Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 30 Apr 2003, 22:25 (Ref:585697)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
What is Club 100?

Hey, I want to start racing in some form, does anyone have a contact for this "club 100" I have heard someone mention?

Thanks for your time!

Ben.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 23:06 (Ref:585736)   #2
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.club100.co.uk

Ive never been myself, but it looks pretty good if you want to try karting.
Old 1 May 2003, 16:38 (Ref:586415)   #3
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Club 100 is one of the only if not the only place you can race arrive and drive 2-stroke karts. Everybody runs in the same basic kart, with the same tyres and nearly identical fueling. You are not allowed to do anything to the karts (tyre pressure fueling etc, etc), apart from check it is safe.

All this means it is not a formula where it is not the person with the most money who wins, it usually is the person with the most talent. They have 2 weight classes in the sprint class, over 11stone (74kg), and over 12stone (80kg), with lead bringing you up to the limits.

THe acceleration of these karts is the most impressive thing, and a top speed of 70mph+ they take some thinking about when driving.

If you have driven a 4-stroke kart, they are like a Focus/astra road car, quite quick, etc,etc, but a 2-Stroke kart is like a Ferrari (supercar pace), they are that much better.

As you can tell i race in club 100 (LW sprints mainly), and the most important thing is the fact it teaches me so much race craft, is great fun, and is relativly cheap to race in, £1500 for the season is not alot of money over 10months.
Old 1 May 2003, 17:21 (Ref:586456)   #4
jpc
Rookie

jpc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They also do endurance events as well which are also great fun. Big grids too - usually 30 - 35 teams entered so you generally get a good battle regardless of your pace relative to the leaders!
Old 2 May 2003, 15:07 (Ref:587525)   #5
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck at Clay Pigeon Tony, can't make it this weekend but will be at Lydd in a month! See you there.

With regards to Club100, I race in the LW sprints too, and can't recommend it enough. Many of the tracks they race at are down south, which means longish drives for me as I based in Chester, but the tracks we do race at are good. Karts are nice and quick too, a good step above your usual arrive and drive 4-stroke efforts. After having done some Formula Fording and rapily running out of money (and talent...), Club100 offers great racing without seriously digging into the wallet.

Andy Marson

Last edited by AndyM; 2 May 2003 at 15:14.
Old 3 May 2003, 04:24 (Ref:588172)   #6
Lee Yue Yang
Racer

Singapore
Singapore
Lee Yue Yang should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds very interesting indeed.How many races are there in a season?Thanks.
Old 3 May 2003, 09:40 (Ref:588310)   #7
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi Andy, i am just hoping it is dry for this race, anyway see you at Lydd.

The dates are on teh Club 100 web site.

11 sprint meetings (light weights and heavy weights), 11 premier and intermediate enduros, 8 rookie and test days, and 7 city challenge races. They also have another endurance challenge series as well.

They do run 2 fleets of approx 30 karts.

Last edited by Tony_Simpson; 3 May 2003 at 09:41.
Old 14 May 2003, 11:01 (Ref:598619)   #8
TTT

Club 100 is incredibly good value and also very popular (74 drivers in each class at most Sprints). It is the only 2-stroke arrive 'n' drive championship in the UK. The one and only variable is the driver, so it requires different 'skills' to most other racing championships (driving talent, not a talented bank account).

For your £130 Sprint race entry fee you get exactly the same chance to win as every other driver on the grid, as karts are randomly allocated with spares available if you're not happy with what you get (unlikely). In other forms of kart racing a set of new tyres, which you will need to win, costs around the same amount.

In case you're wondering yes I do race in Club 100!

Old 14 May 2003, 11:16 (Ref:598626)   #9
danieljboys
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldershot, Hampshire
danieljboys should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I raced in C100 back in 2000 and had a great time of it. There is a really good atmosphere amongst the drivers and the organisers, and is worth the cash if you want to go 100cc racing without the aggro of preparation etc.