Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Mar 2002, 15:48 (Ref:233620)   #26
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From your well reasoned and substantiated argument, it seems like you really know what you're talking about.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 18:05 (Ref:233682)   #27
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We don't need a well reasoned and substantiated argument because there are masses of them elsewhere. Whether the arguments actually have a grain of truth in them or not is a matter of opinion.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 13 Mar 2002, 16:30 (Ref:234315)   #28
dman007
Racer

dman007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Y! da Man!

no...im inferring that he has cheated all his life...
When you're at the top of the mountain, everybody wants to knock you off.

I am puzzled on how one cheats to qualify first. I am puzzled on how one cheats to have fastest lap of the day. I am puzzled on how one cheats to be fastest in the rain. I am puzzled on how one cheats with their ability to make changes to the car to make it faster. And best of all, I am puzzled on how a cheater can become the highest paid athlete in the world, and why would all these sponsors want to have their name associated with a cheater? I am a very puzzled person.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 17:05 (Ref:234357)   #29
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well put! It amazes me the lengths that Schumacher haters will go to to explain away his dominance... There isn't a single prominent member of the F1 business that denies he is the class of the field and the one to beat, yet some people dislike his character so much that they need to weave a fabric of conspiracy theories to explain why he keeps on winning!

I hope Rubens can finish on Sunday, so we can see (yet again) the gap between team-mates - obviously for some people this will only give rise to accusations of non-equal equipment/intervention from the pits/whatever.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 17:54 (Ref:234382)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think a reply is really necessary to "inferring that he has cheated all his life".

Any one with a reasonable knowledge of the motorsport knows that TGF is one of the greatest. Being a TGF hater or not. We can doubt (as we stated for some many times here) about his moral and ethics, but still, the same goes to many great drivers. Humans after all, ambitious and egocentric as most of public stars in all levels of show business and sports.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 22:06 (Ref:234583)   #31
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, no offence to Alex, but people will probably be more interested in TGF "cheating" as opposed to Yoong as TGF has a more direct influence on the championship.

I'm not anti-schumi but I know that some of his methods in the past have been pretty dodgy to say the least. Once you've earned a "reputation" it can unfortunately stick to you for many years afterwards. TGF will probably be remembered for Jerez '97 (okay it's only one example) as much as his countless broken records and championships.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 14 Mar 2002, 01:41 (Ref:234684)   #32
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Valve and others have said, Ferrari is not really running a 2001 car. Other teams have been whispering that Ferrari's aerodynamic advances -- on the car they're calling a 2001 -- are among the most significant ever. They still have the best car, the best team, the best driver. Let's hope Williams and McLaren make it interesting.
Old 14 Mar 2002, 05:49 (Ref:234779)   #33
Y! da Man!
Rookie

Y! da Man! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dman007

When you're at the top of the mountain, everybody wants to knock you off.

I am puzzled on how one cheats to qualify first. I am puzzled on how one cheats to have fastest lap of the day. I am puzzled on how one cheats to be fastest in the rain. I am puzzled on how one cheats with their ability to make changes to the car to make it faster. And best of all, I am puzzled on how a cheater can become the highest paid athlete in the world, and why would all these sponsors want to have their name associated with a cheater? I am a very puzzled person.

knock himoff??.....not if he knocks a 100 others off first...

i know ur puzzled....but so are everybody except schumi...
Old 14 Mar 2002, 11:02 (Ref:234895)   #34
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Y! DA MAN, you will never win against the disciples. you cannot say one critisism about TGI without having all his disciples jumping on their high horse and defending him with utter dribble.
it is good to see that there is at least another "impartial" fan on this forum
Old 14 Mar 2002, 11:28 (Ref:234911)   #35
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by calais
"impartial"
I liked that!

Last edited by Red; 14 Mar 2002 at 11:28.
Old 14 Mar 2002, 11:37 (Ref:234915)   #36
Glen
Veteran

Calais

Your silly bleating that anyone that recognises the simple, self evident, patently obvious fact that MS is the best current driver must be a "disciple" irritates me beyond belief. I, and I am sure many others, am not a "disciple" - I am just intelligent enough to recognise the absolutely obvious.

