Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who would you say it is?
Vettel 22 26.51%
Raikkonen 6 7.23%
Grosjean 6 7.23%
di Resta 22 26.51%
Hamilton 3 3.61%
Perez 14 16.87%
Webber 1 1.20%
Alonso 8 9.64%
Rosberg 0 0%
Button 0 0%
Maldonado 0 0%
Hulkenberg 0 0%
Sutil 0 0%
Bottas 0 0%
Massa 0 0%
Ricciardo 0 0%
Pic 1 1.20%
Gutierrez 0 0%
Bianchi 0 0%
Chilton 0 0%
van der Garde 0 0%
Vergne 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Apr 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3237367)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Bahrain Grand Prix

Who would you say it is?
Old 21 Apr 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3237368)   #2
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Vettel, he was on another planet today. also a mention to Perez, was great watching him battling it out with his more experienced team mate.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3237369)   #3
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perez great gutsy drive.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 14:32 (Ref:3237378)   #4
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Vettel considering his lack of pace during FP and most people's expectations.

HM - to Alonso for a good DRS-less result and Perez for driving like the man he replaced.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3237382)   #5
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel.
He managed to fight back Alonso and overtook Rosberg before the DRS could be activated, with will but avoiding damaging his tyres. Those first laps were half the win.

HM : Alo did well w/o DRS and Di Resta had a good race.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 15:48 (Ref:3237394)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going to give it to Paul Di Resta, I thought he drove an outstanding race, just missing out on the podium. Alonso did well to come 8th despite his DRSless Ferrari.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3237397)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Raikkonen, he's getting there.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3237410)   #8
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm having trouble deciding on one driver. Of course Vettel won and comfortably, but Alonso made a good effort to salvage a day ruined by the rear wing, Perez was ferocious, and Hamilton managed to gain some track positions after a grid penalty and falling back a tad at the start, as well as surviving a couple drivers very aggressively.blocking him.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3237433)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Di Resta gets my vote for this race performed well above expectations and could have got his first podium
Old 21 Apr 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3237453)   #10
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could always vote for Van der Garde, it's not easy to get lapped by the entire field(including Chilton)
Old 21 Apr 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3237456)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes, Gideo van der Gardnener (shortly to be going on garde leave)

Several top perfromances, either Lotus driver, Di Resta out performing the car (or at least absolutely maxing it?) and Alonso for reaosonable damage limitation.

I gave it to Checo, though, because that mad aggressive drive was a massive answer (for the time being( for his critics so far this season.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3237477)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel, because he's British.

Some nice battling and many good drivers.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3237483)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Di Resta got my vote, great drive just a shame he missed out on his first podium. Great drive from Vettel too, had a faultless race.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3237500)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Grosjean for me. Good race, great result. Just edges out di Resta.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3237539)   #15
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Any of the top 5 could have got my vote. I voted Di Resta - he needed a good weekend, and he delivered.

Plus of course he is English.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3237546)   #16
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Perez for me. He was doing some racing out there.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3237554)   #17
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll vote for Vettel because no one else will and he was in another race today.

But Di Resta was great and Perez impressed me as well. It seemed like Checo was constantly stuck in traffic, especially his team mate who gave him no favours at all. Funny Button usually doesn't battle for position so hard if he knows he's not as fast, he'll just let them go. But not his team mate. So good to see Perez faster than Button and finally beat him and get that good pass on Alonso at the end.

Alonso did okay to come back to 8th, but he did somehow spend most of his race in clean air right up until the end, so apart from the extra stop and early first stop, the lack of DRS only really affected him in the last several laps. Which means his pace wasn't as strong as Vettel or Lotus. But he was only 2secs away from 5th place.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3237556)   #18
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Vettel for me - he was in another league today - drove away and controlled it from the front, don't know how he would have gone with a fully functioning Alonso but suspect he'd have had that covered too.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3237557)   #19
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There were a lot of good drives out there today, I went for Grosjean as he drove a very mature race with lots of overtaking from 11th on the grid to the podium. Last year in a similar situation it would have surely ended in tears.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3237575)   #20
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Vettel.
He managed to fight back Alonso and overtook Rosberg before the DRS could be activated, with will but avoiding damaging his tyres. Those first laps were half the win.

Yup, he nailed them! Game over!
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3237578)   #21
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why wouldn't I vote for Vettel? After all, he did what all 22 of them are supposed to be trying to do.

Well, in the end I went for di Resta because he achieved a much higher result than expected, whereas Vettel only did what was expected.

I didn't give anyone else more than a nanosecond of consideration.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 23:29 (Ref:3237583)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am giving it to di Resta. Excellent weekend all round for him and he has got his chin up again. Good to see. Now kick on son.

Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton, Grosjean, Raikkonen and Perez (to an extent, he was out of order at times but a MUCH improved drive) all drove very well and were worthy of consideration.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3237585)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, Kimi is up there getting everything he can.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 23:52 (Ref:3237599)   #24
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went with Perez, was good to see him put in his first solid drive in the Mclaren and gave button a sound thrashing.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 00:05 (Ref:3237608)   #25
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, Vettle for clinical and calculated dominance, or DiResta for out-performing the car... final vote showing my dislike for that prat Vettel. Unfair? Who cares!