Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 May 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3067885)   #1651
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Lets say it this way, unless Manthey miraculously enters SP7 with RSR I don't really care how they perform...
Why would that be?

I know that you have a beef with GT3 and the related BoP, but at the Ring the GT2s are balanced against the GT3s anyway, i.e. they are treated as if they were just another GT3 model.

Just because someone runs a GT2 doesn't make the race anymore 'pure' or something...
Old 1 May 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3067891)   #1652
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Manthey will be there, but not as a full factory Porsche effort, the green and yellow monster with 4 factory drivers will not be there. They'll probably have 2 or 3 of them in the same car, but teamed up with gentleman drivers like Jochen Krumbach and the like.
So who are we thinking will be fighting for the overall victory;
Pheonix Audi R8s
Schubert BMW Z4s
anybody else??
Old 1 May 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3067895)   #1653
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
audi even if is running since 2009 with at least 4 factory cars, has never been good like porsche and bmw, last year won the class victory at least, but watching the 3 races of 2012 VLN i don't think they'll be able to win. In my opinion the fight will be between schubert z4 and the 997 where porsche will decide to insert their best drivers.
Old 1 May 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3067900)   #1654
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Just because someone runs a GT2 doesn't make the race anymore 'pure' or something...
Sorry it does in my world

Yes yes I know GT2s are balanced against GT3s. But in last year's post-qualifying adjustments they didn't treat the RSR / M3 / 458 GT2 as "just another GT3", but gave the entire GT3 field a 25 kg weight break against all of them. If ADAC was treating everyone as "just another GT3" I think they would've integrated GT2s into SP9 already and bopped them in usual random fashion
Old 1 May 2012, 17:10 (Ref:3067949)   #1655
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And now for something completely different:

Regarding the post qualifying adjustments, ADAC is clearly missing a big opportunity at the moment. Instead of keeping the changes in secrecy [from the average joe], the organizers should embrace the opportunity and hold a public announcement show on TV. Sport 1 would air an hour-long TV special , preferably on Friday night at 10PM after the quali sessions had ended.

You would have Christina Surer and her sidekick standing there on the pitlane, plus maybe Niki Lauda holding magician's hat in his hands. All the major SP9/8 etc team principals would be next to them, nervously waiting for the outcome. Lauda could ask stupid and totally unneseccary questions to fill up the time.

As a warm-up they would announce the adjustments everybody knows already, such as the pre-event BoP and automatic weight penalties for the pole sitter and so on, but then to the real deal: Christina randomly picks a piece of paper from the magician's hat and announces the first set of fresh adjustments for tomorrow's race (there would be at least 3-5 sets). Hans Stuck would hand a red rose for team personell who got lucky, and understanding hug for those not so fortunate. For security reasons mr Manthey's presence would be forbidden.

Hey, massive TV ratings are waiting... full of suprises and twist turns, it'll be like a hit reality show. Only lamer.

Last edited by Deleted; 1 May 2012 at 17:17.
Old 1 May 2012, 17:16 (Ref:3067953)   #1656
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
Pheonix Audi R8s
Schubert BMW Z4s
anybody else??
Seems pretty likely Heico, Rowe, and perhaps Black Falcon will be in contention for the podium, at least.
As for the victory, I'm not sure - their driver lineups don't seem as well-rounded as Phoenix or Schubert (stellar lineups, none the less).

Quote:
Sorry it does in my world

Yes yes I know GT2s are balanced against GT3s. But in last year's post-qualifying adjustments they didn't treat the RSR / M3 / 458 GT2 as "just another GT3", but gave the entire GT3 field a 25 kg weight break against all of them. If ADAC was treating everyone as "just another GT3" I think they would've integrated GT2s into SP9 already and bopped them in usual random fashion
What's that old saying about not biting the hand that feeds?
Old 1 May 2012, 18:44 (Ref:3067992)   #1657
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Regarding the post qualifying adjustments, ADAC is clearly missing a big opportunity at the moment. Instead of keeping the changes in secrecy [from the average joe], the organizers should embrace the opportunity and hold a public announcement show on TV. Sport 1 would air an hour-long TV special , preferably on Friday night at 10PM after the quali sessions had ended.

You would have Christina Surer and her sidekick standing there on the pitlane, plus maybe Niki Lauda holding magician's hat in his hands. All the major SP9/8 etc team principals would be next to them, nervously waiting for the outcome. Lauda could ask stupid and totally unneseccary questions to fill up the time.

As a warm-up they would announce the adjustments everybody knows already, such as the pre-event BoP and automatic weight penalties for the pole sitter and so on, but then to the real deal: Christina randomly picks a piece of paper from the magician's hat and announces the first set of fresh adjustments for tomorrow's race (there would be at least 3-5 sets). Hans Stuck would hand a red rose for team personell who got lucky, and understanding hug for those not so fortunate. For security reasons mr Manthey's presence would be forbidden.

Hey, massive TV ratings are waiting... full of suprises and twist turns, it'll be like a hit reality show. Only lamer.
That sounds like a show that would literally be watched by... several people. I love it!

When are you pitching this idea to the network?

Also, you changed your avatar. Who let this happen!?
Old 1 May 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3068002)   #1658
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
That sounds like a show that would literally be watched by... several people. I love it!

When are you pitching this idea to the network?

Also, you changed your avatar. Who let this happen!?
It would be very naive of me to think that high-ranking Germans aren't already making phone calls to make it happen...