Impartiality is very much in evidence in your own postings however (not) - I can't imagine any feat that Schumacher could achieve that would convince you of his worth - and all that simply because you don't like him! I don't particularly like him either, but it doesn't make me blind.

Last edited by Glen; 14 Mar 2002 at 11:44.
Old 14 Mar 2002, 11:39 (Ref:234916)   #37
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well I'm not sure if I got into this here on Ten-Tenths but I know I did a few places...Trust me it has nothing to do with reliability.
The new Ferrari is stone illegal.
Look ya remember the ta-do over Ferrais clutchless engine/tranny plans..I told people then that they were planning on using the differential as their clutch...well if you remember Max a while back going on about twin clutches and most thought he was talking about a twin clutch, that speeds up the gear change and is legal.. Well what Max was on about was Ferraris system uses two clutches on the ends of the half-shafts....and it works as controlled differiential braking ,,,which is not (ask Ron) permitted....
That's the sum of why the are really running the F2001...their little clutchless set up was actually a differiential steer(braking system in disguise...they got caught trying to pull a fast one.

Last edited by strad; 14 Mar 2002 at 11:41.
Old 14 Mar 2002, 11:54 (Ref:234927)   #38
Glen
Veteran

That's going to be a hard one to fix - all the time they keep the general layout (of one clutch each side of the final drive) the potential will still be there, even if they don't implement the software to effect it. On other hand the whole rear end of that new car is radically smaller and different to before - so they couldn't simply revert to the conventional clutch/transmission, because these parts are what you hang the rear suspension from.

I'd be very surprised if all was as black and white as "stone illegal" though - they would surely have asked the FIA for clarification of the legality in principle, before building their whole new car around it. Perhaps it will come down to a legal definition of torque/brake steer.
Old 14 Mar 2002, 12:04 (Ref:234931)   #39
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Calais

Your silly bleating that anyone that recognises the simple, self evident, patently obvious fact that MS is the best current driver must be a "disciple" irritates me beyond belief. I, and I am sure many others, am not a "disciple" - I am just intelligent enough to recognise the absolutely obvious.

Impartiality is very much in evidence in your own postings however (not) - I can't imagine any feat that Schumacher could achieve that would convince you of his worth - and all that simply because you don't like him! I don't particularly like him either, but it doesn't make me blind.
hey glen, i am certainly not doubting your man's driving talent, which is sensational.but like your post above,his fans always seem to come up with an excuse for everything, however inexcusable
i am glad that i irritated you and the rest of the disciples
Old 14 Mar 2002, 12:06 (Ref:234933)   #40
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that's what they are sorting out now...you know how this goes,,Partly to blame is the process where the FIA alow you to pursue something and leave it to other teams to file a complaint, at which time then they say it's legal or illegal...
Old 14 Mar 2002, 12:24 (Ref:234949)   #41
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by calais
i am glad that i irritated you and the rest of the disciples
Don't flatter yourself kiddo. Anyway, if that's a display of joy I surely wouldn't like to see you when you're mad...
Old 14 Mar 2002, 12:35 (Ref:234957)   #42
Glen
Veteran

Calais

Call me a disciple again and I will get annoyed - either you don't get it or you're just trying to wind me up. I take disiple to mean that I am biased to a certain point of view (and blind to the contra-view) - which I am NOT.

Kindly explain how my earlier post offered "an excuse for everything". It didn't offer any excuses. It didn't talk about anything other than your ****head attitude.
Old 14 Mar 2002, 12:50 (Ref:234967)   #43
Glen
Veteran

Strad

Indeed - this is another symptom of the technical competence of the FIA falling below that of the teams. They think solution "X" is fine, but only until someone more intelligent points out that in fact it isn't.

In this particular instance, as I understand it, the argument will be whether this design constitutes a device capable of transferring torque from one driven wheel to another. Ferrari will be saying that the clutches simply replicate the function of the diff, but protestors will argue that its much more than that because they can actively and selectively cut and apply drive (and engine braking) rather than the rather more simple control possible with a diff.