Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 10 Mar 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2412819)   #51
lauder
Rookie

lauder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do they not like Euro pilotes? Joey for sure want to try V8 after LeMans last year but it could be hard?
Old 10 Mar 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2412830)   #52
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
Scott Moyse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauder View Post
Do they not like Euro pilotes? Joey for sure want to try V8 after LeMans last year but it could be hard?
that will be the only way i will ever watch that damn race series on the box!
Old 10 Mar 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2413029)   #53
lauder
Rookie

I think tv will not worry if you watch or do not. Not matter, V8 is a great racing, better than New Zealand sheep chariots lol.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 00:03 (Ref:2413331)   #54
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
Quote:
I think tv will not worry if you watch or do not. Not matter, V8 is a great racing, better than New Zealand sheep chariots lol.
I don't care if the TV cares or not if i watch those sad lil tin tops! n you are right the kiwi version is tantamount to sheep chariot racing! Although the TRD is a proper series, hence why the kiwis keep whooping the ozzie drivers in anything that aint those god awful tin tops. lol

Anyway on a much lighter note, does anyone know if the aussie F3 is going to be shown on any Kiwi motorsport shows this year?
Old 11 Mar 2009, 06:07 (Ref:2413404)   #55
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Moyse View Post
Anyway on a much lighter note, does anyone know if the aussie F3 is going to be shown on any Kiwi motorsport shows this year?
At this stage I would suggest not. F3's TV distribution is part and parcel with the Shannons Nationals TV package on SBS (Speedweek) and FOX Sports (Inside Speed), so wherever they go, we go.

However, it is shown thoughout Asia on ESPN Star and on other O/S avenues so it may reach En Zed at some stage.

However keep an eye on the F3 website for some new video options this year, starting after Clipsal. Couple of interesting things up the sleeves to introduce as the season progresses.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2413426)   #56
lauder
Rookie

Will it be possible to see in Europe Richard? Is there any live timing to be following?
Old 11 Mar 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2413523)   #57
PenguinPunch
Rookie

PenguinPunch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My personal favourite race is this one from South Australia.

I think it is Tim Slades first ever F3 race and he puts it on the front row (and leads)!

And Nic Jordan finishes second OUTRIGHT in a trophy class 1997 Dallara!

Two great efforts, and the racing looks like good fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leUNgXT1PiU

Another good race is this one at Phillip Island

Clucas gets a drive-thru penalty and still wins! I think he made up 5 seconds on the last lap! Crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMNW0bIVElQ
Old 11 Mar 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2413544)   #58
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Will it be possible to see in Europe Richard? Is there any live timing to be following?
Live timing is one of the things I'm working on, but in the end it all comes down to dollars and cents; and right now it just doesn't exist. But any video posted on the site should be watchable around the world.

Having said that, timing and Live streaming - be it Audio and / or Visual - is something that is seriously beeing looked into. A toe in the water for this year with the aim of going big in '10 is one possibility. Our hands are tied with broadcasting rights at Clipsal however from Wakefield onwards we may have more flexibility. Watch this space.

Penguin, expect more of the same on You Tube and the F3 site this year from F3. That's the plan.

As much as I love TV it really is becoming clear that the internet is the way to go. Despite miniscule resources (Isn't that always the excuse?!) It is the intention to have a good stab at growing the series via alternate forms of broadcasting and exposure opportunities.

Just gotta be smart and find ways to do it that don't break the bank!

As the old cliche' goes: Stay Tuned.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2414206)   #59
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinPunch View Post
My personal favourite race is this one from South Australia.

I think it is Tim Slades first ever F3 race and he puts it on the front row (and leads)!

And Nic Jordan finishes second OUTRIGHT in a trophy class 1997 Dallara!

Two great efforts, and the racing looks like good fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leUNgXT1PiU

Another good race is this one at Phillip Island

Clucas gets a drive-thru penalty and still wins! I think he made up 5 seconds on the last lap! Crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMNW0bIVElQ

The clip from Phillip Island is typical racing action with Ben Clucas and why its such a pity we have never seen him compete competetively in the V8 supercar series.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2414461)   #60
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
The clip from Phillip Island is typical racing action with Ben Clucas and why its such a pity we have never seen him compete competetively in the V8 supercar series.
Joey is like that as well when he has the car underneath him. Last to first at the FF festival while he had mumps one year after a pit stop to straighten the suspension i believe. Stuff of legends.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2414778)   #61
lauder
Rookie

A little like your posting Mr Scott. A liking to NZ lamb, leg-endary. But history is of not importance, it is what is done this year that is mattering, so let us wait and see.
Old 14 Mar 2009, 21:29 (Ref:2415713)   #62
Mak
Veteran