You don't fancy this avatar? Of course the previous one(s) are still lying on my HD but I prefer to change things around from time to time. Plus the 2008 vette livery has always been my fav and this one just does it for me
Old 1 May 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3068006)   #1659
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Sounds like riveting viewing count me in. That could actually be quite entertaining..
Old 1 May 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3068011)   #1660
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
audi even if is running since 2009 with at least 4 factory cars, has never been good like porsche and bmw, last year won the class victory at least, but watching the 3 races of 2012 VLN i don't think they'll be able to win. In my opinion the fight will be between schubert z4 and the 997 where porsche will decide to insert their best drivers.
Since 2009 the winner was a GT2 car.. If no one enters a competitive car in GT2 class, Audi will have a good chance to win overall classement.
Old 1 May 2012, 19:31 (Ref:3068018)   #1661
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
Pheonix Audi R8s
Schubert BMW Z4s
anybody else??
Hmm, Schubert should be favourites, if they can keep the lead car going for 24 Hours, but I sort of favour Pheonix slightly based on my belief that they'll be able to keep both cars running for the duration. Will be good to resume the fight they were having at Spa last year though.

Other than that, there's the Heico Mercedes', but I'm not sure the tyres and car are that well matched just yet and they may well split their best drivers between the two, and you can never discount Manthey, even if they are running an amateur in each car. Part of me has an outside hope that they will run one all-pro car though; they've run Dumas, Bernhard, Lieb, Lietz, Holzer and Tandy already this year, and Long is joining for the 24 Hours I believe.

Dark horses have got to be the Magnussen, Milner and Westbrook Corvette, but they may well have taken delivery of that car too late to seriously challenge, Marc VDS who might not know the Nurburgring but certainly understand endurance racing, and Falken, who always seem to have a stellar lineup but never the luck.

Finally, the Rowe Mercedes with Graf and Jager might have a chance, depending on their partners, and the Raeder R8 has had a solid linup in VLN but not the results.
Old 1 May 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3068028)   #1662
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
I think the GT3 R is not the best car for 24 hours. The best finished 9th in 2011.

Have a look at the first two races of the VLN.. The front-running cars went into serious trouble.
Old 1 May 2012, 19:58 (Ref:3068046)   #1663
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
I think the GT3 R is not the best car for 24 hours. The best finished 9th in 2011.
True, but Manthey did withdraw theirs.
Old 1 May 2012, 20:40 (Ref:3068076)   #1664
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest i quite like the 24hrs being a GT3 battle even with performance balance and all that.

Its a good platform for all the major German manufacturers (who all have cars) to battle it out. I just wish Mercedes and Porsche would commit to full works supported teams. Imagine that:
Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Porsche works supported pro lineups going head to head around the ring for 24hours and the Spa 24 if i had my way.

Ill get on the phone now shall i.........
Old 1 May 2012, 23:38 (Ref:3068138)   #1665
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I'm just hoping for a good top 10 overall for the LFA and maybe an upset in the GT-86's SP3 class!
Old 2 May 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3068359)   #1666
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the 24h-battle get mostly between audi, bmw, porsche and mercedes benz, i think.

audi are very quick and got 7 starters, but with high fuel-consumption and less reliabilty and a very long distance-race especially on the nordschleife

bmw with the best handling in the curves, but less high-speed

porsche (manthey) with the best experiance on the nordschleife and less fuel-consumption

mercedes are also very quick, but no win at a 24h-race by now

the race with show with their danger and the special road, what happen. mostly at night! ;-)

for bad weather-conditions also the falken-porsche and the audi tt rs are favorites in my opinion.

btw. 224 cars will be driven at the 24h-classics on friday morning. the fhr and youngtimer put their starterlist online:
http://fhr-online.de/cms/upload/Down...assic_2012.pdf
http://www.youngtimertrophy.de/image...assic_2012.pdf
Old 2 May 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3068362)   #1667
Deleted
Veteran

Don't worry, even if this race goes down to sewer for Audi, they still get an easy opportunity to win Spa 24 if and when SRO issues that stupid 65min / mandatory pitstop rule again...
Old 2 May 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3068383)   #1668
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just want to point out that black falcon Mercedes won the Dubai 24 hour this year. So even with the funky rules they still have won a 24 hour race
Old 2 May 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3068385)   #1669
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
I just want to point out that black falcon Mercedes won the Dubai 24 hour this year. So even with the funky rules they still have won a 24 hour race
this is true but they didn't face other strong and official teams. In my opinion AF Corse next year should consider to enter in SP8 with a pair of 458 GT
Old 2 May 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3068446)   #1670
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Quote:
...if and when SRO issues that stupid 65min / mandatory pitstop rule again...
it's already in place for the whole BES season - i agree, stupid, stupid rule
Old 2 May 2012, 19:44 (Ref:3068450)   #1671
alexkiller8
Veteran

the 65 min rule in my opinion is not stupid, is usefull to make drive all 3 drivers of a line-up for enough time to let score points to all them in a 3 hour race, but this rule become in my opinion useless in 24h races.
Old 2 May 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3068452)   #1672
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
it's already in place for the whole BES season
Oh... I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
the 65 min rule in my opinion is not stupid, is usefull to make drive all 3 drivers of a line-up for enough time to let score points to all them in a 3 hour race, but this rule become in my opinion useless in 24h races.
You do understand that it favours those with higher fuel consumption...
Old 2 May 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3068456)   #1673
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
I call it BoP *lol*
Old 2 May 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3068458)   #1674
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
I call it BoP *lol*
Yes me too but they could've just given Audi a bigger fuel tank or something similary stupid, instead of artificially changing the rhytm of the race for everyone...
Old 2 May 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3068459)   #1675
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes me too but they could've just given Audi a bigger fuel tank or something similary stupid, instead of artificially changing the rhytm of the race for everyone...
Audi already has a 120l tank, that's about as big as it gets in GT-racing.