Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jul 2000, 08:40 (Ref:23848)   #1
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The post-A1 Ring onslaught continues...

Mazzacane. His performance on Sunday was appalling. Being lapped by Gene who finished 8th only seconds behind the points scorers, and to slip down the field so badly, only proved that Gaston does NOT have what it takes to be in F1. He's had half a season, but I think it's time he was shown the door.

It's about time Minardi saw sense and got Sarrazin or Badoer back in the car.
Old 18 Jul 2000, 08:56 (Ref:23853)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I couldn't agree more. I think it was last year I saw him at the SRWC at Donnington and he wasn't on the pace of his team mate, the much maligned Giovanni Lavaggi. Nuff said.

Would yo really want Badoer (after an average season last year) or Sarazin (hasn't he just been sacked by Mclaren F3000 team?). Alonso looks a pretty good driver, though he may lack the maturity and experience of Button Spice, he does look to have the talent.
Old 18 Jul 2000, 13:22 (Ref:23893)   #3
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno Junquiera: now there's a thought.......
Old 18 Jul 2000, 15:23 (Ref:23909)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I doubt bruno would go near a minardi ..but sarazin is now out of a job and would be a good choice and i think badoer still thinks he will get a ferrari race drive in the near future (yeh right)..but as far as i know gaston has paid for the entire year and therefore deserves to stay there unless minardi want a contract battle and loose money that they deserately need
Old 18 Jul 2000, 15:25 (Ref:23910)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Besides. Everone knows it was Gene's turn to have the engine last weekend.
Old 18 Jul 2000, 19:11 (Ref:23949)   #6
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BTW Minardi fan. Since I see you're such a big fan of Mazzacane...well....The station in which I watch F1 is giving away one of the racing suits that Mazzacane wore...properly cleaned before handing it out of course. The only thing is that you have to answer in which category and when did Mazzacane won a title in europe. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find Mazzacane's fan page on the web so I don't know. But in case you know you can mail the answer to f1@psntv.com . Just don't forget to write in spanish!!

I'm sure that it would be a dream come true for you to have the suit of your favorite driver! He he he
Old 19 Jul 2000, 21:53 (Ref:24219)   #7
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mazzacane's fanpage is at:

http://www.lotsofmoney-notalent.com
Old 20 Jul 2000, 10:18 (Ref:24329)   #8
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
SHOCK NEWS: Minardi have no intention of releasing Mazzacane, and are intending on keeping him for 2001.

:confused:

PLEASE FERRARI - give em the engines, throw Badoer into the deal, so we can say bye bye to Mr. NO TALENT Mazzacane...
Old 20 Jul 2000, 11:34 (Ref:24351)   #9
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minardi will just go for the driver with the most money, I doubt this will be sarrizan as he will find it hard to get sponsorship, when he has been sacked by the best team in f3000. A more likely driver would be alonso or another graduate from the telefonica Euro Open. Williams could loan them Junqueria to give him some experiance, that is if he dosent go to Gannasi.
Old 20 Jul 2000, 19:11 (Ref:24408)   #10
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK OK, all this Gaston bashing is getting a bit much. Remember in March, Australia, where GM blew away Gené for the whole weekend? Everyone there was saying what a good job he'd done.

GM is not the greatest driver. He is NOT a rent a driver. Telephonica went to Minardi because of Gené and Gaston, not as a result of GM brining in the sponsorship (chez Parmalat Pedro at Sauber). Hang on Wasn't Parmalat Pedro a "pay driver"? And, err..., so was Gené!

GM is NOT that bad (not that great either, but that misses the point). He does alright with the equipment he's got and don't forget, like Button, this is his first season so mistakes are inevitable.

OFCOURSE, if Minardi can find a genuinly talented young bloke to bring up in his place for next year, they should do so. But in the mean time LEAVE GASTON ALONE!! To be doing within 2secs (...in RACE trim, 4secs in QUAL trim) a lap on average of the Mikka and Michael in that car is pretty good, espeshially having never even driven the circuit before. I'd like to see any of you do better, even you amatuer racers out there.
Old 20 Jul 2000, 23:50 (Ref:24444)   #11
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
I know Gaston isn't that bad at all - but in the races he is being seriously beaten by Gene, who really isn't that much more experienced. In addition to this, there are several other drivers - Badoer and Sarrazin in particular, who I'm sure would be doing a better job right now.
Old 21 Jul 2000, 02:45 (Ref:24474)   #12
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gene may get a better drive next year and I am sure that the other seat at Minardi will just go to the highest bidder.
Old 21 Jul 2000, 10:16 (Ref:24523)   #13
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Gene isn't going anywhere for at least 2 years - at the end of the season he'll be halfway through a 4 year contract, and I guarantee Minardi have no intention of releasing him early. They have a star on their hands and they know it.