Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 29 Jan 2003, 00:28 (Ref:488870)   #1
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mondello

Just a simple question. Has anyone been to Mondello before and what do they think of it Marshal-wise?

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 29 Jan 2003, 00:33 (Ref:488876)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Yes frequently - what did you want to know?
Old 29 Jan 2003, 08:40 (Ref:489126)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Bit late/early when I posted last nite. You can get a lot of info on Mondello from www.marshalspost.com where some of the Mondello marshals have contributed to the circuit details.

Mondello is a technically difficult circuit, so probably not as fast as some of the UK ones, but does make for great racing.

From your nick, I'm assuming you're interested in marshalling the BTCC in April? If so, drop me a PM and I'll put you in contact with the correct people. There's also a visiting marshal's FAQ on the MRMCI website - http://www.mrmci.com/vmfaq.asp

Not sure what else I can tell you. If you give me some indication of what info you're looking for, I'll do my best to assist!
Old 29 Jan 2003, 19:49 (Ref:489797)   #4
Guisbro Rod H
Racer

Guisbro Rod H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
btccnews

The most enjoyed expedition by the Croft marshals is the annual trip to Mondello.

Advice? Be a male chauvinist pig and patronise the girly marshals. Do it with humour and you will never forget your visit.

The locals are some of the very best marshals you will meet.
Old 29 Jan 2003, 19:56 (Ref:489801)   #5
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So will yourself and the boyz be delighting us with your presence again this year then ?
Old 29 Jan 2003, 21:26 (Ref:489895)   #6
Guisbro Rod H
Racer

The Tour Manager John M was muttering that after broken promises, last year would be the last. However, after the charming welcome that you and the other marshals gave us last September, he also melted and plans to visit this year.

I look forward to such a visit
Old 29 Jan 2003, 22:11 (Ref:489931)   #7
manicmarshal
Racer

manicmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As btccnews is taking his girly with him he'd best watch the male chauvinistic piggie bit!! But i can vouch for humour, looking for an enjoyable weekend.

So EP will we get to meet you or are you going to avoid the meeting. I remember you werent too impressed the other year from your previous posts.

BARC have Mondello on their availability forms so we sent those in, do you advise us contacting someone else? Apart from my cousin who is looking after us for the weekend in Dublin.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 02:09 (Ref:490117)   #8
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
LOL - I'll be there. I was there last year as well. I was less than impressed with some aspects, but can't fault the actual racing!

I know BARC are sending reps, but I don't think they're organising marshals as such. I'm not aware that they've been in contact with us as yet - however, liaison is normally between themselves and Leinster Motor Club, so something may have been decided there.

The Chief Marshal has yet to be confirmed, but I can guarantee that you'll be welcome - oversubscription is not something we suffer from!

You can email terry.holmes@mrmci.com if you want official confirmation, but take it from me, you wanna marshal, yer in!

I would think we'll be posting more info closer to the time.

If you need any more info, let me know
Old 30 Jan 2003, 17:20 (Ref:490805)   #9
2CV Racer
Racer

2CV Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Guisbro Rod H
.........plans to visit this year.

I look forward to such a visit
Hi Rod,

Any chance you guys could make your visit an early one this year and come over at Easter for the BTCC?
Old 1 Feb 2003, 11:28 (Ref:492790)   #10
Guisbro Rod H
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by 2CV Racer
Hi Rod,

Any chance you guys could make your visit an early one this year and come over at Easter for the BTCC?
I will try and consult/persuade the the tour manager John M and reply by PM to you.