Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Sep 2013, 07:19 (Ref:3299245)   #1
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo vs Vettel 2014

Now that the dust has settled, what's Daniel's chances of getting a fair shake of the sauce bottle over Vettel? Mr no spine has assured everyone that Vettel will not get preferential treatment, and Daniel will get the same KERS unit as Vettel next year.

http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/07986
Old 5 Sep 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3299296)   #2
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeez, Webbers seat isn't even vacant yet!
Old 5 Sep 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3299490)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Well, lets look at this objectively.

Do we think that Dan, in all honestly, is gonna get much more out of the Red Bull than Mark currently is? Not likely in my view.

So i'll go with, Dan's gonna get his arse whipped.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3299526)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, that's my POV also... actually I don't even understand why people keep thinking about this.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3299556)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think I should even comment in this thread, beyond saying 'Go Dan!'.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3299727)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Put it this way. If Dan gets on terms with Seb and gives him a serious run for his money then it makes a mockery of Marks career.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 04:22 (Ref:3299759)   #7
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Put it this way. If Dan gets on terms with Seb and gives him a serious run for his money then it makes a mockery of Marks career.
Well......
Seb's en route to his 4th world title in a row.... a la Schumacher....

If Ricciardo can get on terms with him and beat him after all the doubt, guff, and jetsam spoken about his ability, what does it say for Seb's career, and by implication, those of Alonso, Kimi, and Hamilton.......
Old 6 Sep 2013, 05:42 (Ref:3299768)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post

If Ricciardo can get on terms with him and beat him after all the doubt, guff, and jetsam spoken about his ability, what does it say for Seb's career, and by implication, those of Alonso, Kimi, and Hamilton.......
Dan is currently behind JEV in points. Do we really expect him to get on terms with Seb?
Old 6 Sep 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3299824)   #9
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Dan is currently behind JEV in points. Do we really expect him to get on terms with Seb?
There's absolutely nothing to indicate that Dan, or anyone else for that matter, would get the better of Vettel in that second Red Bull seat. As has been said, if he does, it will probably be the biggest upset of the modern era and cast a shadow over the careers of all the current F1 stars.

Something else to consider though. If Vettel does wipe the floor with Ricciardo, that second Red Bull seat will become a career terminator in the way that Schumacher's team mates' seats were. In other words, the only chance of getting one over Vettel will be with a car advantage... i.e. in another team.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 09:28 (Ref:3299832)   #10
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
There's absolutely nothing to indicate that Dan, or anyone else for that matter, would get the better of Vettel in that second Red Bull seat. As has been said, if he does, it will probably be the biggest upset of the modern era and cast a shadow over the careers of all the current F1 stars.

Something else to consider though. If Vettel does wipe the floor with Ricciardo, that second Red Bull seat will become a career terminator in the way that Schumacher's team mates' seats were. In other words, the only chance of getting one over Vettel will be with a car advantage... i.e. in another team.
One other view of this is to look at McLaren in the 80's with Lauda/Prost/Senna era.
Could RBR run two cars at that level (like 1988...15 of 16 races and 8 1-2 finishes in both orders...

I don't think so because their emphasis and the way they have operated with Webber has indicated a lack of clear balance in their approach. They have demonstrated a partiality toward Vettel in a way that their actions did not reflect their words or stated 'policy'.

So anyone coming in is getting a clear second driver status to Vettel regardless of the quality of the equipment.... Seb is the preferred driver.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3299877)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reality shock, indeed.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3299901)   #12
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
like I said before put hamilton, alonso, raikonnen or anyone else that would be good enough for a RB seat will be a number 2 driver, and will be treated that way.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3299914)   #13
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He finished behind JEV last season too, and as far as I'm concerned RBR have chosen the wrong man.

Given RBR's statements about Dan pushing Vettel by mid-season, I think they'll let them race for the first few rounds to see if Dan would be a true match for Vettel.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3299930)   #14
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
He finished behind JEV last season too, and as far as I'm concerned RBR have chosen the wrong man.

Given RBR's statements about Dan pushing Vettel by mid-season, I think they'll let them race for the first few rounds to see if Dan would be a true match for Vettel.
Maybe we're looking it the wrong way. Maybe they're giving him until mid season to threaten Vettel... and if hasn't by then, JEV will replace him. Maybe they'll use that second seat as a sort of senior testing benchmark for people who've proven themselves at STR to go on and see if they're not just good... but really great. Red Bull have been philanthropic, but they've also destroyed plenty of drivers careers while they were still very young.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3299958)   #15
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Maybe we're looking it the wrong way. Maybe they're giving him until mid season to threaten Vettel... and if hasn't by then, JEV will replace him. Maybe they'll use that second seat as a sort of senior testing benchmark for people who've proven themselves at STR to go on and see if they're not just good... but really great. Red Bull have been philanthropic, but they've also destroyed plenty of drivers careers while they were still very young.
There has been some analysis of this in Autosport and the RB engineers like DR and think highly of him.

