Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 May 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3068465)   #1676
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Audi already has a 120l tank, that's about as big as it gets in GT-racing.
A couple of turbolaser batteries, twin jet engines and 50 meter wide rear wing to give some downforce then... should be enough I think
Old 2 May 2012, 20:17 (Ref:3068471)   #1677
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
You do understand that it favours those with higher fuel consumption...
not necessarly, i guess that teams who use a car with lower fuel consumaption don't refuel completly the car during the pits, but jutst refuel enough liters to run at least 65 min. Maybe this rule favours the teams with lower fuel consumaption that can do shorter pit stop than other cars that must refuel almost completly the car (more liters to refuel = longer pit stop). BTW i think that is hard to understand the fuel consumation of a car also for the teams, because beyond the engine displacement, a car that uses short restrictors like the sls (2x35 against 2x52 of audi at example) may consume more fuel to obtain more power
Old 2 May 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3068489)   #1678
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the starterlist was leaked: http://www.98olli.de/vorlaufig..LIST...DA24HS2012.pdf
Old 2 May 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3068493)   #1679
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
wow, look at #10 and 11! So much for no Factory Porsche involvement.

And why is the 'monster' with #1?
Old 2 May 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3068509)   #1680
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Completely forgot about Young Driver AMR. How will the Aston fair around the ring, cant think they have done any 24hr races with that new V12 Vantage yet. Presuming reliability will be a problem.
Old 2 May 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3068518)   #1681
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Counted only 176 cars... was hoping for few more after the last VLN rounds

E1XP - 1x
SP10 - 12x
SP9 - 31x
SP8 - 6x
SP8T - 2x
SP7 - 20x
SP6 - 6x
SP5 - 7x
SP4 - 1x
SP4T - 8x
SP3 - 16x
SP3T - 15x
SP2T - 8x
D3T - 3x
D1T - 1x
AT - 6x
V6 - 11x
V5 - 8x
V4 - 10x
V3 - 4x

Generally a bit less exciting than in previous years at the front, but I'll root for P4/5 and some of the funkier cars in smaller sedan and tc categories... and the SP8/9 callaway vettes, the latter for the drivers

Last edited by Deleted; 2 May 2012 at 22:20.
Old 2 May 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3068525)   #1682
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your really not a fan of GT3(SP8) are you Chiana

The Haribo Callway Corvette has a distinctly 'Corvette Racing' feel to its driver lineup. Whats the deal with that arrangement??
Old 2 May 2012, 22:52 (Ref:3068526)   #1683
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why less exciting?

A lot of top contenders:

- P 4/5 - 1
- Audi - 2, 3, 4, 9, 26
- Porsche - 8, 10, 11, 44
- Aston - 6, 7
- BMW - 19, 20, 29
- Mercedes - 22, 65, 66
- Corvette - 90

2nd Group:
- Nissan - 23
- Porsche 12, 14, 27, 28
- Audi - 24, 25
- BMW - 17, 18
- Mercedes - 21
- Ford GT - 777

Some good attractions:

- Aston Martin - 5
- McLaren - 30, 69
- Lexus - 83
- Audi TTRS - 110, 111
- Nissan - 123
- Subaru - 133

Shame that Volkswagen is no longer taking their Scirocco with factory guys, it seems.
But there should be more entries coming in, no?
Old 2 May 2012, 22:53 (Ref:3068527)   #1684
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
Your really not a fan of GT3(SP8) are you Chiana

The Haribo Callway Corvette has a distinctly 'Corvette Racing' feel to its driver lineup. Whats the deal with that arrangement??
Gummy Bear guy paying for a GT3 Corvette, it seems. He still has his chew toy in #8.
Old 2 May 2012, 23:45 (Ref:3068544)   #1685
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
yep, seems that way. The story last week went that Westbroo0k is sponsored by Haribo UK and had a hand in getting the other GM guys along for the effort too.

Thrilled that the entry list has TWO all pro Porsches for Manthey, just as I'd hoped for.
Old 3 May 2012, 03:09 (Ref:3068567)   #1686
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Counted only 176 cars... was hoping for few more after the last VLN rounds

E1XP - 1x
SP10 - 12x
SP9 - 31x
SP8 - 6x
SP8T - 2x
SP7 - 20x
SP6 - 6x
SP5 - 7x
SP4 - 1x
SP4T - 8x
SP3 - 16x
SP3T - 15x
SP2T - 8x
D3T - 3x
D1T - 1x
AT - 6x
V6 - 11x
V5 - 8x
V4 - 10x
V3 - 4x

Generally a bit less exciting than in previous years at the front, but I'll root for P4/5 and some of the funkier cars in smaller sedan and tc categories... and the SP8/9 callaway vettes, the latter for the drivers
The ADAC, in an act of brilliance decided to limit entries to something below 200.

I know its a long shot but I'd like to see the Kremer Porsche GT3 KR pull of an upset.
Old 3 May 2012, 04:52 (Ref:3068572)   #1687
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
wow, look at #10 and 11! So much for no Factory Porsche involvement.
To paraphrase a well-known video game character, Porsche would now say "Due to a required test protocol, our statement that we would be ending our factory involvement in the N24 was an outright fabrication".
Old 3 May 2012, 06:12 (Ref:3068582)   #1688
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
The ADAC, in an act of brilliance decided to limit entries to something below 200.
Not that it would've mattered here right now, but why??!!? This is almost as stupid as FIA with their single pit lane Spa 6 hours
Old 3 May 2012, 06:22 (Ref:3068587)   #1689
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Looking at the lineups in #10 and #11 it seems that Porsche arent holding back at all . Hope Glickenhaus's P4/5C does well, I dont think it'll be in contention for the win but a podium would be an awesome result for them.

