Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who's going to win it?
Lotus 3 2.27%
Rebellion 3 2.27%
Porsche 23 17.42%
Audi 59 44.70%
Toyota 44 33.33%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Apr 2014, 20:36 (Ref:3394096)   #301
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Nope detour time...
that is a bit well....dissapointing!

I only asked becuase Ill arrive there at around 10 when the pit walk starts so was planning to run quickly and cross over..but now it seems I'll have to dash quickly around the circuit, well i guess that way i'll get accusotmed to the track
Old 17 Apr 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3394097)   #302
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post

I only asked becuase Ill arrive there at around 10 when the pit walk starts so was planning to run quickly and cross over..but now it seems I'll have to dash quickly around the circuit, well i guess that way i'll get accusotmed to the track
In 2012 there were busses running from the parking lot to the paddock but they were far and between and often very crowded. If you can get a bicycle somehow that would be ideal.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3394098)   #303
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
In 2012 there were busses running from the parking lot to the paddock but they were far and between and often very crowded. If you can get a bicycle somehow that would be ideal.
Hmmmmm Hope I get lucky with the bus..I can take being crowded for a few minutes.

You reckon they will take it lightly or not notice if I just jump over the fence and run accross the track?
Old 17 Apr 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3394112)   #304
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post

There should be a free shuttle bus service running on Sunday and possibly Saturday.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3394143)   #305
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Nope detour time...

Silverstone is IMO really unfriendly to the spectating public. You're miles offtrack and you have no ways to take shortcuts to get to other parts of the circuit.
Absolutely right if you're trying to get to the infield area, which involves a long trek whichever way look at it.

But stick to the outside and circumnavigate the track and you discover a lot - there's a lot of variety to it, and some interesting perspectives.

I generally approach it with fairly rigorously managed expectations and as a result can generally count on having an enjoyable time.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 05:51 (Ref:3394212)   #306
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
the pit walk was very popular last year and the queue very long so it took ages for people to get in
Old 18 Apr 2014, 05:51 (Ref:3394213)   #307
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well packing done and will be leaving soon
Old 18 Apr 2014, 06:08 (Ref:3394214)   #308
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just a quick note to say that I hope you all have a great weekend - I'll be thinking of you!
Old 18 Apr 2014, 06:53 (Ref:3394224)   #309
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Thanks for that Andrew, just have to run through a few more checks on the car dry and make sure roof dry then it is top down and off to pick up Ian, oh via Tesco's fuel station as usual the wife only lets me have the nice car when the tank needs filling up
Old 18 Apr 2014, 06:55 (Ref:3394225)   #310
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Thanks for that Andrew, just have to run through a few more checks on the car dry and make sure roof dry then it is top down and off to pick up Ian, oh via Tesco's fuel station as usual the wife only lets me have the nice car when the tank needs filling up
Right, that's a prompt to me to crack on with feeding the cat and getting ready!
Old 18 Apr 2014, 07:00 (Ref:3394228)   #311
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
don't worry takes time to check things then pack the car in a way that lets me put the roof down
Old 18 Apr 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3394248)   #312
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't forget the sarnies at Tescos!
Old 18 Apr 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3394256)   #313
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Ok guys, have fun in Silverstone, I will try to follow as much as possible at home, I try to be fit soon again so I can hopefully be at Spa as intended.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 08:19 (Ref:3394262)   #314
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Same as my wife then, along with empty washer bottle and any other little things that do not bother her :-) on the other hand she has taken our daughter to visit friends for a,few days and left me and Harry to go to a toy steam do tomorrow and Silverstone on Sunday so filling fuel and washer tanks is a small price.

We will see people on Sunday, whatever the weather. My first Le Mans was 1980 when we wore motorcycle waterproof s for 24 hours and Harry's first major race was Silverstone 1000 kms in 1985 when he was 8 and neither put either of us off.

Sean
Old 18 Apr 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3394275)   #315
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Counting down the hours at work today, it's like Christmas Eve.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:15 (Ref:3394350)   #316
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Where and when was the proposed Tenths meet by the way?
Was anything ever decided upon? (I'll be there Sat and Sun)
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3394351)   #317
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Was anything ever decided upon? (I'll be there Sat and Sun)
11.30am at Club Corner on the Sunday I'm told...
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3394369)   #318
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's only the first practice and the audis already are in the 1:44s, like they were in qualifying last year. that's not bad.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:37 (Ref:3394370)   #319
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Wasn't qualifying last year on a wet/drying track? I expect the ultimate times to be quicker regardless.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:40 (Ref:3394373)   #320
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fastest time from 2013 was a 1.42.7 (during the dry race ).
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3394374)   #321
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was drying, for a short* amount of time it looked like if the rain didn't ease we'd have a GT on pole.

*Five minutes.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 11:46 (Ref:3394377)   #322
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Both Audis and one Porsche into the 1:44s--Toyota 0.7 off, Rebellion 1.1 off.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 12:12 (Ref:3394384)   #323
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like you do have to pay for the live timing, even on a PC; anybody got a link to an alternative live timing/free version?
Old 18 Apr 2014, 12:12 (Ref:3394385)   #324
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Toyota into the 44s. That'll be 4.99 euros please
Old 18 Apr 2014, 12:13 (Ref:3394386)   #325
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now Toyota, Porsche, and Audi all hitting 1:44s. Pretty good stuff for a bunch of electric cars.