Who's the "high profile driver" that Scud racing have signed??
Old 15 Mar 2009, 22:44 (Ref:2416285)   #63
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Matthew Radisich will be at the Clipsal round in a Team BRM car...
Old 16 Mar 2009, 02:52 (Ref:2416377)   #64
HarvestMotorspt
Rookie

HarvestMotorspt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could be a good fight for first if what I hear is true
Old 16 Mar 2009, 04:54 (Ref:2416406)   #65
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvestMotorspt View Post
Could be a good fight for first if what I hear is true
what have you heard?
Old 16 Mar 2009, 07:41 (Ref:2416431)   #66
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurasia motorsport have announced that Japanese driver Sho Hanawa is out of Adelaide after his management company went belly up.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 09:31 (Ref:2416482)   #67
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and was he the driver for team goddard? if so, that is very funny
Old 16 Mar 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2416507)   #68
PenguinPunch
Rookie

- Not much surprise team goddard isn't competing. They seem a bit dodgy from what i hear.

- With it being race week and only 8 or 9 cars confirmed. Maybe they could make the first round at Adelaide a demostration event.

Or combine with formula 2, formula robertson, oz boss and/or historics.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2416517)   #69
Mak
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinPunch View Post
- Not much surprise team goddard isn't competing. They seem a bit dodgy from what i hear.

- With it being race week and only 8 or 9 cars confirmed. Maybe they could make the first round at Adelaide a demostration event.

Or combine with formula 2, formula robertson, oz boss and/or historics.
That is never going to happen.

Also you should not be calling teams dodgy if you do not know them directly. Mark Godddard has been professionally working in motorsport for several decades now, in Asia and Europe and I am sure that this situation is not of his doing or to his liking. Lets wait and see how many cars they get, but as always I am sure, the organisers will work very hard to make this a good event, despite the current econmical climate.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 12:42 (Ref:2416637)   #70
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
To reiterate: Team Goddard has a car sitting in Australia (Almost) ready to race. They had flights booked and set to go to arrive in Oz to complete the car and test prior to Clipsal. Sadly the team has been left in the lurch with a lot invested and committed and as such they will not run in Adelaide.

As the release issued said, they are working very hard to resolve the dramas and run at Wakefield.

And yes, Clipsal will be a smaller than usual grid. The fact there will be a championship this year at all is a testament to the teams that support the series.

It will be a championship round. It will not include cars from other categories.

A lot of the owner-driver operators are funded by their own businesses and it is these that have been hit by this financial fopar. As such many have made the decision to not race at a track where 10cm off line results in turning a pretty Dallara Tub into a canoe, and will race at Wakefield Park and afterwards.

This is a tough time and negativity does not help. The series has a long term plan to ensure stability and sustainability and this will ensure it's survival and growth into the future.

But these are just words. Wait and see!

(And in the meantime you might just see some sensational open wheel racing in the process!!)
Old 16 Mar 2009, 19:50 (Ref:2416909)   #71
08u05
Racer

08u05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After spending a week with Team Goddard at Sepang last Summer I can safely say, from what I saw, that they are not at all a dodgy team.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 19:50 (Ref:2416910)   #72
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
Also you should not be calling teams dodgy if you do not know them directly. Mark Godddard has been professionally working in motorsport for several decades now, in Asia and Europe and I am sure that this situation is not of his doing or to his liking.
Absolutely correct. I knew Mark personally at one time and he is a totally genuine character. What has happened to him could happen to anyone in the present economic climate.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 02:42 (Ref:2417113)   #73
PenguinPunch
Rookie

Sorry if it looked like I was calling goddard team dodgy. I've just heard a lot of bad things about the team.

eg: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8152592209

I have no idea if the team is good or bad, i've just noticed there to be a particular amount of negativity surrounding them. so it came as no surprise to me that they have pulled out. that is all.

_ _ _

Regarding the f3 field. I'm really looking forward to seeing wings and slicks back at this great great circuit (and event). I just hope that the fans and motorsport community take an understanding view when only a few cars turn up to the first event.

If the grid was combined other similar categories and perhaps run as a demonstration event it could it be great spectatular and everyone would be happy. Maybe you could even call the event something like the 'Adelaide Grand Prix Trophy' in reflection of the past Grand Prix held at this venue.

With a grid of about 10 cars - nobody is a winner.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 04:43 (Ref:2417131)   #74
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
There was a lot of bad publicity in relation to Team Goddard & the Asian F3 Championship last year... I actually clicked on the Asian F3 Website today & my computer chipped in & stopped me as the site had the "trojan" virus in it - just a warning...
Shall wait & see what the Clipsal entry list is...
Old 17 Mar 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2417232)   #75
Mak
Veteran

Is Tim Macrow driving for Scud racing? Would not call him a high profile signing, although very good driver and welcome addition. Just be nice to have seen him progress to V8's or something up the single seater ladder after winning championship a couple of years ago.
Closed Thread

Tags
australian f3