Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Apr 2024, 16:27 (Ref:4203524)   #376
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
CVC did have a holding in it and they did try to take over completely. However, the EU blocked or advised CVC that they would have considered a total takeover as being uncompetitive. Could this be the connection that you are thinking of?
question then, if that was blocked/advised against for being uncompetitive, then how would the Liberty acquisition not also fall afoul of those concerns?

a better understanding of law/better lawyers this time around?
Old 1 Apr 2024, 16:28 (Ref:4203525)   #377
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Will there be bikes/cars events in future calendars?
i would think someone over there will for be sure trying to float this idea of some sort of mega event, play around with the format, perhaps twin it over two consecutive weekends to make it work?

no doubt it would be expensive and run the risk of alienating one, if not both fan bases but if im being honest, if done right it could be a great several days of speed!

did a quick look, they currently share Silverstone, RB Ring, Austin/Circuit of the Americas, and Barcelona.

Barcelona is leaving the F1 calendar so thats probably out. RB Ring doesn't seem like a big enough venue, not enough hotels, too remote to host a two sport mega event.

Silverstone and Austin could probably handle it in terms of capacity and logistics but i would guess if it was going to happen it would be in the Middle East somewhere...those events are already designed to have lower attendance requirements.
Old 1 Apr 2024, 16:30 (Ref:4203526)   #378
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
CVC did have a holding in it and they did try to take over completely. However, the EU blocked or advised CVC that they would have considered a total takeover as being uncompetitive. Could this be the connection that you are thinking of?
Yes that sounds like it.
Old 1 Apr 2024, 17:26 (Ref:4203534)   #379
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let’s hope they do a better job with MotoGP with they have with F1
Old 1 Apr 2024, 18:14 (Ref:4203537)   #380
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Turn it in to a travelling circus, you mean.
Old 1 Apr 2024, 18:37 (Ref:4203540)   #381
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
By what measure has there ownership of F1 been a failure?
Old 1 Apr 2024, 18:53 (Ref:4203541)   #382
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I would ask the same. I think that "commercially" Liberty is probably doing very well. They pushed through the cost cap regulations which are probably working much better than people expected. The anti-dilution aspect, while is broken enough that it stopped Andretti entry has bloated the value of each team. I would think that most teams like what is happening with F1 on the commercial side.

We as fan can complain that the sport side is shrinking as the commercial side grows. And given Liberty is a for profit enterprise, what else can we expect.

I also wonder why there would be any expectation that Liberty would do anything substantially different with MotoGP than they have with F1. I would expect their basic pitch is that MotoGP is F1 on two wheels. That while there is overlap in viewership between the two, the deal does overall increase the audience. And I expect they will cross promote the two series. Any business will want to cross sell their products to their existing customers. So expect MotoGP ads in F1 broadcasts and F1 ads in MotoGP broadcasts. I don't know what the broadcast situation is with MotoGP, but I can imagine them wanting to do the same thing with MotoGP. Same with streaming service. I expect a F1 or MotoGP package or a premium package that gives you both.

Richard
Old 1 Apr 2024, 20:53 (Ref:4203548)   #383
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
The reporting on his departure also said that he’d resigned some months ago, and that he’ll now be with a team at the other end of pit lane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Williams?
The reports didn't say - just quoted him saying that he'd be at the other end of pit lane.
Old 1 Apr 2024, 21:37 (Ref:4203550)   #384
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

That would be impressive, considering how much F1 and the teams have financially thrived since Liberty took over.
Old 1 Apr 2024, 23:07 (Ref:4203552)   #385
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
question then, if that was blocked/advised against for being uncompetitive, then how would the Liberty acquisition not also fall afoul of those concerns?

