Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 12 Jun 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3261424)   #1676
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Well finally he show up!!!!!!

My favorite car so far, there are a few hits of the RS Spyder

I will have a nice day now

Porsche rules!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny that. The "Audi set" cant seem to see the similarities between this and the RS Spyder.. I think it's pretty obvious to us Porschephiles.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 11:31 (Ref:3261429)   #1677
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Porsche Moustache R18 with huge manga eyes.
LMP1 like a sir.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3261432)   #1678
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The monocoque of the new Porsche seems to be similar to the monocoque of the Audi (look at the front).
Old 12 Jun 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3261438)   #1679
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Here are the hi-res versions from Facebook:

http://i.imgur.com/yciKjQx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OoKgyKg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mn2vXE7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2NgkbmM.jpg

You can see the Adidas logo there. Title sponsor?
Old 12 Jun 2013, 11:44 (Ref:3261443)   #1680
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yet another confirmation to myself that I over-reacted with the whole BHH and BHF thing...that car is absolutely beautiful in my eyes, not beautiful because it looks like an older prototype, just beautiful as a modern LMP car.

Enjoy all this while it lasts, and don't take it for granted, guys. The excitement and anticipation of a three-way manufacturer battle is not too common at Le Mans - I think 2014 will be a very special year.

RE Adidas, they've sponsored Porsche for years but I don't think they'll be a title sponsor.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 11:49 (Ref:3261444)   #1681
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apparently the engine configuration may be a surprise to some.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3261446)   #1682
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Porsche Moustache

Ferdinand approves this moustache
Old 12 Jun 2013, 11:52 (Ref:3261448)   #1683
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
might look worse than what we initially saw in it, in this picture it looks like it possesses the same lister-style, boxy front fenders as the toyota ts030:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...66676105_n.jpg

also, they really seem to be hiding something at the rear.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 11:55 (Ref:3261451)   #1684
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
The cockpit looks noticeably higher in relation to the top of the front fenders than the R18. Is this a 2014 rule change to allow them to see where they are going? Or am I imagining it?
That was the first thing I noticed. It looks like the driver can actually see over the front wheels.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3261453)   #1685
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
@sssssssss : I see what you mean!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 11:59 (Ref:3261454)   #1686
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
RE Adidas, they've sponsored Porsche for years but I don't think they'll be a title sponsor.
Maybe Mobil1 then, but if they're not going to have a title sponsor, then I would find that really alarming. Most prestigious brand in LM history and nobody would want to sponsor them!? I know Audi likes to put their own tech brands all of over their fins but I think it is simply more about nobody coming to them and offering a large enough bag of sponsorship money.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3261459)   #1687
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssss View Post
might look worse than what we initially saw in it, in this picture it looks like it possesses the same lister-style, boxy front fenders as the toyota ts030:

also, they really seem to be hiding something at the rear.
From what FB page is that pic from?
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:10 (Ref:3261461)   #1688
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
That's an official Porsche photo.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3261464)   #1689
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
IMSA Performance Matmut have just posted it, not sure if it was on another one first though.

*edit* - see above
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3261467)   #1690
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Maybe Mobil1 then, but if they're not going to have a title sponsor, then I would find that really alarming. Most prestigious brand in LM history and nobody would want to sponsor them!? I know Audi likes to put their own tech brands all of over their fins but I think it is simply more about nobody coming to them and offering a large enough bag of sponsorship money.
A lot of factory teams don't have title sponsors though, it's not necessarily a problem. In the modern era, Mercedes, Nissan, Bentley, Corvette and Aston Martin have all happily raced with no title sponsor in the past.

They might go for a title sponsor, they might not. They may want a clear-looking car and for the main point to be about the fact it's a hybrid, not that it's sponsored by an Oil company. Maybe they want the cash. Who knows. But if Porsche don't have a title sponsor, it will be because they don't want one.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3261468)   #1691
Velociraptor
Racer

Croatia
Velociraptor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Apparently the engine configuration may be a surprise to some.

NA V8?
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3261469)   #1692
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
IMSA Performance Matmut have just posted it, not sure if it was on another one first though.
Here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...1630313&type=1

No other pics.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3261470)   #1693
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssss View Post
The front looks completely different from that angle.

I agree that there is some resemblence with the Lister Storm LMP Hybrid:
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3261472)   #1694
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Bigger version on EI website:

The English press release is available on http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...cus-18792.html
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3261474)   #1695
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
How big is the BHH on that car? It looks like a manhole!!

edit: see Gwyllions pic
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:22 (Ref:3261475)   #1696
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

i agree with you!
the le mans 2014 sounds to be great !!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3261480)   #1697
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Funny that. The "Audi set" cant seem to see the similarities between this and the RS Spyder.. I think it's pretty obvious to us Porschephiles.
Yes indeed
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3261485)   #1698
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Interesting to see it being left-hand drive. All Porsche prototypes have been right-hand drives.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3261486)   #1699
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
The heavy Hybrid system will be on the right then?

Edit: how can you tell? I can't see through the shine on the windscreen.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3261487)   #1700
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
A lot of factory teams don't have title sponsors though, it's not necessarily a problem. In the modern era, Mercedes, Nissan, Bentley, Corvette and Aston Martin have all happily raced with no title sponsor in the past.

They might go for a title sponsor, they might not. They may want a clear-looking car and for the main point to be about the fact it's a hybrid, not that it's sponsored by an Oil company. Maybe they want the cash. Who knows. But if Porsche don't have a title sponsor, it will be because they don't want one.
What kind of manufacturer prefers to spend their own money to race if they can spend someone else's (sponsor's) money? In F1 all manufacturers have title or other major sponsors. Recently only Honda was without one with their stupid "Earth car" livery. Same for Group C heydays, but Mercedes being the exception.

Aesthetics as a reason to turn down a big [enough] sponsorship deal just doesn't sound believable as long as a it's not a condom brand or something. To me it is really simple: if they won't have a title sponsor, the reason is that WEC/LM is not interesting enough place to sponsor, and that would be worrying.