Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 17 Mar 2003, 12:27 (Ref:538822)   #1
Squeaker
Rookie

Squeaker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PROBLEMS WITH MY02 CLIO 1.2 16v Dynamique?

Just wondering whether there is anyone else out there who has had electrical faults, cutting out, bad idling etc with their MY02 Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique.

I have had to take the car in to the garage 9 times since delivery from new. Starting three weeks after delivery when it started cutting out.

I have found 3 other people with similar issues and was thinking of taking it to watch dog as Renault do not seem to be able to find the problem or fix it.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 20:08 (Ref:539376)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A lad I work with has a 51 reg Clio and he has loads of problems with his, in fact in was in the local dealership for 3 weeks. But my sister has a 52 plate one and has had no problems with hers.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 20:19 (Ref:539388)   #3
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe it's a French version of the good old British Friday afternoon car.

Except in France it's any afternoon
Old 20 Mar 2003, 10:42 (Ref:541985)   #4
Squeaker
Rookie

Probably right, definately a deficency in the croissante and black coffee department

Still doesn't solve the problem tho so I guess its either more battling with Renault or the dreaded WATCHDOG

Cheers
Squeak
Old 20 Mar 2003, 19:01 (Ref:542348)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
alright, this really does my head in. we have customers with persistent problems with their phones, and our solution is after 2 shots at repairing it, we give the customer a handset and battery replacement.

isn't it about time car companies did a similar sort of thing? i mean, it'll save them one annoying niggly customer who keeps on complaining bitterly and bringing god damn watchdog into it.

if they can't find the problem they can't find the problem. they're trying their best, believe me, the last thing you want is a grumpy customer coming back! this is one of the problems with new cars with loads of electronics. stuff WILL go wrong, whether you like it or not. if you don't want stuff to go wrong, buy a car without any electrics!

nothing personal mate, but if they're trying their best they're trying their best. there's nothing else anyone can do, you're just one of the unfortunate few to get something with stuff wrong.
Old 20 Mar 2003, 20:07 (Ref:542402)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sometimes their best just ain't good enough though, is it? If you're spending a great deal of money out on anything you are entitled to expect it to be fault free and rightly so. If they are unable to find a solution then they should offer the owner their money back.

Sorry, Bella, but I have to agree with Squeaker - take it to Watchdog - companies are terrified of them and you might just get somewhere.
Old 20 Mar 2003, 22:16 (Ref:542533)   #7
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
alright, this really does my head in. we have customers with persistent problems with their phones, and our solution is after 2 shots at repairing it, we give the customer a handset and battery replacement.

isn't it about time car companies did a similar sort of thing? ...
You're right - the quality of customer service in the high tech marketplace is far superior to that in the motor trade, with the exceptions of Daewoo and Lexus. It is time the rest caught up.

Quote:
Originally posted by bella
...this is one of the problems with new cars with loads of electronics. stuff WILL go wrong, whether you like it or not. if you don't want stuff to go wrong, buy a car without any electrics! ...
I guess that's how the French and Italians manage to sell so many cars. The average Punto punter (sorry ) knows no better.

Honest question everyone - how many of you have ever owned or heard about a Japanese car with apparently unfixable electrical problems?
Old 21 Mar 2003, 12:33 (Ref:543071)   #8
Squeaker
Rookie

Look I had no intention of causing an argument. But after a year of being fobbed off, i am a little annoyed I think understandably!!!

Yes of course there are bound to be problems with electronics and I understand that however I do think if they can't solve the problem then they should replace the car.

I do understand your point of view as I work in customer services myself and the last thing I want is someone taking out their bad day on me. But if I have not provided a good service then I can understand their point of view.

When I originally started having problems I spoke to Renault UK about it and kept being told that they would call me back etc and it never happened which obviously made things worse. I am not able to reject the car as it is on PCP and the lease company will not reject it.

I discovered the car should have been on the recall list. They then put in supposedly a more upto date version of the software on the ECU and said that should do the trick. However 7 months on I am still experiencing problems and sure enough again they are intermittent and not being recorded by the ECU!!!!

I have no faith in the car whatsoever and feel unconfortable driving any distance just in case it cuts out on the Motorway or the airbag fails etc.....

Squeak

As for the Japenese car thing no I have not,I am a member of scoobynet and my other half who has had four Subaru's all very reliable who is a moderator for Scoobynet.

Last edited by Squeaker; 21 Mar 2003 at 12:36.
Old 21 Mar 2003, 19:36 (Ref:543463)   #9
DrEvil
Rookie

DrEvil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bella - fair play, no one likes grumpy customers, generally doesn't get a customer anywhere fast by being aggressive or rude to someone at Company X anyhow.. I've been in support/consultancy/troubleshooting for about 11 years now, and we get issues that can't be resolved no matter how much the customer rants and raves - the problem still can't be found!... BUT..

And its a big but (not mine you understand), most of the companies I've worked for eventually swap the intermitently fault unit out, even if it means replacing the whole thing - which btw could have an RRP of £2,000,000...

In short, regardless of whether someone is trying their best to resolve an issue or not - it a unit displays persistant faults that can't be found/fixed, one such issue being the engine cutting out at the most inconvenient of times, they should replace the whole unit.

Why should the customer be left with a lemon and potentially dangerous vehicle?

Last edited by DrEvil; 21 Mar 2003 at 19:39.