Im keeping an eye out for the Haribo Corvette, not just another Porsche etc and Im a fan of the drivers racing it so I really hope for them to do well.

I notice Michael Krumm is in the Team Nissan GT-R.

I think either of the Schubert cars, the above mentioned Manthey Porsches, the #65 Heico Mercedes and the #2 Phoenix Audi will be favourites in my eyes. Would like to see Heico win to watch Norbert Haug go on a hugging rampage again A dark horse could be the WRT Audi, its got a strong driver lineup but then again WRT have never raced N24 before, correct me if Im wrong, so that wont help them.
Old 3 May 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3068785)   #1690
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not that it would've mattered here right now, but why??!!? This is almost as stupid as FIA with their single pit lane Spa 6 hours
They share pit stalls and do split starts anyways, I don't know why other than to limit the traffic density. A few years ago they started about 260 cars. For me it takes a bit of excitement out of the race as one of the attractions was the traffic density.
Old 3 May 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3069031)   #1691
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Shame that Volkswagen is no longer taking their Scirocco with factory guys, it seems.
Still driver places to confirm:
http://www.lms-engineering.de/?page_id=7
Old 4 May 2012, 01:09 (Ref:3069056)   #1692
morningview66
Racer

I am surprised there are no Ferrari 458 GT3's entered for the 24hr race. Is there any particular reason for this??
Old 4 May 2012, 01:42 (Ref:3069058)   #1693
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You do understand that it favours those with higher fuel consumption...
Clearly you don't know a single thing about the BES championship, but if it's making you happy complaining about something you can't understand, well go on. I agree it's taking away the excitement of cars consuming less fuel and thus making less pitstops than other cars. The 65 minutes rule only decreases the advantage of a lower fuel consumption. For exemple, Porsche are running with less fuel (which makes them faster on track of course) and so their pitstops are shorter. I don't know what the advantage really is, but it should still give them about 10 seconds per stint.

If you want to complain about the BoP, you should take a look at the WEC, where everybody seems to be ignoring the fact that there is a BoP. Ferrari obviously has the better car, but they are outpaced in Free Practice by Porsche and Aston Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
not necessarly, i guess that teams who use a car with lower fuel consumaption don't refuel completly the car during the pits, but jutst refuel enough liters to run at least 65 min. Maybe this rule favours the teams with lower fuel consumaption that can do shorter pit stop than other cars that must refuel almost completly the car (more liters to refuel = longer pit stop). BTW i think that is hard to understand the fuel consumation of a car also for the teams, because beyond the engine displacement, a car that uses short restrictors like the sls (2x35 against 2x52 of audi at example) may consume more fuel to obtain more power
Completly agree with that mate.

Grtz.

Last edited by GregoryDG; 4 May 2012 at 01:47.
Old 4 May 2012, 01:48 (Ref:3069062)   #1694
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Let's say they make up 10 seconds per pitstop over the competition (and that's probably too much, we're only talking about a difference of 10-15 litres I would guess), they still don't make up the time they would if they could avoid stopping two or three times over 24 hours.
Old 4 May 2012, 01:55 (Ref:3069063)   #1695
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Let's say they make up 10 seconds per pitstop over the competition (and that's probably too much, we're only talking about a difference of 10-15 litres I would guess), they still don't make up the time they would if they could avoid stopping two or three times over 24 hours.
You're right, but what would be exciting about Porsche having a 3 lap advantage even before the race has started, just because they have to stop two or three times less over 24 hours? I know they should have that advantage as they built a better car, but will the crowd appreciate a race where a single brand has a similar advantage?
Old 4 May 2012, 05:20 (Ref:3069096)   #1696
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
Ferrari obviously has the better car, but they are outpaced in Free Practice by Porsche and Aston Martin.

Jeezus!...It is only FREE PRACTICE!!! Wait for the Qualy.
Who was the quickest at Portimao?
Old 4 May 2012, 05:22 (Ref:3069097)   #1697
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
You're right, but what would be exciting about Porsche having a 3 lap advantage even before the race has started, just because they have to stop two or three times less over 24 hours? I know they should have that advantage as they built a better car, but will the crowd appreciate a race where a single brand has a similar advantage?
I wonder if you would complain if it were Ferrari in Porsche's shoes?
Old 4 May 2012, 09:01 (Ref:3069168)   #1698
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:

If you want to complain about the BoP, you should take a look at the WEC, where everybody seems to be ignoring the fact that there is a BoP. Ferrari obviously has the better car, but they are outpaced in Free Practice by Porsche
Oh look! Ferrari completely outpaced the Porsche in the second free practice.
Old 4 May 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3069219)   #1699
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
the BoP of the WEC is totally different to the 24h @ Nürburgring:

http://private.fia.com/web/fia-publi...-LMGTE-BOP.pdf
http://www.vln.de/includes/download....n/2012-BoP.pdf

so i think, it just don't make sense to drive the N24 with a ferrari, because the BoP there prefers the german brands audi, porsche, bmw and mercedes.
Old 4 May 2012, 10:15 (Ref:3069235)   #1700
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babapapa View Post
the BoP of the WEC is totally different to the 24h @ Nürburgring:

http://private.fia.com/web/fia-publi...-LMGTE-BOP.pdf
www.vln.de/includes/download.php?file=../bin/2012-BoP.pdf

so i think, it just don't make sense to drive the N24 with a ferrari, because the BoP there prefers the german brands audi, porsche, bmw and mercedes.
disagree, last year the 458 hankook did good races in VLN and marked the pole of the 24H. Because of bop is 55kg heavier than a standard GTE car, but has larger restrictors that should guarantee the same power-to-weight ratio. Also the 430 cars that ran in 2010 had a good pace