Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 11 Sep 2023, 18:06 (Ref:4176337)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Please, Robert, could you hyde some number plates, Citroën cars in particular? Asking for a friend…
Old 11 Sep 2023, 18:28 (Ref:4176342)   #27
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great pics Bob and thanks for sharing. As John said, something for everyone.
Old 11 Sep 2023, 20:26 (Ref:4176348)   #28
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
As John said, something for everyone.
What? An ol'girl friend from the seventies? Are you serious?
Old 18 Sep 2023, 11:59 (Ref:4177210)   #29
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another Classic event yesterday, Kop Hill this time. A few pictures are below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alvis 12-50  .JPG
Views:	0
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	78043

Name:	BMW 327-8 Coupe  .jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	78044

Name:	Saab Sonnet  .jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	78045

Name:	Mini Marcos  .jpg
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	78046
Old 18 Sep 2023, 16:23 (Ref:4177262)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I heard it was a good event. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Old 18 Sep 2023, 18:30 (Ref:4177288)   #31
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks Robert! I din't remember the pop-ups of the Sonett. The bonnet bulge seems somewhat optimistic to hyde a single Ford V4. Do you remember the Matra 530?
Old 18 Sep 2023, 19:46 (Ref:4177310)   #32
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Thanks Robert! I din't remember the pop-ups of the Sonett. The bonnet bulge seems somewhat optimistic to hyde a single Ford V4. Do you remember the Matra 530?
Yes - I saw one locally not very long ago!
Old 18 Sep 2023, 20:24 (Ref:4177320)   #33
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Do you remember the Matra 530?
I would rather take an old René Bonnet DJet anyday.

Thanks for the photos Bob.
Old 19 Sep 2023, 07:12 (Ref:4177374)   #34
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I rememmber all of them but come on a few years aand my choice would be an A108.
Will sort out some of the competition cars from Kop Hill later.
Old 19 Sep 2023, 10:02 (Ref:4177389)   #35
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
A few from Kop Hill with a sporting connection.

Name:	Audi Quattro S2  .jpg
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	78059

Name:	Luxior  .jpg
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	78060

Name:	Picard et Pictet.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	78061

Name:	Porsche 996 GT3  .jpg
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	78062
Old 19 Sep 2023, 16:18 (Ref:4177458)   #36
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
That Picard et Picted in the penultimate photo is just stunning.
Old 19 Sep 2023, 17:36 (Ref:4177465)   #37
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Believe it is a Sturtevant V8 Aero engine in it. Regularly seen at VSCC meetings here.
Old 20 Sep 2023, 10:40 (Ref:4177544)   #38
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
E.B, as you say proper language here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxior
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pic-Pic
The Audi is stunning! Thanks Robert.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 11:09 (Ref:4177660)   #39
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
The cars in the articles above are standard cars, the Pic-Pic has a 9.0 Sturtevant engine, & the Luxior has an 8.2 Curtis engine. Both are VSCC specials and are regularly seen at their events.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 07:11 (Ref:4177750)   #40
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes, "specials".

A Djet, EB, yes of course. (The Matra version was the first really fast car used by our Gendarmerie.)
Old 22 Sep 2023, 20:07 (Ref:4177846)   #41
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Special dedicace for Citroën fans, RHD style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7AijogHtRc
Old 25 Sep 2023, 10:10 (Ref:4178247)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pistons and Props at Sywell Aerodrome this weekend. https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAVVJZ
Old 26 Sep 2023, 08:25 (Ref:4178365)   #43
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Not only the Devil wears Prada but he drives a Marcos cabriolet! I could not imagine the Renault Spider in RHD tho. If my memory serves, the concept shown at Geneva MS was called Laguna (vertically displayed). Well done "VESIX", thanks.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 11:45 (Ref:4180661)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The final 2023 Bicester Scramble was held yesterday: Pictures here.
Attached Thumbnails
AD7I3523.jpg  
Old 9 Oct 2023, 13:08 (Ref:4180674)   #45
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for the pictures, Peter, there did seem to be a big selection there. But I do have to question the grey Mercedes and I suppose the black American truck. Why?
Old 9 Oct 2023, 13:21 (Ref:4180682)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's for all types and interests. There were a few custom cars there, I didn't photograph them all.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 13:39 (Ref:4180686)   #47
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's for all types and interests. There were a few custom cars there, I didn't photograph them all.

Not questioning you, Peter, but being a bit of a purist, I wonder why anyone would ruin a Mercedes that looks in fairly good condition?
Old 9 Oct 2023, 14:41 (Ref:4180706)   #48
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An eclectic mix there, Peter! Nice to see the finned Vauxhall Cresta - not so common these days.

I've got a local show next week in Loos en Gohelle; I suspect it won't be quite so glamorous as the artwork on their promotional material suggests, though.

I was followed out of Cambrai last night by a US Army Jeep.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 14:50 (Ref:4180708)   #49
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lovely selection of, as John said, eclectic cars. Quite a selection also. Thanks for sharing.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 15:08 (Ref:4180714)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Not questioning you, Peter, but being a bit of a purist, I wonder why anyone would ruin a Mercedes that looks in fairly good condition?
Well, the short answer is "because you can". But I like it and I've always liked custom cars but they have to be old school, not Anglias with Hyabusa or Duratec engines. There was a nice Toyota 2000 GT on wide 13" wheels with an upgraded engine and lowered suspension. Couldn't get a decent shot though.

So, taking away customised cars what one would you take home? I took my XJS home but if I had to, I'd probably go for the Mustang Cobra.