Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Mar 2003, 01:50 (Ref:534602)   #51
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's hilarious and a relatively unknown aspect of the sport, I wish it had been kept that way personally, thanks MS. I don't like to think of my heroes sloshing around in their own P**. However, I think it's quite common in fact. I know an MS fan constantly berated JV for doing the same thing. It seems the pee is on the other Shu.

Last edited by TeddyG; 13 Mar 2003 at 01:53.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 05:10 (Ref:534744)   #52
MiniMe
Racer

MiniMe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a little .avi doing the rounds a couple of years ago showing Herr Schumeister coming out of the Ladies Room - I can't find that anywhere on the web, but I did locate the first ever picture of TGP, showing him on Ultrasound whilst still in the womb, a short 350kb mpeg movie:

Herr Schumeister's Ultrasound
Old 21 May 2006, 10:22 (Ref:1615470)   #53
Cevert
Rookie

United States
Asheville,NC.USA
Cevert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read somewhere that Francois Cevert had to pee before the race other than previosly noted and some lady wanted him to bottle it for her. Ok ewww!!
Old 21 May 2006, 11:52 (Ref:1615514)   #54
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for bringing this back up!
Old 21 May 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1615629)   #55
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Villeneuve, when asked the question of relieving himself during a race, stated that he has a strategy. .... hold it until you pit, then do it in the car of course as they are servicing the car. And he wasn't kidding. That's his strategy because he doesn't lose concentration during the race. Always thinking that lad.

Staying hydrated is very important, so having to go during the race, is quite common.

Last edited by Kirk; 21 May 2006 at 15:22.
Old 21 May 2006, 15:52 (Ref:1615650)   #56
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevert
I read somewhere that Francois Cevert had to pee before the race other than previosly noted and some lady wanted him to bottle it for her. Ok ewww!!
Maybe she was just **** taking.
Old 22 May 2006, 03:58 (Ref:1615962)   #57
tony griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
california
tony griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pistop ...... dont think so !
Old 22 May 2006, 04:28 (Ref:1615970)   #58
Peter Nightingale
Racer

Australia
Australia
Peter Nightingale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Sounds like F1 needs a continence NURSE ?????????
Old 22 May 2006, 10:03 (Ref:1616130)   #59
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What are they supposed to do?! If they need to pee, they need to pee! And because of the amount of water drivers take in during a race, I think it's understandable....whether they need to share / tell everyone, however, is a different matter.
Old 22 May 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1616344)   #60
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pitstops? No, ****tops!

The thing is that it's strange that someone like Ron Dennis hasn't invented a high tech instant drying underwear for peeing drivers... Silver of course...
Old 22 May 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1616345)   #61
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5000 posts! Finally. Not all about peeing thankfully!
Old 24 May 2006, 00:14 (Ref:1617531)   #62
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
Villeneuve, when asked the question of relieving himself during a race, stated that he has a strategy. .... hold it until you pit, then do it in the car of course as they are servicing the car. And he wasn't kidding. That's his strategy because he doesn't lose concentration during the race. Always thinking that lad.

Surely holding it makes him lose concentration?

I know for a fact that when i'm busting, i can't think of anything other than peeing.
Old 24 May 2006, 02:12 (Ref:1617563)   #63
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst this is obviously something that does happen it's not as common as you would think.

Yes, the driver's do drink a lot of fluids before and now during a race but this is because the body needs and uses it..... Think about it - have you seen a marathon runner having a pitstop ? If the driver (or any sportsperson for that matter) gets their input versus requirement ratio right - they dont need to go but if they drink too much too soon then I guess it has to go somewhere !!!

But I agree with the majority, it is not really a subject we need to be discussing as it lowers peoples impressions of the drivers - all drivers, not just those with a weak bladder......
Old 24 May 2006, 03:22 (Ref:1617580)   #64
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, this is hardly news, nor is it newsworthy
Old 24 May 2006, 03:31 (Ref:1617583)   #65
Obi Offiah
Rookie

Obi Offiah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygirl
..... Think about it - have you seen a marathon runner having a pitstop ?
Yes Paula Radcliffe

Obi
Old 24 May 2006, 03:40 (Ref:1617585)   #66
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
It is pretty straightforward: in said race situation, if you need to pee you pee.

It is the only logical solution.

End of discussion.
Old 24 May 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1618238)   #67
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I never had thought about it. before this thread!
Old 25 May 2006, 10:24 (Ref:1618523)   #68
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
urination is one of the joyous parts of life....does Mike go...ohhhhhhh...as he does it?? {ie, enjoying it?}
Old 25 May 2006, 10:48 (Ref:1618535)   #69
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygirl
Whilst this is obviously something that does happen it's not as common as you would think.

Yes, the driver's do drink a lot of fluids before and now during a race but this is because the body needs and uses it..... Think about it - have you seen a marathon runner having a pitstop ? If the driver (or any sportsperson for that matter) gets their input versus requirement ratio right - they dont need to go but if they drink too much too soon then I guess it has to go somewhere !!!

But I agree with the majority, it is not really a subject we need to be discussing as it lowers peoples impressions of the drivers - all drivers, not just those with a weak bladder......
What a load of Rubbish!...You clearly have never been involved in sports or involved with athletes! Ask Paula Ratcliffe who had to stop (very publically) in the 2005 London Marathon!

At first I thought this thread was just for a joke (or a p**s take) Get a life you lot!