Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Apr 2004, 20:27 (Ref:944662)   #26
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm the one with the 10Tenths cap, purple handbag although I did leave it on the tyre wall, ask MarshalGirl (Nadine), and bemused husband.

According to the list of marshals the following Forum members should be there: Observer, Mr and Mrs Flying Muppet, MarshalGirl and Ian Lewis, Bluebeard, s. morrell, brsccnw, Paul Perkins, Woody61, ghq??, Ian Gaw and Dave Brand and me.

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Old 19 Apr 2004, 20:42 (Ref:944675)   #27
The Sweeper
Rookie

England
Leeds
The Sweeper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall keep an eye out and try to make myself known, if the weather is nice I may come on my motorcycle which may make me somewhat easier to spot on arrival.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 22:06 (Ref:944746)   #28
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by KayBee
According to the list of marshals the following Forum members should be there: Observer, Mr and Mrs Flying Muppet, MarshalGirl and Ian Lewis, Bluebeard, s. morrell, brsccnw, Paul Perkins, Woody61, ghq??, Ian Gaw and Dave Brand and me
Missed one
Quote:
Originally posted by wensleydale
This'll be my second trip out as a marshal, and i'm looking forward to it

Last edited by Asp; 19 Apr 2004 at 22:08.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 22:07 (Ref:944748)   #29
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
phew, i thought you were going to blow my cover then Asp

/me slips quietly away again
Old 20 Apr 2004, 08:25 (Ref:945108)   #30
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
According to the list of marshals the following Forum members should be there: Observer, Mr and Mrs Flying Muppet, MarshalGirl and Ian Lewis, Bluebeard, s. morrell, brsccnw, Paul Perkins, Woody61, ghq??, Ian Gaw and Dave Brand and me.
...and Paul Newns & SJC-214.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 08:37 (Ref:945118)   #31
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not forgetting "brsccnw" and "Diz"
Old 20 Apr 2004, 09:15 (Ref:945163)   #32
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by observer

Not forgetting "brsccnw" and "Diz"
Quote:
I didn't include "Diz" or any of the drivers because they weren't on the officials list and I didn't have the list with me when I listed all the names because I also missed 'ascarracinguk' as well as '...and Paul Newns & SJC-214'.

Apologies if I've missed anyone else off.

Old 20 Apr 2004, 17:46 (Ref:945766)   #33
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I didn't include "Diz" or any of the drivers because they weren't on the officials list and I didn't have the list with me when I listed all the names because I also missed 'ascarracinguk' as well as '...and Paul Newns & SJC-214'.

Apologies if I've missed anyone else off.

About twenty of the NW FF1600 drivers are on here as well. It's just a pity that so many people don't use their proper names when they register. Mind you, anonymity helps when lots of silly posts get made - not that I've ever made one.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 12:59 (Ref:948981)   #34
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Take the sun cream folks!
The weather is supposed to be warm & sunny!
Old 23 Apr 2004, 13:18 (Ref:949004)   #35
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
PaulPerkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes!! Can't wait!
Old 23 Apr 2004, 13:36 (Ref:949030)   #36
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
AND.....the new overalls get their first airing!

"I'm too......."
Old 23 Apr 2004, 19:35 (Ref:949388)   #37
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I now won't be able to be there

Having discovered that two tires on my car were slowly leaking air, i had to swerve out of teh way of an impatient van, and took a chunk out of the sidewall of a third.

so i'll be seeing you in May instead have fun.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 22:05 (Ref:949534)   #38
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's really bad news Wens. You will be sorely missed I am sure.
Old 24 Apr 2004, 21:28 (Ref:950417)   #39
Derek Lawson
Rookie

United Kingdom
In the world BUT NOT Ibiza
Derek Lawson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those who stayed away missing three cracking single-seater races but little else. It was nice weatherwise though and we all got rosy cheeks for our trouble even if we didn't have any oil to dress! Well done to those of you who did, things kept going very swiftly thanks to your efforts!
Old 26 Apr 2004, 15:28 (Ref:952384)   #40
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
I felt a bit sorry for Dave(?) Clements in the Super Coupe's.
In his first practice he got it wrong coming into Druids and ended up in the gravel trap and then in his second practice (For different race) he blew his engine big style (Different Car)again at Druids.
I think he came second in his first race in the Megane but I spoke to him at lunchtime and he was seriously ****ed off!

Also, I think a word of thanks should go to most of the drivers in most of the races as, when the yellow flags were out at Druids, they behaved very well - particularly the NWFF1600 lot!

I did pass coment to the boss - but it might not have filtered through to the drivers, so if you're reading this....thanks!!
Old 26 Apr 2004, 23:10 (Ref:952941)   #41
SJC-214
Racer

SJC-214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to thank all the marshals who where with me on Old Hall for their efforts throughout the day.

We had two incidents which could have been worse but fortunately all the drivers involved were ok after being attended too by the BRSCC Rescue unit.

In the last session before lunch a Formula Ford deposited all his oil between Old Hall in and Fosters. The entire team remained on Post and dressed it as much as possible only stopping when we finally ran out of cement dust.
Old 27 Apr 2004, 06:17 (Ref:953113)   #42
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by SJC-214
In the last session before lunch a Formula Ford deposited all his oil between Old Hall in and Fosters.
...and through Fosters & all the way to Knickerbrook!

Quote:
The entire team remained on Post and dressed it as much as possible only stopping when we finally ran out of cement dust.
As did the teams at Fosters & Knickerbrook!

Funny sort of a day at Fosters. All sorts of potentially nasty incidents - cars spinning in the middle of a group of cars, cars sliding sideways across the track in front of three or four others after sliding all the way from Cascades on the grass, cars running wide on the exit & using all the grass, etc., etc.

Must have been a dozen or so occasions when we were just waiting for the bang when the apparently inevitable collision occured......nothing! I've never seen so many near misses in one day. Even the obligatory XR2 head-first into the tyre wall just put it into reverse & drove off!
Old 28 Apr 2004, 21:33 (Ref:955094)   #43
motorsportmarshal61
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Doug Austin Marshal Of The Year 2009
motorsportmarshal61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SJC-214
I would like to thank all the marshals who where with me on Old Hall for their efforts throughout the day.

We had two incidents which could have been worse but fortunately all the drivers involved were ok after being attended too by the BRSCC Rescue unit.

In the last session before lunch a Formula Ford deposited all his oil between Old Hall in and Fosters. The entire team remained on Post and dressed it as much as possible only stopping when we finally ran out of cement dust.
glad we did ok for u i didnt know ff1600 are that light to lift when required to do so
Old 28 Apr 2004, 22:39 (Ref:955198)   #44
SJC-214
Racer

SJC-214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by woody61uk
glad we did ok for u i didnt know ff1600 are that light to lift when required to do so
I don't recall it being that light when someone dropped the one from the last race on my foot
Old 29 Apr 2004, 08:08 (Ref:955431)   #45
motorsportmarshal61
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Doug Austin Marshal Of The Year 2009
motorsportmarshal61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all i can say SJC-214
your foot shouldnt of been in the way