Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Jul 2002, 21:16 (Ref:325414)   #1
Stone-kicker
Racer

England
Stone-kicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguars at Cadwell

On the continued subject of marshal shortages, can any one help us out at Cadwell Park on 27/28th July.
I appreciate that there are lots of other meetings that weekend and am not trying to poach anyone who may have volunteered for another venue. If you have not already committed (or have not been committed!) that weekend, we could really use some help.

In an effort to thank marshals for their continued support at our meetings, The Jaguar Car Club has this season decided to contribute £10 per day to each marshal towards his/her expenses.

If you are available for this meeting, or would like details of any other of our meetings please email me at the following address chris_salt@btinternet.com
Old 1 Jul 2002, 21:25 (Ref:325428)   #2
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there racing that day, so if any of you go pop by and say hello.
Old 2 Jul 2002, 00:44 (Ref:325535)   #3
Kev Smith
Rookie

Kev Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris
Sorry mate BARC meeting at Croft so can not make it but will see you in Sept when you come up to see us
Old 2 Jul 2002, 07:40 (Ref:325641)   #4
icklimp
Racer

England
icklimp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i've already volunteered, didn't know jcc had put wage upto £10, thats better than the vscc, and they usually pay well for lunch expenses, i'll try and say hi rich.
Old 2 Jul 2002, 08:31 (Ref:325670)   #5
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Kaybee & I have already volunteered for Cadwell - and for Anglesey on the 14th. Looks like we're going to see a lot of Jags in July! Anyone else doing Anglesey?
Old 2 Jul 2002, 11:17 (Ref:325773)   #6
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Icklimp - I'm this one

Different hair now tho'.

I should be camping over the night before, if you're around pop over for a beer
Old 17 Jul 2002, 06:24 (Ref:335519)   #7
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone is at a loss for this weekend, and want to marshal, if you send me a PM I will send out details.

Pete Howarth
Old 28 Jul 2002, 19:04 (Ref:344697)   #8
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish thank all the marshals that attended Cadwell Park in the heat this weekend, especially those that did Saturday. Without your co-operation we would not have run.
Your assistance was greatly appreciated by the JCC and the senior officials.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 19:50 (Ref:344726)   #9
icklimp
Racer

England
Your thanks are much appreiciated pete, as were those of the msa steward on saturday morning.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 23:35 (Ref:344874)   #10
icklimp
Racer

England
Richy, sorry never got a chnace to talk to you, i was in assembly in morning on saturday but got demoted to borads on start grid in the afternoon and never had chance to say hi.

What happened to the car on saturday, you retired from the allcomers race didn't you?
Old 29 Jul 2002, 09:18 (Ref:345107)   #11
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Icklimp,

The car wrecked itself twice on Saturday, once in the allcomers race practice (broken drive shaft) and during the race (big end went). The shorter circuit is certainly hard on cars, it is a shame there wasn't enough marshals to run the full circuit, I reckon I'd have had more luck up the hill with a bit of a run-up

Still, working like a mad thing this week to get it out again on Saturday.

I can imagine how busy you must have been on Saturday though, what with the Marshals shortage and the track breaking up etc...I'm sure we'll bump into each other at some point.

Cheers

Richy
Old 30 Jul 2002, 15:41 (Ref:346418)   #12
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richy_Rich did you join us at Coppice on the Saturday? I've just seen a picture of your car and wondered if it was you?

I would also like to thank the driver(s) of car 62 who provided water and other soft drinks for the marshals on two extremely hot days. This was a most welcome gesture especially after dressing the oil slick which stretched from the Hairpin to Barn.

Old 30 Jul 2002, 15:57 (Ref:346442)   #13
icklimp
Racer

England
Point well made Kaybee, i have said thanks elsewhere for the Jag driver that paid out of his own pocket for the drinks, it was very much appreciated all round.
Old 31 Jul 2002, 08:41 (Ref:346944)   #14
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
KayBee - possibly? I lost the drive shaft at the hairpin on the short circuit (don't know if that's coppice or not) in the Allcomers race I drove off the circuit under my own (rattly) power.

