Old 16 Jul 2010, 16:35 (Ref:2727644)   #101
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
When Toyota pulled out they did say that they were committed to keeping their drivers (Kobayashi and Nakajima) in F1. Besides the Stefan GP debacle Toyota have done nothing for Kazuki.
Well they could just think to themselves "we've got one guy in there we can wave the flag behind", so be content with that and say "tough luck Kaz".

Quote:
The Chandhoks though, weren't born yesterday. Karun's father, Vicky, has raced and rallied since the 70s, is a former president of the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) and is also a personal friend of one Bernard Charles Ecclestone. Chandhok Sr, in fact, privately hosted Ecclestone and his wife on a private trip to India some years ago and Bernie has always kept a weather eye on Karun's exploits.

From what we understand, the way it works is that any money due from the Chandhok side is given to Ecclestone for safe-keeping and released provided everything is satisfactory, which is probably as good an insurance policy as you can have. Nothing moves in the F1 paddock without Ecclestone knowing about it. We believe that on Thursday at Silverstone the stickers were in the process of being removed from Chandhok's car when the team received a visit from a highly influential man who suggested that such was not a good idea...
Nice to have friends in high places.

Last edited by Flyin Ryan; 16 Jul 2010 at 16:41.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2727651)   #102
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Chandoks turn to be stood down. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85314

Got to laugh at this.

"After Sakon Yamamoto gave a very positive performance in Silverstone, the team has decided to give the Japanese driver another opportunity to drive the car alongside Bruno Senna," said the team in a statement.

Yamamoto raced alongside Chandhok at the British Grand Prix, where the Japanese driver finished in 20th position behind the Indian.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2727652)   #103
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
although the way that artice is written makes it sound like he might be out for more races than just one, which is a massive shame, i find chandok quite likeable really

I wouldnt have called yamomotos race at silverstone 'promising' although maybe the promise is to do with the size of his wallet...
Old 16 Jul 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2727653)   #104
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
desperate measures to stay afloat.

will they even make it to the end of the season?

and will anyone care if they dont?

the only good thing about this team is they have given Chandok a chance and he has gone on to show he is worth another year, I hope he finds a seat in a decent car for next year.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 16:59 (Ref:2727654)   #105
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yamamoto replaces Chandok for Germany

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85314
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2727655)   #106
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't Epsilon Euskadi buy out HRT?

Well the simple thing is money in this case.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2727656)   #107
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Quote:
Senna is bound to have been disappointed about missing Silverstone, as Chandhok would have been, although as one sage drily observed, "I bet he was secretly thrilled about not having to get that downforce-bereft ****box around a place like this..." Both drivers cut their teeth in the junior formulae in the UK and there was a special atmosphere at the crammed Northamptonshire track last weekend.
quote of the year so far
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2727660)   #108
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I thought Bernie made sure theyd be financially ok until the end of the season?
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:11 (Ref:2727661)   #109
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There isn't anything about any of Yamamoto's CV that is promising - two half seasons in GP2 with only one points finish, and that was in a reverse grid race. I almost feel sorry for Yamamoto, it was clear he was having fitness issues on Saturday - perhaps the FIA need to introduce a fitness test for drivers before they get a Superlicence that year. I feel sure Sakon's a nice bloke, but then again Yuji Ide probably is too.

If HRT get any worse, the team could of course be put out of their misery under the rule brought in to stop Andrea Moda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The sporting regulations
If in the opinion of the F1 Commission a competitor fails to operate his team in a manner compatible with the standards of the Championship or in any way brings the Championship into disrepute, the FIA may exclude such competitor from the Championship forthwith.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2727664)   #110
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
*cough*
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2727666)   #111
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do hope Senna and Chandhok get drives next year. The car they have had to deal with is a nightmare.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:19 (Ref:2727668)   #112
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've merged the two threads. Could a moderator please change the title to bring it more up-to-date?
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2727669)   #113
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
Musical Chairs Hispania style?

If Yamamoto gets shots racing, then why doesn't Klien get a shot?
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2727673)   #114
NeilB
Rookie

England
NeilB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because of more £££££.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2727677)   #115
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be interesting to see what Klien could do with the downforce-bereft ****box, wouldn't it?
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:36 (Ref:2727681)   #116
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Well, Dallara only slowed down the development as the team failed to make the payments.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:41 (Ref:2727684)   #117
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Chandock out, Yamamoto in for Germany.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2727694)   #118
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Chandock out, Yamamoto in for Germany.
Yup, here's Autosport link.

They really are desperate for cash!
Old 16 Jul 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2727697)   #119
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Come on Hispania, do it properly. Chanoch Nissany's got a million shekels or so under the sofa ...
Old 16 Jul 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2727698)   #120
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I wonder how far in an Hispania car the £14 pounds I have in my pocket would get me, out of the pitlane?
Old 16 Jul 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2727704)   #121
NeilB
Rookie

England
NeilB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Sniffpetrol

Old 16 Jul 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2727710)   #122
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilB View Post
From Sniffpetrol

Not more leaked emails, spygate was bad enough.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2727728)   #123
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilB View Post

If that's the case, I feel sure Bruno deserved the sack ... for using Comic Sans.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2727734)   #124
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Last edited by dazbaz_99; 16 Jul 2010 at 19:17. Reason: Repeating what we already know. Sorry
Old 16 Jul 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2727736)   #125
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Any bets on who will appear next in HRT - Plamen Kralev? Ricardo Teixera?