Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who's going to win it?
Lotus 3 2.27%
Rebellion 3 2.27%
Porsche 23 17.42%
Audi 59 44.70%
Toyota 44 33.33%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Apr 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3391933)   #101
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nah, superb view, you can follow about 2/3rd of the race from your seat. I'm afraid it's obligatory Simon, you have to sit there with the ticket you've got.......
Old 13 Apr 2014, 13:51 (Ref:3391950)   #102
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nah, superb view, you can follow about 2/3rd of the race from your seat. I'm afraid it's obligatory Simon, you have to sit there with the ticket you've got.......
I know i will do it but i can't do it for long, it is to me a bit like having several screens all showing different things at the same time you end up trying to follow them all and therefore miss everything, i think it is to much for my brain to take i like things simple like at club where you see the cars coming they do a bit of the bendy stuff then head of again, plus you can see those pitting. Yes becketts is fun for a while but i prefer other places, for those that like the instant gratification of the feeder series it is perfect but for people that prefer to see things in more detail each to their own i guess
Old 13 Apr 2014, 14:52 (Ref:3391975)   #103
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quite true!
Old 13 Apr 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3391981)   #104
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Old 13 Apr 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3391989)   #105
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://abload.de/img/img_12926sjis.jpg

I prefer a small Hole in the Fence
Old 14 Apr 2014, 08:03 (Ref:3392243)   #106
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's great. All SMP Racing teams are in threat of leaving racing because of that EU and US "sanctions". My applause to that bold mixing of politics and sports. You've spoiled the whole year. And your double standards are unbelievably stupid.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 08:57 (Ref:3392262)   #107
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And now back to the topic please.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3392383)   #108
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If a pile of SMP cars get pulled from Silverstone then it is relevant to the thread. Have to admit I don't really understand what SMP were saying with their statement earlier today?

A bit of news on it here: http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/20...ure-sanctions/

(Sorry, pressed edit instead of quote!)

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Apr 2014 at 13:37.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3392392)   #109
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
If a pile of SMP cars get pulled from Silverstone then it is relevant to the thread.
To a degree. I and the other mods have the call on that though.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3392393)   #110
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not really sure if it's a move that will have Putin quaking in his boots, but hey ho, I don't think anything can be done about it.

That's a few cars chalked off both entry lists this weekend, then.

Unless there's enough spare cash to see them through the weekend? They must have been close to setting off for Silverstone when they received the news.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3392398)   #111
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's very unclear. Can't find anything in the wording that says they will actually miss the event. But let's see.

Sorry Ayse - wasn't trying to argue. Don't know enough about the political side to even pass comment. I'm just here for the racing.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3392400)   #112
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No worries - the ramifications - fine, but the politicking hasn't really got a place here.....
Old 14 Apr 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3392409)   #113
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anyone know when the gates will be open for the teams to go in and setup?
Old 14 Apr 2014, 15:06 (Ref:3392416)   #114
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strakka are out.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 15:08 (Ref:3392417)   #115
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
https://www.facebook.com/strakka.rac...if_t=notify_me

Strakka Racing will not race at Silverstone & Spa
Old 14 Apr 2014, 15:10 (Ref:3392420)   #116
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Does anyone know when the gates will be open for the teams to go in and setup?
at a guess, wednesday. thursday is sign on, scrutineering, etc.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 15:24 (Ref:3392426)   #117
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
at a guess, wednesday. thursday is sign on, scrutineering, etc.
Thanks! My guess too.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3392428)   #118
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
https://www.facebook.com/strakka.rac...if_t=notify_me

Strakka Racing will not race at Silverstone & Spa
Disappointing news from Strakka. Appreciate it's a complex package but missing both Silverstone and Spa indicates that there's something really not right there.

Again curious about when the rule that a car couldn't debut at Le Mans got quietly shelved - I'm all for making it as easy as possible for entrants but focusing their minds so they make the effort to shake it down under race conditions before June seems like a good idea, especially as you've got options at Silverstone, Spa, and Imola for an LMP2.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3392430)   #119
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's very disappointing news
Old 14 Apr 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3392431)   #120
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't know that rule, only allowed 2 engines for the whole season now due to the car missing the prologue. I guess that will also apply to Rebellion & Lotus, and all other teams not at Paul Ricard. ( not sure about Rebellion, they were there but the new car wasn't )....
Old 14 Apr 2014, 15:53 (Ref:3392434)   #121
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is getting incredibly frustrating for any fan wanting to turn up to any rounds before Le Mans.

I know there are good arguments against it, but I really hope the winter series idea kicks off.

Lotus, Strakka and possibly the SMP entries missing - we're looking at a very disappointing turn out now.

27 cars isn't enough for 6 hour race on a circuit as large as Silverstone.

Last edited by Gingers4Justice; 14 Apr 2014 at 16:01.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 15:54 (Ref:3392436)   #122
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Another big loss, seems very late to make an announcement like that, i expect we will find out more later
Old 14 Apr 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3392438)   #123
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
" A further aspect in the decision is to ensure the team can complete the season with the allocated engine allowance the team now has. FIA WEC Championship regulations mandate that teams not attending the official Prologue Test can only use two engines for the season. Having missed that event, Strakka Racing was mindful that its two engine allocation is best used with a fully sorted and competitive car. “This rule means we now only have two engines for the series and we have to make the most of those "

The more i read that the more bizzare a ruling it appears to be.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 15:59 (Ref:3392439)   #124
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
I didn't know that rule, only allowed 2 engines for the whole season now due to the car missing the prologue. I guess that will also apply to Rebellion & Lotus, and all other teams not at Paul Ricard. ( not sure about Rebellion, they were there but the new car wasn't )....
I don't understand the thinking behind that rule at all. Seems like the series is cutting off its nose to spite its face. I know they wanted teams to turn up for the Prologue, but surely this rule only encourages teams to skip the early rounds as well?
Old 14 Apr 2014, 16:02 (Ref:3392441)   #125
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Does anyone know, off the top of their head, what the penalty is for using more than your allocation of engines?

It's especially curious as the Dome was clearly capable of showing up at the Prologue - you'd have thought that there was a real incentive to appear, even if only to do a couple of slow installation laps, and manage to have the full number of engines available.

The more one thinks about this one the more odd it appears.