Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 26 Aug 2002, 16:43 (Ref:366065)   #1
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I Know What The Black and Yellow 1/4 flag is for!

Well they do say you learn something new every day!
And I did at Mallory on Sunday (25th Aug). I'd had never seen until that day the Black and Yellow 1/4 flag used so never really knew what is was for. But when it got used on Sunday I realised. For instance the last race, Mono 2000's. Car on the inside of Gerrards deemed by Race Control to be in a dangerous position. Black and Yellow comes out, the leadr has the job of slowing everyone down while it's cleared, without the use of a safty car. GREAT idea! Another thing to save time. Not only that for those of you who were not there, each race was done as a 20 minute "stint" instead of x amount of laps. Another good idea, but 8 laps for these races would have been better as after 4 laps it got boring. But hey who cares when we get to finish at 5.30pm. Half wn hour before deadline. Woo Hoo! Yippeeee. Let's have some more of that I say.
Old 26 Aug 2002, 17:08 (Ref:366077)   #2
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would have been even better if the drivers knew what to do when the black and yellow came out. They ruined peter Daly's race when the back markers didnt catch up with the pack. I hope the clark pointed this out to them (but I guess Peter did)
Old 26 Aug 2002, 19:04 (Ref:366152)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hey could have been worse guys. They used it at Kirky on Saturday and the front 3 cars in the race seemed to think that it meant proceed to the start/finish line and stop.

The rest of the drivers behind them didn't think it meant that.....with predictable results......