Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Oct 2005, 07:13 (Ref:1427018)   #1
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...Brock's view.................................

credit to www,seven.com.au........

Brock tips Lowndes for V8 victory
Date: 07/10/05
By Todd Balym

Bathurst legend Peter Brock believes Ford's Craig Lowndes is the man to beat for the Bathurst 1000 this weekend..

But the nine-times Bathurst winner has hedged his bets and also believes young Holden gun James Courtney could become the first V8 Supercar debutant to win the race with 58-year-old veteran Jim Richards..
Lowndes won the mountain race in 1996 but despite being runner-up the last two year's with Glenn Seton, he has not had the right package to win the race since defecting to Ford in 2001.

Already Lowndes has grabbed provisional pole position in his Betta Electrical Falcon and has consistently been the fastest car on the mountain.

Holden has won the last six Bathurst 1000, including the back-to-back victories by Greg Murphy and Rick Kelly, who each chase a hat-trick with separate teams this weekend.

But Brock believes the running is with Lowndes, who with French co-driver Yvan Muller won the Sandown 500 last month, but he more than anyone knows there are a lot of factors that must come together to win Bathurst.

"Craig is running pretty hot this weekend," said Brock.

"Craig is an excellent driver but there is lot more to winning the race than having the lead driver going fast.

"The co-driver must drive well and of course your pit crew needs to turn things around quickly and have a great pit strategy.

"I think Craig has got a very healthy approach. He has got the approach that says `I just love doing it, let me out there, it's a privilege to be here'.

"All he needs to know is that the car under him is doing what he is asking it to do. If your mind is distracted and he has been distracted the last few years you don't get the results."

Not since V8 Supercars were introduced in 1993 has a debutant won the toughest race in Australia.

Courtney, who leads the Japanese Super GT championship by eight points with two rounds remaining, is well placed to do that partnered with a seven-times winner Richards and posting top-10 times already this weekend.

"If there is ever going to be a debut victory it will be James Courtney," said Brock.

"He has the best chance of record that we have seen in last few years. Ambrose was the last one to come along and he missed his chance.

"(Courtney) can steer a motor car and has that knack of getting in unfamiliar territory, both with the car and track and come up smelling roses."

Brock, meanwhile, fired a broadside at championship leaders Marcos Ambrose and Russell Ingall saying they have come to the mountain with the wrong attitude.

Both Ford drivers have recruited non-fulltime V8 series drivers, with Ambrose's partner Warren Luff driving in the development series and Ingall's co-driver Luke Youlden from the Carrera Cup, and both have put greater emphasis on the championship than the biggest race of the year.

"I would not say (they're) bad (decisions), I would say it is in some way limiting their ability," said Brock.

"I would not consider that (racing for the championship). Once you start getting involved in knowing how your mind creates the outcome you should not allow yourself to think that, because you disqualify yourself.

"I would be saying lets have a red hot go and get stuck in this weekend. Lets get into every corner, clip every kerb, lift every wheel over every part of the track we can and make every part of this track work for us.

"Once a driver has a veracious appetite for it works."

Copyright © 2005 AAP, Seven Network (Operations) Ltd

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 10:14 (Ref:1427101)   #2
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good thoughts
I too think the two jims can do it
Old 8 Oct 2005, 10:32 (Ref:1427117)   #3
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brock might have won 9 Bathursts, but those were stand alone races, not part of a championship series. And before you bleat about the "Endurance championship", please spare me.

It is nice for Peter to slip a comment in, and why shouldn't he, he mentored Craig, and quite well, they both smile for the camera so well.

The man needs to get over it all, I mean if Stevo wasn't in the frame, PB would love to be in Jum's seat, i'm sure of it, let it go Brockie, your era is past.

Last edited by marcus; 8 Oct 2005 at 20:53. Reason: comments like that are not needed or wanted here thank you very much !!!!!!!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1427193)   #4
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker

Brock might have won 9 Bathursts, but those were stand alone races, not part of a championship series. And before you bleat about the "Endurance championship", please spare me.

It is nice for Peter to slip a comment in, and why shouldn't he, he mentored Craig, and quite well, they both smile for the camera so well.

The man needs to get over it all, I mean if Stevo wasn't in the frame, PB would love to be in Jum's seat, i'm sure of it, let it go Brockie, your era is past.
Geez Cranker, I think the only one who needs to get over it here maybe you. Talk about playing the man, he has every right to put his thoughts on the race without that sort of crap. What he has or hasn't done in the past has little relevance to the comments he was making.

Last edited by marcus; 8 Oct 2005 at 20:54. Reason: editted out quoted comments
Old 8 Oct 2005, 12:23 (Ref:1427225)   #5
spook
Veteran

spook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like "Polarized" opinions here - quick, quick, where's my little black box - it has all the answers !!!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 12:25 (Ref:1427227)   #6
spook
Veteran

spook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bugger - the crystals are not aligned with the moon phases and the "energy aura" - maybe next year?.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1427237)   #7
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook
Sounds like "Polarized" opinions here - quick, quick, where's my little black box - it has all the answers !!!
Nup, couldn't really give a rats, just thought Cranker was over the top.

Mate the crystals will all line up tomorrow if Seto stands on the top step. And thats from a Holden man.
Old 8 Oct 2005, 14:34 (Ref:1427335)   #8
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro/www.seven.com.au
Once you start getting involved in knowing how your mind creates the outcome you should not allow yourself to think that, because you disqualify yourself.
Ok, can anyone tell me what this means??? Brocky can be a bit of a space cadet at times!
Old 8 Oct 2005, 15:08 (Ref:1427351)   #9
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
Ok, can anyone tell me what this means??? Brocky can be a bit of a space cadet at times!
He was probably referring to a negative mindset.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 07:45 (Ref:1427920)   #10
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Monaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brockys a Legend but thank God he was wrong with this prediction
Old 9 Oct 2005, 07:54 (Ref:1427931)   #11
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brock is now pushing Tin Shed's... He reomends the Brocky Special.. It's got an exta latge window for added light...

Every bloody ad break we had Sir Peter fronting the ad for 'fairdinkum sheds" which looked like the owners son had filmed it on a handycam.

You'd think Holden would look after their legends a bit better, having to sell himself on the street to anybody throwing a buck his way is horrible.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 07:56 (Ref:1427932)   #12
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Monaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli
Brock is now pushing Tin Shed's... He reomends the Brocky Special.. It's got an exta latge window for added light...

Every bloody ad break we had Sir Peter fronting the ad for 'fairdinkum sheds" which looked like the owners son had filmed it on a handycam.

You'd think Holden would look after their legends a bit better, having to sell himself on the street to anybody throwing a buck his way is horrible.
Probably wants the money for his new Mount Condo
Old 9 Oct 2005, 08:03 (Ref:1427944)   #13
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro
Probably wants the money for his new Mount Condo
Eh?
Old 9 Oct 2005, 08:04 (Ref:1427946)   #14
Monaro
Racer