Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Apr 2024, 14:10 (Ref:4204228)   #351
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Adderton teeing off deluxe today, threatening to leave the sport and blahblah talking about "loyalty"

Going to be fun when Brodie gets a pole award hat

https://www.autosport.com/supercars/...mand/10596421/
Old 8 Apr 2024, 15:29 (Ref:4204231)   #352
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Apr 2024, 16:05 (Ref:4204235)   #353
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 8 Apr 2024, 17:25 (Ref:4204243)   #354
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
You've got to admire Adderton for building the successful business empire that he has & for sure he's provided plenty of support (which also provides exposure benefits to his brand) to a number of drivers / teams / series but he appears to be "high maintenance".

Certainly feel that he has reason to feel aggrieved at the removal of his logo from Brodie's helmet, at the behest of a team previously sponsored by Boost.

He was well-known for being all over the place in the Super Touring days and whilst generous, has shown himself to be anything but reliable & consistent in his Supercars involvements.

Shame that a sponsor (allegedly) leaves the sport but it has felt like only a matter of time from the moment he got back involved that he'd be storming off into the sunset again.

Who knows? Given the large amounts of misspellings and grammar errors in those posts from padderton, maybe there was fun consumption taking place and a next-day, sober view might be different?

Between Barry, Betty, Brodie & Peter, this whole mess has seemed more and more like some twisted, fictional storyline - all very strange and I do wonder if we'll ever really know what has gone down.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 21:57 (Ref:4204262)   #355
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

An interesting sharing…
Old 8 Apr 2024, 22:12 (Ref:4204265)   #356
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coronation Street meets Home and Away, Neighbours, Number96 and Alvin Purple!

Like sand through the hour glass!
Old 8 Apr 2024, 22:49 (Ref:4204267)   #357
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Coronation Street meets Home and Away, Neighbours, Number96 and Alvin Purple!

Like sand through the hour glass!
I was thinking it might have been more like Dallas.
Too many contenders for JR Ewing’s job though..
Old 9 Apr 2024, 01:12 (Ref:4204277)   #358
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has all been a dream, Brodie in the shower photo being printed as we speak.
Old 9 Apr 2024, 01:33 (Ref:4204279)   #359
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

This seems interesting…
Old 9 Apr 2024, 01:47 (Ref:4204280)   #360
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
This seems interesting…
Old 9 Apr 2024, 02:41 (Ref:4204282)   #361
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barry Ryan deserves a medal.

To have produced a championship out of this mix of clearly unstable people is awe inspiring.
Old 9 Apr 2024, 03:08 (Ref:4204283)   #362
tobyobi
Rookie

tobyobi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

This seems interesting…
Certainly an interesting version of not talking about it
Old 9 Apr 2024, 04:06 (Ref:4204284)   #363
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OUCH this is getting messy.

Its a shame for PA, as Im sure his contribution's have assisted many in motorsport. Maybe less said the better for him.

My biggest confusion is around this being a Health issue for Bush. He did look very gaunt in a photo recently, however is it was a Health issue I would have though all the sponsors would stick by you / the team (aka Coke & others)

Anyway racing this weekend, Im sure very few interviews coming from Erebus and or their driver.
Old 9 Apr 2024, 12:07 (Ref:4204319)   #364
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Its a shame for PA, as Im sure his contribution's have assisted many in motorsport.
If it wasn’t for him where would Greg Murphy, Brad Jones, Cameron McConville be let alone Brodie Kostecki etc….

The amount of money he has poured into Australian Motorsport over the last 30 years he’s earned the right to have his say about whatever he wants if he wants to air it
Old 9 Apr 2024, 12:39 (Ref:4204329)   #365
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure how much we should be promoting a series where the two co-owners won everything to the eventual series demise...
Old 9 Apr 2024, 13:37 (Ref:4204345)   #366
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
If it wasn’t for him where would Greg Murphy, Brad Jones, Cameron McConville be let alone Brodie Kostecki etc….

The amount of money he has poured into Australian Motorsport over the last 30 years he’s earned the right to have his say about whatever he wants if he wants to air it
And Richie as of recent times
Old 9 Apr 2024, 21:57 (Ref:4204406)   #367
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RD's 2¢
https://speedcafe.com/rolands-view-t...cki-situation/
Old 10 Apr 2024, 00:09 (Ref:4204410)   #368
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Someone better put Paul Morris in a medical journal - he has successfully exorcised someone's "illness" via mediation....
Old 10 Apr 2024, 01:03 (Ref:4204412)   #369
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And with pixie dust and good intentions all fractures are welded permanently together and we all live happy ever after.

Well we can might have some idea of the validity of that if anybody bothered to properly report what was really going on.

Not going to happen, I know.

So the messiah is back on track today.. and knowing that every media release regurgitation is going to want art of such an event in video or stills, you might presume the newly numbered #1 would be full of all the supporters on previous rounds at the team

Except it looks quite naked..

Bonnet especially but also the sides, the smaller brands not currently showing..

Another exodus.. quieter this time?

A journalist doing their job might ask and find out, rather than fan girling..

I guess we aren’t destined to know
Old 10 Apr 2024, 01:33 (Ref:4204415)   #370
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roland is happy to move on as he knows the full story, he was also happy to put his two cents worth in, needed or not? Helpfully or not? but did it anyway for a large number to view. I like Roland, but he may want to remember when he is looking down on all us little people. The sport is largely here as it is today off the backs of the Fan support over the decades, not because of anything Roland has contributed. Roland is a benefactor of the sport.

The sport is more than happy to tell us all how wonderful it is, but whenever anything else is at play there is silence or a feed of bullshit.

We don't need to know anything, just keep spending the money coming to the events, buying our over priced apparel... F1 is more open than this lot.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 02:08 (Ref:4204418)   #371
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS View Post
Someone better put Paul Morris in a medical journal - he has successfully exorcised someone's "illness" via mediation....
Yep - Roland's article is the closest we appear to have come to the actual truth - a 9-month long commercial negotiation / disagreement between driver and team. Now it is possible of course that medical problem arose out of the dispute and it has been treated separately but I suspect that if so, Roland may have referred to it.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 02:10 (Ref:4204419)   #372
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A journalist doing their job might ask and find out, rather than fan girling.
Maybe they did, but if nobody is prepared to give them anything other than what is already in the public domain, then there is no story. We may never know all of the details, at least not in the immediate future with all parties keeping their cards flat to their chests. As clumsily handled as some of the saga has been, they did at least manage to keep Brodie's return under wraps; no leaks, just boom here is the announcement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Roland is happy to move on as he knows the full story, he was also happy to put his two cents worth in, needed or not?
It's an opinion piece, Dane is entitled to express his opinions.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 04:42 (Ref:4204420)   #373
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
It does, no question although I think that at least one of his recent posts is either bordering on or full-on delivering the type of bullying that he was upset about Brodie allegedly receiving.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 05:00 (Ref:4204421)   #374
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
value : $ROI ??

Quote:

Poured in, ?
A commercial investment in a sport that has not met HIS expectations:
Big ego that wanted more for his money OR was it strictly bang for the buck.

Was this just another strategy:
https://speedcafe.com/adderton-calls...ecki-contract/
Dinkum or not.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 06:04 (Ref:4204425)   #375
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Dennis Denuto Joins Erebus

“In summing up, it's the constitution, it's Mabo, it's justice, it's law, it's the vibe and aah no that's it, it's the vibe. I rest my case.” - Dennis Denuto, The Castle (1997)