Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 May 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3070583)   #26
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
It makes no sense for Webber to go to Ferrari. Webber needs a race winning car, and Red Bull is a better bet to deliver that now than Ferrari. Red Bull also need Webber as a good #2 to pick up good points in the constructors. He's not on Vettel's level, but he's performing just fine racking up the points. ......... The Toro Rosso pair aren't ready yet, but I suspect Vergne will be for 2014.
I'm not saying that Mark will go to Ferrari, but the lure of driving for the Prancing Horse has got to be great for any driver, especially one that's not likely to get another chance. Mark (quite rightly) will put his own needs and wishes before Red Bull's. Why would he want to stay and help out Red Bull because they don't have a replacement in place yet?
Old 7 May 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3070696)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, that's a certainty that he's going to Ferrari then...
Old 7 May 2012, 15:15 (Ref:3070697)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't wait for the Webber v Teflonso thread.
Old 7 May 2012, 15:24 (Ref:3070703)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or... "Who's going to replace Webber" threads.
Old 7 May 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3070771)   #30
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
So, that's a certainty that he's going to Ferrari then...
Well if that's a certainty after my post then, i'm not saying that its for certain Just saying that Mark should put himself first. Number 2 at Red Bull or Ferrari, i don't see the difference personally. But the attraction to drive for Ferrari before retirement, that i can see !
Old 8 May 2012, 02:33 (Ref:3070943)   #31
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I can't wait for the Webber v Teflonso thread.
I quit !
Old 9 May 2012, 15:28 (Ref:3071784)   #32
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think it might have been Bon, but could have been someone else but cant find the post now, that raised the possibility of Alonso's future at Ferrari.

things are not exactly going as planned there and Alonso doesn't seem to me the type of person to sit in a Ferrari til 2016 or whenever if they cant start building WDC capable cars for him.

i dont know where else there is to go for him but at the same time does Ferrari need to start thinking about a replacement number 1 to cover that possibility? Webber has to be at the top of any list of elite drivers without a contact next year. if he went to Ferrari it might not be for the number 2 spot.
Old 9 May 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3071839)   #33
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Webber has to be at the top of any list of elite drivers without a contact next year. if he went to Ferrari it might not be for the number 2 spot.
Why would Ferrari base their future on........

1) a driver who is virtually at the end of his career.

2) hasn't shown that he can get the job done dispite having the best car in the past?
Old 9 May 2012, 18:36 (Ref:3071853)   #34
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post

2) hasn't shown that he can get the job done dispite having the best car in the past?
They could go for Webber because he has shown he can score lots of points and is unlikely to cause trouble with Alonso. He would be usefull for a year or two until Perez is ready for Ferrari as Ferrari like to take on experienced drivers.
Old 9 May 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3071867)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

well he is the front runner for next years vacant RedBull seat. thats got to count for something!

so no,i dont have a serious response to your question at all. just a bad joke. sorry.
Old 9 May 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3071873)   #36
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
They could go for Webber because he has shown he can score lots of points and is unlikely to cause trouble with Alonso. He would be usefull for a year or two until Perez is ready for Ferrari as Ferrari like
The way i read Chilli's post was that as a replacement for Fernando?.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
if he went to Ferrari it might not be for the number 2 spot.
??????
Old 9 May 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3071882)   #37
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
yeah that is how i meant it. purely hypothetical of course and in the spirit of silly season speculation, without a lot more success how long does Alonso stay at Ferrari and when do they start hedging their bets with another experienced driver?

Webbos not the long term solution but a very valuable asset nonetheless who could potentially cover FA if he leaves.

Last edited by chillibowl; 9 May 2012 at 20:19.
Old 9 May 2012, 22:58 (Ref:3071963)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I'm just waiting for the love affair between Teflonso and Ferrari end in anger and loss of sponsorship.
Old 9 May 2012, 23:28 (Ref:3071975)   #39
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I'm just waiting for the love affair between Teflonso and Ferrari end in anger and loss of sponsorship.
You may get one, but I doubt that you would get the other.
Old 9 May 2012, 23:31 (Ref:3071979)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Santander ??
Old 13 May 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3073493)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Santander ??
Still a McLaren sponsor too...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Jun 2012, 10:22 (Ref:3088896)   #42
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some more on this subject at
http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...really-happen/

The only reason I can see for such a move would be a retirement fund and the lure of the prancing horse, I think RB would like to keep Webber judging by recent comments by Christian Horner as they await to see how the young guns go at STR.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3088941)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Webber to Ferrari now !
Old 12 Jun 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3089453)   #44
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Based on the form of the current STR pilots you could be forgiven for thinking that STR should have held on to one of their 2011 pilots.

I cant see either of them being ready to consolidate on an opportunity next to Vettel. So RBR will probably meet almost any Webber demand/request

I think Perez is showing enough in is second season that if Ferrari really want to replace Massa he is shaping up pretty damn well. Good quali performances, mature races...the only thing is will he over extend trying to compete with Alonso and end up off the road more then he currently does (which is borderline for a top team)
Old 12 Jun 2012, 10:15 (Ref:3089457)   #45
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It amazes me when people say Perez is not ready for Ferrari, frankly. Surely he is no longer such a green driver.

Whether he is ready to accept being a number 2 is something else entirely.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 10:50 (Ref:3089478)   #46
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know nothing about what it must be like for an F1 driver. But looking at a friend that is coming through the ranks of Rugby...i can imagine the time constraints and attention on a Ferrari driver is far harder to cope with than Sauber, where he has more space and time to develop as a driver, a personality/adult.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 11:04 (Ref:3089483)   #47
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
It amazes me when people say Perez is not ready for Ferrari, frankly. Surely he is no longer such a green driver.

Whether he is ready to accept being a number 2 is something else entirely.
I wonder if Ferrari (Phillip Morris more like) having Carlos Slim's sponsership money would mean no number 2 status for Sergio?

Luca - "Perez, you must play number 2 to Alonso"

Carlos - "you won't get any sponsership then Di Montezemolo"

Luca - "oh"
Old 12 Jun 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3089516)   #48
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Out of all the teams who wouldn't need Slim's money, and therefore couldn't be bossed around by him, Ferrari is number one on tht list, so Montezemolo wouldn't bow to that pressure.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3089616)   #49
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
I wonder if Ferrari (Phillip Morris more like) having Carlos Slim's sponsership money would mean no number 2 status for Sergio?

Luca - "Perez, you must play number 2 to Alonso"

Carlos - "you won't get any sponsership then Di Montezemolo"

Luca - "oh"

Isn't both ways a joke ?

With or without sponsorship playing second fiddle to Alonso ?
Old 12 Jun 2012, 16:26 (Ref:3089644)   #50
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
i think Perez is just young enough to not be intimidated by Alonso's perceived number 1 status within the team.

and the upside is that if he can match or even come close to Alonso despite not getting as much support from the team (although i think Massa gets more of that at the moment) or inherits a car not built around his needs then his value goes up big time.

if he's the driver people thinks or hopes he is then he has to take the chance imo.