a better understanding of law/better lawyers this time around?
Probably also the locale of the ownership group, hard to force EU rules upon an ownership group not based there, same as can't force NA rules on an EU owned group. Or are least it's hard without having them get along and communicate and frankly our numbnuts aren't great at that the last 15ish years. The only thing they would have control over is usage/distribution within the EU but if the owners aren't within their jurisdiction like CVC were oh well.
Old 2 Apr 2024, 04:00 (Ref:4203558)   #386
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
The reports didn't say - just quoted him saying that he'd be at the other end of pit lane.
The reports also say he is moving to Japan to take up his new role.
Old 2 Apr 2024, 05:15 (Ref:4203562)   #387
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
FIA?
Old 2 Apr 2024, 06:02 (Ref:4203565)   #388
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
FIA?
I wouldn't Stake my money on that.....

The wording of one report reads:

'But Stevenson is moving on to pastures new, with a job with a team at “the other end of the pit lane” that will involve him moving to Japan. Stevenson’s departure from Red Bull was agreed during the 2023 season.'

The reality is that the 'journalist' has put 2+2 together to equal 5. Stevenson said “So yeah, on to the next chapter. That chapter starts on Monday when I fly to Japan, and start work with my new team at the other end of the pit lane. It’s gonna be a massive challenge, but it’s one that I’m ready for!”. The 'journalist' forgot to realise that the next race is Japan, where you will see him with his new team.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 2 Apr 2024 at 07:08. Reason: Tidying up.
Old 2 Apr 2024, 13:35 (Ref:4203591)   #389
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
lol that’s pretty amusing!

But out of curiosity, why is his new team such a secret? Why isn’t anyone saying what it is? Why is he describing it as a team at the end of the pit lane which kind of sounds like a pejorative or a punishment, why do we only find out after he gets there and reveals himself in new kit?

Maybe it has been said but as I’m largely following this story through you guys here, it doesn’t seem like it’s been mentioned here yet.

I did see your Stake reference tho. A guess?
Old 2 Apr 2024, 13:51 (Ref:4203594)   #390
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
They clearly haven't done enough, just most of the same problems that existed before they took over
Old 2 Apr 2024, 14:09 (Ref:4203595)   #391
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
They clearly haven't done enough, just most of the same problems that existed before they took over

Could you be more specific?
Old 2 Apr 2024, 20:19 (Ref:4203646)   #392
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Does he know anything about wheel nuts?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Apr 2024, 16:40 (Ref:4204647)   #393
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like Alonso is staying with Aston Martin for two more years. News just hit...
Old 11 Apr 2024, 16:46 (Ref:4204650)   #394
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Looks like Alonso is staying with Aston Martin for two more years. News just hit...
Interesting. I actually would have thought he would move elsewhere.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...deal/10597613/

I wonder if we might see announcement regarding Sainz soonish.

Richard
Old 11 Apr 2024, 16:54 (Ref:4204653)   #395
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, he starts the ball rolling. We'll see what plans the others get in motion as far as drivers are concerned.

'25 is the real moment, when teams will be announcing engine deals, and that will kick off another driver dealings.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 20:03 (Ref:4204685)   #396
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not surprised Alonso has renewed his contract with AM. Where would he have gone otherwise? Anywhere else would have been a retrograde move for himself and the team, considering what he has brought to AM.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 20:12 (Ref:4204688)   #397
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's also a step to management and a longer term involvement in F1 beyond the cockpit
Old 11 Apr 2024, 20:17 (Ref:4204689)   #398
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I could swear I read something earlier that Lance will be shuffled out from the F1 team towards WEC.

I thought it was here, but evidently not!
Old 11 Apr 2024, 22:50 (Ref:4204703)   #399
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Alonso is learning from some of his career choices, moving teams doesn't always = success.

Unless it's moving away from Alpine, that's always a good choice.
Old 12 Apr 2024, 12:04 (Ref:4204755)   #400
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I could swear I read something earlier that Lance will be shuffled out from the F1 team towards WEC.

I thought it was here, but evidently not!
Any place the public is allowed to comment that is brought up but would the guys funding the WEC/IMSA deal want to take him on too?