Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 2 Oct 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2768212)   #1
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallycross Grand Prix 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by :) RallyX View Post
Afraid pat won't be there, and yes Pat won the Rallycross Grandprix not super prix.
Pat will be competing in the British Rallycross GP next year.
Where is it being held? Lydden i guess?
Old 2 Oct 2010, 16:46 (Ref:2768223)   #2
:) RallyX
Racer

:) RallyX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely not at Lydden, that is all I can say at the moment
Old 3 Oct 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2768755)   #3
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting! If its somewhere better than Lydden then its going to be very good!

Heard rumours about Donny but then you hear a lot of rumours about that track these days...
Old 3 Oct 2010, 20:12 (Ref:2768773)   #4
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=leonidas;2768755]Very interesting! If its somewhere better than Lydden then its going to be very good!

Heard rumours about Donny but then you hear a lot of rumours about that track these days...[/QUOTE

Well not sure where but dont you think its strange saying better than Lydden when they run it!
Does that mean something else?
Old 4 Oct 2010, 06:03 (Ref:2768909)   #5
Kevin McCann
Rookie

England
Cranleigh Surrey
Kevin McCann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=MESHGA;2768773]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Very interesting! If its somewhere better than Lydden then its going to be very good!

Heard rumours about Donny but then you hear a lot of rumours about that track these days...[/QUOTE

Well not sure where but dont you think its strange saying better than Lydden when they run it!
Does that mean something else?
I don't think its strange to say where ever is better. For instance Amy might have been referring to location ?She may have been referring to facilities? Lydden as a circuit is the best, but I can see its location for an event of this magnitude may not quite be suitable. I'm confident Amy and hr team will excel in this event and will be one not to miss as a competitor, fan or for first time experience, after all do YOU remember your First Brands...Hmmm those were the days!!
Old 4 Oct 2010, 08:59 (Ref:2768962)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Heard rumours about Donny but then you hear a lot of rumours about that track these days...
That would be good (from an access point of view) as Donnington is relatively central in the UK, so hopefully the maximum number of drivers (and spectators) could attend.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2769043)   #7
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington is central, but can't quite envisage where the track would be though. I suppose now is the time to build one under the current circumstances. The other two obvious candidates would be Mallory and Blyton as they are both pretty central. Both need inprovement (Mallory track, Blyton facilities) but Blyton does seem to have gained a bit of momentum this year after the night races. Maybe they are going back to Croft, the GB Sprint has been cancelled next year so in theory it opens up a couple of days to alternatives. Should maybe create a new thread for this, we've wondered off topic a bit.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2769070)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Should maybe create a new thread for this, we've wondered off topic a bit.
No sooner said than done
Old 16 Oct 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2775698)   #9
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Tell you where would be great, Rockingham.
Smack bang in the middle of the uk and great faciltys.
Bet with a bit of thinking you could hace a great layout
Old 16 Oct 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2775720)   #10
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
problem with rockingham, where would you put the loose parts. There is no room as there is so much track

I would love it to be donington, nice and local
Old 16 Oct 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2775759)   #11
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_cooper View Post
problem with rockingham, where would you put the loose parts. There is no room as there is so much track

I would love it to be donington, nice and local

inside of first bend to hairpin - would have thought there would have been enough run off there -I think the trouble would be getting a short enough circuit - long rallycross tracks dont work, look at brands when it got extended around clearways - racing was often strung out.

if they use the start finish line in the lap, then its a long way back via gracelands - an infield only circuit would be too far from spectators, unless the bank beyond the grandstands could be opened up to spectators.

would love to see rockingham work as a venue

seem to remember a tweet a long while back from the rockingham circuit that they were or had met amy over the single stage rally they run there...
Old 16 Oct 2010, 21:46 (Ref:2775910)   #12
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
inside of first bend to hairpin - would have thought there would have been enough run off there -I think the trouble would be getting a short enough circuit - long rallycross tracks dont work, look at brands when it got extended around clearways - racing was often strung out.

if they use the start finish line in the lap, then its a long way back via gracelands - an infield only circuit would be too far from spectators, unless the bank beyond the grandstands could be opened up to spectators.

would love to see rockingham work as a venue

seem to remember a tweet a long while back from the rockingham circuit that they were or had met amy over the single stage rally they run there...
Ok heres a nutty idea.
Even with a large crowd the rock can look empty so dont use the grandstand atall.
The teams can have the garages but in the open paddock at the rear but temp grandstands and use the back strech instead.
I know through doing a race day with them that there is a layout where the front strech is not used.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2775919)   #13
The Dozer
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
The Dozer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would be defo interested in this event unless it is mallory . .. . no way i wud take my poor little renault there hopefully it will start rolling well and maybe we can relive some of the old days at brands hope to see all you lads over for the irish grand prix in june