Whoever was there seemed very pleasant, and thanks for helping push my car round to face the tow truck

My first DNF, pah.
Old 31 Jul 2002, 14:18 (Ref:347178)   #15
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
Quote:
Originally posted by Richy_Rich
KayBee - possibly? I lost the drive shaft at the hairpin on the short circuit (don't know if that's coppice or not) in the Allcomers race I drove off the circuit under my own (rattly) power.

Whoever was there seemed very pleasant, and thanks for helping push my car round to face the tow truck

My first DNF, pah.
Yes, according to my map, that is Coppice where you ended up and whilst we were sorry for the reason for your joining us we enjoyed having your company.

Did the rounding of the Club Hairpin seem as scary to you as it did to us and were you able to pick up any useful tips for the next time you race?

Old 31 Jul 2002, 17:55 (Ref:347292)   #16
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
It was a pleasure to do business with you!
Old 31 Jul 2002, 21:37 (Ref:347415)   #17
Stone-kicker
Racer

England
Stone-kicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big thanks from the JCC to all who came to marshal at Cadwell and enabled us to atleast run on the long ciruit on Sunday.
Shame the heat seemed to take an excessive toll on the cars reducing numbers somewhat on Sunday. Hopefully we will be able to put a better package together next year to match your enthusiasm.
Thanks finally to Pete and John for their help and to Trevor Baines (MkII Jag) for the water.

Chris Salt
Chief Marshal
Old 4 Aug 2002, 12:15 (Ref:349777)   #18
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
KayBee - I'm not sure the hairpin was as much scary as it was annoying, I don't think anyone I spoke to could find a decent line around it. It was a shame, because with virtually no exit speed it was then a drag race uphill. I'm pretty sure this is what caused my engine to eventually cook and almost certain it is what caused the drive shaft to break, especially as it happened to another spitfire at exactly the same point. It was a shame because I wanted to race the metros on Sunday

Thanks again to everyone.

I did manage to get the car back out again in time for this weekend at Thruxton, but with a second hand engine out of a road car, I was somewhat lacking in power given the speed of the circuit, still I got my license signed and a chance to learn a new circuit.
Old 6 Aug 2002, 14:08 (Ref:351292)   #19
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
Quote:
KayBee - I'm not sure the hairpin was as much scary as it was annoying, I don't think anyone I spoke to could find a decent line around it. It was a shame, because with virtually no exit speed it was then a drag race uphill. I'm pretty sure this is what caused my engine to eventually cook and almost certain it is what caused the drive shaft to break, especially as it happened to another spitfire at exactly the same point. It was a shame because I wanted to race the metros on Sunday

Thanks again to everyone.

I did manage to get the car back out again in time for this weekend at Thruxton, but with a second hand engine out of a road car, I was somewhat lacking in power given the speed of the circuit, still I got my license signed and a chance to learn a new circuit.
By scary I meant watching the drivers coming out of the club/short circuit hairpin - how some of them didn't come off before they straightened up I don't know.

As you said we had two similar looking and numbered cars visit us that day with the same problem.

We were sad you didn't make it out on Sunday - it would have evened the odds a bit against the Metros.

Old 6 Aug 2002, 14:46 (Ref:351325)   #20
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Yeah, I can beat some of the Metros. It's when I'm up against the TR7-V8's that I have the trouble Mind you the car was acting up all day, I think the heat and the hills were too much for the poor wee thing.

I do remember nearly loosing it on the hairpin a couple of times, now you mention it. I'm sure that's the only corner on a circuit where I've had to move my hands on the wheel to get round...and that camber!?
Old 27 Aug 2002, 10:39 (Ref:366486)   #21
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Chris, I was at Cadwell for the JCC meet. I greatly enjoyed the whole w/e but was a little dissapionted at the lack of Jag's. I think everyone appreciates the kindness of Trevor Baines. It was very warm to say the least, and I hope to visit Cadwell again in 2003 for more meetings.
See ya soon buddy