motorsport journalist)'s blog
http://serakota.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2013-10-19
Old 21 Oct 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3321236)   #763
deggis
Veteran

Finland
More blah blah blah:
Quote:
Q: WHAT WOULD IT MEAN TO NISSAN TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE LM P1 CLASS AND HOW IMPORTANT A STEPPING STONE IS THE ZEOD RC TO ACHIEVE THAT?

Andy Palmer: “The Nissan ZEOD RC is a very important stepping stone and strategically we’d love to compete in the LM P1 class. If the rules constrain us in a way so that we’d just be another Audi or Toyota out there then we won’t come. If we’re allowed to be innovative with new powertrain and chassis technologies and be different then we’re extremely interested. Essentially my request to the team is to ‘be the bad boys’ – both on and off the track. We’re aiming to stretch the boundaries of the rules and the boundaries of physics. If we can do that and its ticks the boxes of ‘innovation and excitement for everyone’, then I don’t see any reason why we wouldn’t be here in 2015. But if we come, we come to win.”
Since pro-ZEOD are saying it is LMP1 is "confirmed", I can then claim that it is now confirmed they won't do LMP1, for as long as "constraining rules" is true.

Seriously what a load of crap.

From this release: http://www.endurance-info.com/en/and...he-lmp1-class/

Few hi-res pics in above link.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 19:55 (Ref:3321251)   #764
Tim240z
Rookie

United States
Tim240z should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
More blah blah blah:

Since pro-ZEOD are saying it is LMP1 is "confirmed", I can then claim that it is now confirmed they won't do LMP1, for as long as "constraining rules" is true.

Seriously what a load of crap.

From this release: http://www.endurance-info.com/en/and...he-lmp1-class/

Few hi-res pics in above link.

I'm sure Audi had similar requests when they wanted to bring the diesles to LeMans.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3321260)   #765
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Not sure if that was in support of such changes to the regs, but: exactly... we know now how well it went last time a manufacturer got 100% what they wanted.

Difference is though that Audi could dictate the regulations to suit their diesel plans, Nissan luckily can't do that because there might be three parties laughing (in a "are you serious?" way) at the requests.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3321261)   #766
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim240z View Post
I'm sure Audi had similar requests when they wanted to bring the diesles to LeMans.
They did. Rules basically written for them. But Nissan isn't allowed to request such rules according to some here. They want to be different and thats commendable, now the ACO should take them into consideration, not just the European makes.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 03:25 (Ref:3321433)   #767
deggis
Veteran

Finland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_FUemUrjGk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...12fxWDvHI#t=37

Pretty unimpressive demo lap if it didn't actually go any faster than that.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 04:04 (Ref:3321441)   #768
TF110
Veteran

United States
Its just a demo, plus going fast in an unfinished car probably isnt a good idea.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 04:26 (Ref:3321445)   #769
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Why do a demo lap in with an unfinished car then...
Old 22 Oct 2013, 04:34 (Ref:3321448)   #770
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Why do a demo lap in with an unfinished car then...
Didn't you see the press release? The WEC event at Fuji was a perfect place to showcase it for the Japanese fans.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 04:49 (Ref:3321451)   #771
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Did you see the "" in the post?

But anyway: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=746

Last edited by deggis; 22 Oct 2013 at 05:13.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3321497)   #772
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Did you see the "" in the post?

But anyway: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=746
If you listened to the rlm broadcast during the practice sessions for Fuji, you would know why they haven't ran it at full power.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3321508)   #773
deggis
Veteran

Finland
I'm definitely going to listen 5 hours of podcasts now just to hear one sentence without even knowing who is supposed to be saying it. In other words link and approximate time of the podcast please or explain it.

Last edited by deggis; 22 Oct 2013 at 08:52.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3321884)   #774
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I'm definitely going to listen 5 hours of podcasts now just to hear one sentence without even knowing who is supposed to be saying it. In other words link and approximate time of the podcast please or explain it.
Your sarcasm isn't needed. You continue to be negative, but you don't bother to inform yourself on the facts? Ok then
Old 22 Oct 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3321896)   #775
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Please stop the tedious bickering.