Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 27 Jan 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3017847)   #26
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
That Ford looks like its snarling. Cracking! The breakout from the suffocating conformism and mediocrity we've suffered since the COT was first introduced is to be welcomed.
Yep, totally agree !
Old 27 Jan 2012, 17:10 (Ref:3017866)   #27
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, but it won't look any where near as good with a letterbox in the middle of the front bumper, and the rear bumper 2" lower.

This is all because Brian France's left trouser pocket is labelled "ISC", and his right pocket "NASCAR". NASCAR says that Talladega and Daytona are not safe for unrestricted Sprint Cup cars, so instead of forcing the track owner (ISC) to implement appropriate safety measures to allow 220mph+ running, NASCAR has mandated restrictor plates, all in the interest of corporate profits chanelled directly into the pockets of the France family.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3017875)   #28
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
But is this the final NASCAR approved design? Or is it Fords opinion how the car should look?
Old 27 Jan 2012, 19:38 (Ref:3017917)   #29
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
But is this the final NASCAR approved design? Or is it Fords opinion how the car should look?
More here: http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cu...-at-homestead/
Old 27 Jan 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3017919)   #30
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Wow, I knew the new gen stock cars would look and be way better, but THIS! My mind is blown. Could this inspire new manufacturers to join?
It could...

...but NASCAR would need to loosen up their requirements to new automakers.

Present rules mandate at least one year in the Camping World Truck Series prior to entering Sprint Cup. A lot of manufacturers that could have an interest either don't market a full-size pickup in the U.S. (i.e. the always-rumored Volkswagen, who don't really have an interest but the name does come up a lot), or may not want to spend the money to do all the R+D for a Truck effort when all they want is to be in Cup with their mid-size sedan that looks something like the racecar counterpart, whereas the trucks are still identity-less.

I just don't see many manufacturers either being able to enter or CWTS, or wanting to, before Cup, so it's up to NASCAR.

Quote:
It isn't final, but it's not just Ford's opinion. Under the 2013 regulations, as they are written right now, this is the car Ford would run. The car will change if NASCAR changes the regulations (i.e. finds the cars aren't as even as they hoped). The one we see in 2013 would only be very subtly different than this, so, while not totally accurate to call it final, it basically is.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3017962)   #31
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Yeah, but if BMW/Honda/Nissan really expressed a serious interest in a long-term Cup involvement, how long do you think the 'one year in CWTS' stipulation would last?

In all the years I've followed NASCAR, I've never known principle obstruct profit.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3017976)   #32
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Especially in the case of BMW, who don't make a pickup truck ...
Old 27 Jan 2012, 22:54 (Ref:3017991)   #33
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, I'm sure NASCAR would be flexible, just pointing out that they would have to change the rules for some manufacturers that either don't market a U.S. pickup truck or don't want to run anything outside of Cup.

It ultimately depends on why the rule is in place. If it's in place to make automakers gain experience so their Cup efforts don't fail leading to them quitting the series after a year or two, NASCAR may not be flexible in that it's for their own long-term benefit to have committed partners (then again, being in CWTS didn't help Toyota much...though aligning with the terrible teams Toyota had in year one also hurt). If it's to inject some support to the struggling CWTS every now and then by forcing at least one automaker to fund trucks in hopes the other automakers will then respond by putting funding in CWTS, I could see it changing, because NASCAR's bound to lose one of the national series, be it NNS or CWTS, within the decade anyway and I think everyone, NASCAR included, knows that.
Old 28 Jan 2012, 10:22 (Ref:3018102)   #34
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Especially in the case of BMW, who don't make a pickup truck ...

Old 1 Feb 2012, 16:12 (Ref:3019862)   #35
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
BMW in Nascar? Come on!
Old 20 Feb 2012, 03:10 (Ref:3028194)   #36
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
2013 Charger:

Old 20 Feb 2012, 04:29 (Ref:3028209)   #37
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh my!!! From what I see, the front is what is the most impressive. It's like the real thing and to an extent, the rear as well. I hope that the Cup cars will have door decals on the side like the Nationwide cars do.
Old 21 Feb 2012, 03:26 (Ref:3028679)   #38
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the dodge looks serious coolness, maybe nascar will bring some bad back to racing
Old 21 Feb 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3029018)   #39
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Looks like they go really back to cars which look more like road cars.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 01:02 (Ref:3029218)   #40
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Wow! It's too bad that the greenhouse lacks the retro fender kink. But the front end seems to be very realistic. It's incredible it took Nascar so many decades for this.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 01:39 (Ref:3029227)   #41
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Wow! It's too bad that the greenhouse lacks the retro fender kink. But the front end seems to be very realistic. It's incredible it took Nascar so many decades for this.
Agreed, what were they scared of.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 17:06 (Ref:3029526)   #42
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

That would go over like a turd in the punchbowl.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3029617)   #43
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I hope that the Cup cars will have door decals on the side like the Nationwide cars do.
No, that looks horrific.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3029625)   #44
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now if only Dodge built a two door Charger.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 06:01 (Ref:3030749)   #45
Gearhead Gav
Rookie

United States
Concord, CA
Gearhead Gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most stylish NASCAR I've ever seen, other than the Dodge Charger. I love it!
Old 14 Mar 2012, 01:46 (Ref:3040711)   #46
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
dodge

chevy will not be using malibu or impala...they're using a new model as a race car and new 2013 MY street car.
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...acecar-109445/
Old 14 Mar 2012, 09:47 (Ref:3040834)   #47
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That looks seriously good.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 17:37 (Ref:3041015)   #48
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I like it.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3041040)   #49
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Chevrolet don't seem able to decide on a naming strategy for their flagship Cup car. I thought they changed to the Impala name from the Monte Carlo SS because the latter was not a big seller, and they wanted to extract the utmost brand identity from a mass production model.

Now it looks like the 2013 Bowtie will take the name from the front-engined, rear-drive V8 2013 'Commodore', which is simply never going to be a volume seller.
Old 14 Mar 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3041046)   #50
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
What's the best selling Chevy sedan? Impala? Cruze?