Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 8 Nov 2003, 10:11 (Ref:776738)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where do you get your tyres from?

Next year I will have to buy some blue book List 1B tyres. 16" and 235(ish). However having raced on (free) road tyres up o now I'm not sure where to get them from.

Obviously I could just ring up Demon Tweaks, but I guess this will not offer the best value!

I'm looking for Dunlop Forumla Rs or Yokohama A032-Rs. Where do you guys source your tyres from?

(I have other questions about wet weather performance, lifetime, and compounds, etc, but that can wait...)
Old 8 Nov 2003, 10:59 (Ref:776766)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dunlop will sell you a set of R's and fit them. Just phone em up and ask for a price. They'll possibly give you a discount too. Then just zip up (in your case) down to Fort Dunlop with your rims.

They'll send them to you but then you've got fitting and balancing. You'll also need a commercial tyre fitter because they are a really tight fit. You can get their number from the link on my website.

Are you going for D97's. I have to run D84's and they are roughly 2 secs slower at places like Mallory.Brands etc.
Old 8 Nov 2003, 18:40 (Ref:777079)   #3
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Purchased A032s from a local tyre shop (RSR), they came out at the same price as DT but included fitting. My Dunlops were bought from HP Tyre Exchange and fitted by the local tyre shop.
Old 9 Nov 2003, 10:36 (Ref:777608)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Adam
Dunlops direct from the factory. Yokos, go to Adams and Page, they are the only ones to import 008's and they do a good price on 032's.
I get my 032's from my local tyre dealer who sometimes does them a bit cheaper than Adams Page and about £40 less per tyre than Demon Thieves, depending on which way the wind is blowing and whether there is a day in the month.

032's are reasonable in the wet if they are newish but once the tread starts to get low they are no good in standing water. Last time in real wet weather (2 years ago at Cadwell in a monsoon) I was on Falkens and they werent too bad.
I have done a bout 20 races and 5 track days on my 032's and they are still have about 1mm of tread left but dont expect that many races on the XJS
Old 10 Nov 2003, 09:17 (Ref:778580)   #5
Keith Wheeler
Rookie

Keith Wheeler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always gone to Adams & Page in High Wycombe, Bucks for my Yokos. Ring Les or Stuart on 01494 525971.