I also think this is a mid/long term base cover for RBR. SV is well aware of F1 history and pedigree and I believe he will want to drive for Ferrari before he leaves F1, therefore DR is probably seen as the medium/long term future of RBR. If they had wanted to go for a known quantity they would have done a deal with KR, knowing it would be 1 or 2 years long.

The comparison with JEV and DR is a close call but DR has shaded it I believe and JEV has another TR year to show his value.

It's not beyond the bounds that DR and JEV both end up as RBR drivers or Felix of course...
Old 6 Sep 2013, 22:26 (Ref:3300037)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My prediction is that Vettel will come out on top if the team favour him. If they don't I think Vettel will come out on top.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 23:57 (Ref:3300050)   #17
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post

how did they choose the wrong person? did you not see the belgium race last weekends where he came from 19 to finish inside the top 10, not too mention he destroyed vergne in all the series he's been racing him in. redbull chose the right person, vergne is overated and lucky to even be in F1.

(nah no biasism here lol) ;P
Old 7 Sep 2013, 01:16 (Ref:3300059)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Put someone else in Webber's car and it ain't gonna go any quicker. Vettel wins races on Sunday and he's in the simulator on Monday. None of his peers have that much dedication to their jobs. Adrian Newey tells Vettel how the car should be driven with the new update packages and Vettel goes out onto the track and drives the car as it needs to be driven.

Could Ricciardo do that? Don't think so. Could any other driver do that? Schumacher did when he was at Ferrari.

It would seem to be the case that those Germans really are sticklers for detail, and F1 is all about the detail.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 02:39 (Ref:3300067)   #19
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
JohnSSC steps out of the Wayback Machine and for a moment thinks that he is in the midst of the "Rubens/Massa could beat Schumacher if only he got equal treatment" threads from days past....

But, it is 2013 and Seb is the new guy that folks seem willing to suspend their willingness to notice the ability as a driver that he has (I personally think Alonso is the best driver on the grid, however...). Seb has handled Webber quite easily. DR has shown little to indicate that (as Adam noted accurately above) with or without preferential treatment Seb will have him covered as well.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 02:47 (Ref:3300069)   #20
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Put someone else in Webber's car and it ain't gonna go any quicker. Vettel wins races on Sunday and he's in the simulator on Monday. None of his peers have that much dedication to their jobs. Adrian Newey tells Vettel how the car should be driven with the new update packages and Vettel goes out onto the track and drives the car as it needs to be driven.

Could Ricciardo do that? Don't think so. Could any other driver do that? Schumacher did when he was at Ferrari.

It would seem to be the case that those Germans really are sticklers for detail, and F1 is all about the detail.
I agree completely except for one thing: Michael and Seb could be from the Island of Drambuie and the fact still remains that both know how to maximize their talent and further; they both know how to get results. It is not about national origin. It's about focus, dedication and talent.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3300192)   #21
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
I like both drivers and I cant wait for them to destroy everyone else again and again
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:02 (Ref:3300402)   #22
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
One other view of this is to look at McLaren in the 80's with Lauda/Prost/Senna era.
Could RBR run two cars at that level (like 1988...15 of 16 races and 8 1-2 finishes in both orders...

I don't think so because their emphasis and the way they have operated with Webber has indicated a lack of clear balance in their approach. They have demonstrated a partiality toward Vettel in a way that their actions did not reflect their words or stated 'policy'.

So anyone coming in is getting a clear second driver status to Vettel regardless of the quality of the equipment.... Seb is the preferred driver.
I think Webber's been given a fair crack of the whip at RBR. He's not really had to sacrifice his own opportunities of a championship to support Vettel. You only need to compare Ferrari and RBR yesterday to see what that would be. Both Vettel and Webber did their own thing and gave it their best... and has regularly been the case, Vettel beat Webber fair and square. Alonso on the other hand had Massa do everything humanly possible to help him... and we can expect him to immediately yield tomorrow too.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 10:00 (Ref:3300436)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
I like both drivers and I cant wait for them to destroy everyone else again and again
I agree with that - well, as far as Dan is concerned, anyway........
Old 8 Sep 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3300512)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC View Post
It is not about national origin. It's about focus, dedication and talent.
Of course. Just having a bit of fun there.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3300528)   #25
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Of course. Just having a bit of fun there.
No worries, Marbot - understand you!