Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 May 2006, 14:47 (Ref:1610651)   #1
Tyke
Rookie

Tyke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shelsley Walsh

Well done to all the Marshals involved in clearing up the track at Top Ess on Sunday (and to all the rest of the Marshals as well of course). Considering the amount of 'stuff' that was dropped they did a wonderful job keeping it contained to the very outside of the corner. It was much appreciated by all drivers as we were expecting something much worse when we heard that the driver had not managed to 'keep it shiny side up'.

Also well done to Jan Woolley for soldiering on in the Top Paddock with a badly sprained ankle. Hope it soon improves.
Old 15 May 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1611057)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aw, thanks. It was a challenging morning for everyone in the Esses, and we had an interesting cocktail of fluids to clean up. The guys and gals did a superb job in getting the track driveable in fairly short order considering. Excellent work too in getting every fire bottle on post to the Alfa as it was leaking fuel long before the driver evacuated, and then great to see teamwork in action righting and recovering it too. I'm very proud of them all.

Finish paddock had their own excitement on Saturday when the Jenson fractured a fuel line under the bonnet and was extinguished perfectly fashion by a marshal with comparatively litle experience. Well done Martin.

So to my confession and apology (because someone's bound to mention it if I dont'!) I took Jan down to the quagmire of a car park when she came off post to rest her ankle after lunch, and then parked up at Triangle ready to take marshals back to post. The mud on the tyres dried a little, and as I set off there was this interesting noise. Only as we reached Crossing did we realize the mud was being laid up the track... So to everyone between Triangle and the entrance to Crossing, very sorry you had to clean that up. It wouldn't be a proper season if one of us didn't do something notable with a course vehicle at some point!
Old 16 May 2006, 06:45 (Ref:1611208)   #3
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I was a very long way from that one. For a change.

Cold better, Normal service will be resumed for Gurston.
Old 16 May 2006, 10:05 (Ref:1611387)   #4
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope Mrs Woollies ankle is better soon, it was a good to do Top Paddock on Sunday afternoon, it's always nice to do up there and mingle with the drivers.
Roll on the June National meeting
Old 16 May 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1611749)   #5
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see from the MAC magazine that the June meeting has a visit from racing Harley-Davidson bikes. Anyone know whether there's a class for them to compete in or is it just to demonstrate or pose in the car park?
Old 16 May 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1611796)   #6
FLoads
Rookie

FLoads should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I am aware there is a competitive???? class plus a display in the car park. MAC always come up with something different to, hopefully, entertain.
Woolley - where was this quagmire of a car park ? a little wet on Saturday, perhaps, with only one person sliding about.
It was good to see Spider 2 the BHD Special and the Chawner Special having a go.
By the way, how many new Marshalls did you have available as they seemed to be everywhere ?
Old 16 May 2006, 23:12 (Ref:1611963)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoads
Woolley - where was this quagmire of a car park ? a little wet on Saturday, perhaps, with only one person sliding about.
The driving lane in the officials part of the campsite cut up fairly badly, which led to some entertaining times. Watching one of the Elans driving up it at 45deg on Sunday morning was one of the highlights of the week-end!

Quote:
By the way, how many new Marshalls did you have available as they seemed to be everywhere ?
Yes, we were extremely pleased with the number of new marshals, and a fine crop they were too. We had someone with fewer than 5 days on every post. In fact the turnout was generally excellent, and all posts were fully manned - a boon in the Esses with so much incident to deal with.
Old 17 May 2006, 07:01 (Ref:1612078)   #8
Matt Dillon
Racer

England
Dudley
Matt Dillon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A guy I work with has a Harley & hes had an invite from Pendragon who he bought the bike off. He understands that they are all going up the hill. Bl##'y Hell!!
Old 17 May 2006, 08:49 (Ref:1612363)   #9
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's always good to see Spider 2 or any of the other "insects" at Shelsley.

It's hard to belive how something that's seventy plus years old is so quick. Hell of a hand full but great fun to drive according to the owner.
Old 17 May 2006, 19:26 (Ref:1612849)   #10
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Dillon
A guy I work with has a Harley & hes had an invite from Pendragon who he bought the bike off. He understands that they are all going up the hill. Bl##'y Hell!!
I'll get my coat.
Old 18 May 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1613395)   #11
Matt Dillon
Racer

England
Dudley
Matt Dillon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shelsley Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade
I'll get my coat.

You had your turn at the Marshals Training day!!
Old 18 May 2006, 17:36 (Ref:1613638)   #12
Fireblade
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Dillon
You had your turn at the Marshals Training day!!
Had more than my fair share of turns in the last few years Matt. In the last month alone I must have been up the hill 200 times on hill maintenance.
Old 18 May 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1613822)   #13
FLoads
Rookie

FLoads should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is because you keep forgetting the screwdriver.
Old 24 May 2006, 22:44 (Ref:1618268)   #14
Fireblade
Racer

So right as always FLoads.