Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Mar 2016, 10:12 (Ref:3626617)   #6801
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of the reasons why i LOVE so much Porsche?!?!??!

Just because when both Toyota and Audi claim +1000bhp for their 2016 cars... Porsche says +900 bhp...

Ready to win AGAIN... GO PORSCHE
Old 24 Mar 2016, 10:48 (Ref:3626631)   #6802
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Porsche with 2 cars at the prologue:

Old 24 Mar 2016, 10:58 (Ref:3626633)   #6803
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The press release photos didn't have black wheels...
Old 24 Mar 2016, 11:02 (Ref:3626636)   #6804
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sad, I don't see any colour distinguishing between the two cars .
What happened to clearly differentiating your cars like they did at Le Mans last year!

And I know all that about it's cheaper in parts if all cars can share the body pieces, but wouldn't we all love the winning car more if it looks like a Frankenstein car!?
Old 24 Mar 2016, 11:06 (Ref:3626640)   #6805
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The press release photos didn't have black wheels...
Also, these cars have the shark gills on the sides.

I suspect that the PR shots were with chassis number 1508 (last years chassis) and these are the Chassis numbers 1601 and 1602
Old 24 Mar 2016, 11:08 (Ref:3626641)   #6806
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
One of the reasons why i LOVE so much Porsche?!?!??!

Just because when both Toyota and Audi claim +1000bhp for their 2016 cars... Porsche says +900 bhp...

Ready to win AGAIN... GO PORSCHE
At LeMans they will all be restricted to around 900 HP, Audi may have the edge there as they have more engine power in 6 MJ class.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 11:14 (Ref:3626643)   #6807
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
At LeMans they will all be restricted to around 900 HP, Audi may have the edge there as they have more engine power in 6 MJ class.
Yes, I had though of this before. The cap on hybrid power gives Audi an advantage.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 11:28 (Ref:3626647)   #6808
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the new livery - but then again, I like Andre Lotterer's helmet design. If Porsche wins again this year, in 20 years time, some will be lamenting why the liveries aren't like what they did back in 2016!
Old 24 Mar 2016, 12:26 (Ref:3626673)   #6809
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Does anyone know if we have Live Timing for the prologue? I cant remember if we had it last year.

P.S. My apologies for the OT , but we don't have a prologue thread.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 12:33 (Ref:3626677)   #6810
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I think we may have had timing last year on the WEC website. And if nothing else, timing sheets for each session should be up at the usual place within 2-3 hours of the end of a session.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 12:34 (Ref:3626680)   #6811
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Thanks. I really hope so (Live Timing).
Old 24 Mar 2016, 14:38 (Ref:3626747)   #6812
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Porsche with 2 cars at the prologue:
Did they change their minds again to have both there? Or is the second there just for PR (which the event mainly is now anyway...) and not actually to run?

Old 24 Mar 2016, 14:49 (Ref:3626750)   #6813
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
I don't know for sure, but I think they will run both.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 15:51 (Ref:3626771)   #6814
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Low-drag rims on the #2.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 16:44 (Ref:3626790)   #6815
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Low-drag rims on the #2.
Think they're the same wheels. Just the face is all black on the #1
Old 24 Mar 2016, 17:15 (Ref:3626801)   #6816
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Did they change their minds again to have both there? Or is the second there just for PR (which the event mainly is now anyway...) and not actually to run?
No change of mind, Porsche always had two cars entered. It's Audi and Toyota that are only running one.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3626826)   #6817
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I don't know for sure, but I think they will run both.
Quote:
The Porsche LMP1 team will run the #2 Porsche 919 Hybrid tomorrow on the first running day of the test, and the sister #1 car on Saturday.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...k-notes-2.html
Old 24 Mar 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3626832)   #6818
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So technically speaking, only one... saving those very restricted days!
Old 24 Mar 2016, 18:29 (Ref:3626843)   #6819
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Sad, I don't see any colour distinguishing between the two cars .
What happened to clearly differentiating your cars like they did at Le Mans last year!

And I know all that about it's cheaper in parts if all cars can share the body pieces, but wouldn't we all love the winning car more if it looks like a Frankenstein car!?
I agree, I'd like to see some differentiation between both cars, having the same livery is a tad dull.

It looks like Black, Red and White are very popular amongst the LMP1 teams this year. This is Toyota's livery.

Old 24 Mar 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3626845)   #6820
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Low-drag rims on the #2.
As mentioned above, they both likely have low drag. I don't know when they have to finalize/homologate their decision, but a new for this year rule is one rim style for the entire season. So no mixing between normal and low drag configurations. So everyone seems to be using a low drag configuration.

Richard
Old 24 Mar 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3626850)   #6821
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
So far, the photos of the cars have them with the 2015-inspired sprint bodywork, with the larger fender holes and without the (presumably banned) rear "wheel arch extension" winglets.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 00:14 (Ref:3626932)   #6822
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Think they're the same wheels. Just the face is all black on the #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
As mentioned above, they both likely have low drag. I don't know when they have to finalize/homologate their decision, but a new for this year rule is one rim style for the entire season. So no mixing between normal and low drag configurations. So everyone seems to be using a low drag configuration.

Richard
You're both right, the pair of them have the LD wheels.

Wasn't aware of this rule change, presumably in the name of saving costs?
Old 25 Mar 2016, 00:20 (Ref:3626934)   #6823
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
The liveries seem to be binary this year with a splash of blood.
Old 25 Mar 2016, 05:17 (Ref:3626961)   #6824
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
As I have mentioned before, I was not fully on board with the new livery, until @LMPone pointed out the following:

Very clever livery on the '16 #919hybrid! Very smart @Porsche_Team!

Old 25 Mar 2016, 12:55 (Ref:3627078)   #6825
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
amazing lap times set by the porsches thus far at paul ricard. their ideal lap time is already down to 1:37.488, despite their seemingly utter high downforce package (only 301.7 km/h top speed as compared to 310.3 by audi and 338.6 by toyota, the latter certainly in low df) and also, they have the second fastest sector 2, which is the top speed sector, although they have a much lower top speed than both audi in high df and toyota in low df - and the time isn't far from toyota's (25.158 vs. 24.845; audi's is 25.223).